Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I've done something completely out of character, I'm wearing lipstick out in public today and I feel rather good about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    I've done something completely out of character, I'm wearing lipstick out in public today and I feel rather good about it.
    Yay! Wearing make-up always gives me a bit more confidence

--------------------

Not really as active as I was on here anymore. I'm just swinging between everything is awesome to holy hell this is hard. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    still have prep work to do but i'm not sure what it is and i can't get hold of my teacher to ask

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Has anyone gone through the crisis team? If so how was it? Was it what you expected? Were they helpful?

Sorry for all the questions, just wondering what i can expect.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Had the sudden urge that someone was following me up the street and now I'm so freaked.

ReputationRep:
    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH OMG I'M READY TO KILL PEOPLE. Got a phone call off some psychologist asking where I was for our appointment.... said I never got any letter/contact/knew nothing about it. she said she was ringing to offer the group (I have been waiting for since oct) in JUNE. I said I cant do the june group because im going home, i'm a ****ing university student. I said id been promised the January or april group at the latest, no one has been in contact with me, ive tried to chase and no one has got back to me and now youre springing this on me. ****ers. she said that if I miss the group then I will be discharged and would have to start again. is this some sort of sick joke? not sure whether to laugh or cry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH OMG I'M READY TO KILL PEOPLE. Got a phone call off some psychologist asking where I was for our appointment.... said I never got any letter/contact/knew nothing about it. she said she was ringing to offer the group (I have been waiting for since oct) in JUNE. I said I cant do the june group because im going home, i'm a ****ing university student. I said id been promised the January or april group at the latest, no one has been in contact with me, ive tried to chase and no one has got back to me and now youre springing this on me. ****ers. she said that if I miss the group then I will be discharged and would have to start again. is this some sort of sick joke? not sure whether to laugh or cry
    That sounds horrible and ridiculous :mad:
    Don't blame you for feeling angry and argh at all :hugs:
    Can you go to the first few weeks of the june group? (is it just a single month?)

Lots of :hugs: Sorry I don't have anything to say Is just so so stupid and unfair :mad: :console:

ReputationRep:
    I can't get my heart rate down. My brain isn't working and I feel dizzy and sick. Don't think it's a panic attack.

Just want to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just one big psychosomatic mess 🙈😞😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarlightSmiles)
    I can't get my heart rate down. My brain isn't working and I feel dizzy and sick. Don't think it's a panic attack.

Just want to sleep.
    Hope you're feeling a bit better by now :hugs: and that you have had some sleep. I've been having a lot of similar symptoms as have other people recently. It usually passes after a short time but keep in contact with your GP so you can deal with both the physical and mental health things

ReputationRep:
    feel like complete ****ing ****. want to destroy everything. went to appointment which was useless and now feel worse. got a horrible day ahead tomorrow which I cant do and just want to not be here
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    Yay! Wearing make-up always gives me a bit more confidence

--------------------

Not really as active as I was on here anymore. I'm just swinging between everything is awesome to holy hell this is hard. :dontknow:
    I didn't freak out and take it off.

it's nice to see you pop in though!

ReputationRep:
    feel like complete ****ing ****. want to destroy everything. went to appointment which was useless and now feel worse. got a horrible day ahead tomorrow which I cant do and just want to not be here
    :hugs: sorry your appointment was no use, hopefully tomorrow isn't as bad as you fear!

---

Still feel awful, muddling on through courtesy of lots of sleeping, being awake just seems to lead slowly but surely to despair right now, okay for now as at my mums but not been up long so idk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Went for the interview at the SEN school.

Lots of paperwork including declaring medical conditions, if you take meds and if you've been in hospital. I ticked the last two and said they can't contact my GP. Hopefully they won't dig further/need more info :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Went for the interview at the SEN school.

Lots of paperwork including declaring medical conditions, if you take meds and if you've been in hospital. I ticked the last two and said they can't contact my GP. Hopefully they won't dig further/need more info :/
    :hugs: i just had a phone call from Occupational health when i started my job (though it didnt ask those questions) and they just wanted to know more incase they needed to put stuff in place to help me. So i wouldnt worry too much :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Sorry that it made things worse :getmecoat:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Crystalz)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Has anyone gone through the crisis team? If so how was it? Was it what you expected? Were they helpful?

Sorry for all the questions, just wondering what i can expect.
    Spoiler:
    Show

They vary between teams but most of the time one or two will visit briefly everyday/ every few days as needed and talk to you about how you're feeling and possibly give you your medication if they deem you shouldn't be self administering

I didn't really know what to expect as when I was first with them it was my 1st point of contact with mental health teams. After being in services for a few years I've found that between and within teams are pretty similar in how they work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    thank youi understand my dad is similar/contributed to my PTSD so iunderstand a lot of what you've said. i'm sorry your mum is so awful to you, you're an amaazing person!!!!
    (Original post by Valvopus)
    You are not responsible for your mum's emotions or behaviour. None of what you have put is your fault. She is an adult and makes her own decisions.
    Got a lot of empathy for you Socky. I am utterly terrified of going home for over 3 months over summer. spent less than 4 days with them and wanted to rip their heads off. all I can say it is not your fault, and it is so sad that so many parents get it so so wrong. many hugs :hugs:
    :grouphug: thanks everyone, sorry I never got round to replying last night she's not as bad today, back to more usual levels of grumpiness :/

---

it's weird but I've been finished my exams for over a week now and I'm actually missing studying :eek: I feel like I'm doing nothing all day and my brain is wasting away already

ReputationRep:
    So frustrated

Spoiler:
    Show
    not sure i can do this anymote

ReputationRep:
    I feel horrid and I've STILL not revised since Easter. I revised... For half an hour in total maybe?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Also I'm wondering what's the point of going to uni if j don't even like ANY subjects and don't want a job or anything at all. I just want to like fckgn disappear or something. My smartness or whatever is my only good feature and I'm losing it because I'm not trying enough lol love it

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.