Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    You said the same thing about Kane

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No m8, find a quote then!!

A 21 year old having a great season in the first season he was a starter is just the expected trajectory for great players, no reason to necessarily think it's a one off
    A 29 year old in a team where every player suddenly goes from nothing to apparently one of the best in the league in their position is entirely different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    Leicester have no choice but to allow Vardy to speak to Arsenal - it's a clause in his contract.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Suarez also had a £40m clause in his contract

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    No m8, find a quote then!!

A 21 year old having a great season in the first season he was a starter is just the expected trajectory for great players, no reason to necessarily think it's a one off
    A 29 year old in a team where every player suddenly goes from nothing to apparently one of the best in the league in their position is entirely different
    Age isn't really too much of an issue, he's smarter, more mature and tactically aware as a 29 year old, and only viewed as a short-term option. This was Vardy's real first season in the PL as well, he played on the wing under Pearson and they had a poverty season in general. When everyone boosts themselves like Leicester's whole team did, it's indicative of great coaching, awareness of their role and a great fit in the teams system. This could be a risk, but would you bank against Vardy fitting in, considering everything he's been through and accomplished in his career? I wouldn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    Age isn't really too much of an issue, he's smarter, more mature and tactically aware as a 29 year old, and only viewed as a short-term option. This was Vardy's real first season in the PL as well, he played on the wing under Pearson and they had a poverty season in general. When everyone boosts themselves like Leicester's whole team did, it's indicative of great coaching, awareness of their role and a great fit in the teams system. This could be a risk, but would you bank against Vardy fitting in, considering everything he's been through and accomplished in his career? I wouldn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not saying age is an issue in that sense, I'm saying only having had one great season at his age is the issue.
    He partly played on the wing. Whoscored says 9 starts on the wing, 17 up front, so he was still mostly a striker.

He'll get 10-15, quote me in May

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    I'm not saying age is an issue in that sense, I'm saying only having had one great season at his age is the issue.
    He partly played on the wing. Whoscored says 9 starts on the wing, 17 up front, so he was still mostly a striker.

If Arsenal utilise him well, he could absolutely destroy it for them.
    He knows where the goal is and although he's limited at times, if you play a system that works for him, he'll always score.

However he's not a Giroud so Arsenal will definitely have to adapt to him. He just reminds me of Liverpool and Benteke - clearly a quality player but if your playing style doesn't suit him, he'll struggle.

Personally I feel like they should've spent big on somebody like Aubameyang because a top ST is something that has been holding Arsenal back for too long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)

https://twitter.com/SemperIiber/stat...67769443340292

Vardy is a complete forward. When you take into consideration his work rate, he's genuinely one of the best in the world.

He'll get 30 goals next season. 25+ league goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)

Vardy is a complete forward. When you take into consideration his work rate, he's genuinely one of the best in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Vardy should remain at Leicester and finish his career there.

Arsenal won't adapt to his attacking needs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Roast)
    Vardy should remain at Leicester and finish his career there.

Arsenal won't adapt to his attacking needs.

Mate we've more or less signed him.

We are on to the Armenian winger now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Listers)
    Mate we've more or less signed him.

We are on to the Armenian winger now.
    Terrible news. Apparently he's had a medical booked.

ReputationRep:
    Terrible news. Apparently he's had a medical booked.

Yup.

Watch this space fam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Listers)
    Yup.

Watch this space fam
    If he does well with Arsenal, then whatever... good for him. But he won't.

ReputationRep:
    If he does well with Arsenal, then whatever... good for him. But he won't.

What team do you support

ReputationRep:

I wonder what you'd be saying if he were signing for United instead...

ReputationRep:
    Vardy - that world class striker that Arsenal have been desperate for since Henry

ReputationRep:
    Vardy will be a success with provision from ozil, xhaka, wilshere... (if he doesnt get injured). Even with two up front, giroud is great at hold up.

ReputationRep:
    One of the weirdest Arsenal transfers I've seen in my lifetime, even though when you think about it it actually makes complete sense. Never seen rival fan bases so quick to shoot down a transfer, really hope he builds on last season's form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I wonder what you'd be saying if he were signing for United instead...
    Strong expected response from a viet cong

ReputationRep:
    Strong expected response from a viet cong
    Thoughts on impact of Sino-Soviet split on the Vietnam War?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Thoughts on impact of Sino-Soviet split on the Vietnam War?
    will pm my thoughts xxx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.