Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Apparently Stephen Crabb is thinking of withdrawing, which means only one more ballot. Hope Gove comes a distant third in such circumstances.
    H wouldn't be distant third, I wouldn't expect if there would only be 10 in Gove-Leadsom
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Apparently Stephen Crabb is thinking of withdrawing, which means only one more ballot. Hope Gove comes a distant third in such circumstances.
    Has now withdrawn

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Crabb endorses May, no surprise
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Crabb endorses May, no surprise
    So does Fox.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    So does Fox.
    No shock there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    So does Fox.
    Woah I'm suprised about that. I thought he'd be more inclined towards Leadsom...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Fox is voted out , Backs May
    Crabb withdraw , Back May
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Fox is voted out , Backs May
    Crabb withdraw , Back May
    Leadsom would have been much better, far better record

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She would. May's horrible.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I wonder how Blair has taken his last day before public execution...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    He's been hated for ages, the report won't be bad to him, and the ICC have already said they won't touch him

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    The Chilcot report seems pretty pointless to me. People like me who support removing tyrants are unlikely to see anything which will change their opinion. Equally, those who disagree with the Iraq war simply want to use this report to finally nail him and are again unlikely to change their opinion (or even read it i dare say).

People wanted a witchhunt and they were permitted one.

He's been hated for ages, the report won't be bad to him, and the ICC have already said they won't touch him

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He's not even that hated by the average joe, he polls well compared to most historical Prime Minister's. It's the left who have an obsession and can't see anything but Iraq when they remember him.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    She would. May's horrible.
    What do you guys actually see in Leadsom? I'm not May's biggest fan but she seems a superior candidate for Prime Minister to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Woah I'm suprised about that. I thought he'd be more inclined towards Leadsom...
    No point in backing a loser if there's a chance the winner will make you defense sec.

H wouldn't be distant third, I wouldn't expect if there would only be 10 in Gove-Leadsom
    Gove and Leadsom are basically vote splitting so i agree that the 50 or so MP's now available probably won't go for one more heavily than the other. I'd suggest that since Crabb has the larger number and he's an establishment remainer that he'll probably drag Gove closer to Leadsom even if most of his support follows him to May. To come second though, he needs defections.

ReputationRep:
    If Tony Blair is a "war criminal", its on the most semantic basis ever. People bandy it around as if he deliberately killed Iraqi public out of malice, its such an emotive term for what amoutns to France disagreeing with the war ffs.

62% of Iraqis think it was worth getting rid of Hussain.

Tim Farron being slimy and opportunistic on asking him to apologise "to the Iraqi people" when they think what hje did was worth it. When Iraqi tanks came past the people were cheering.

The chaos that followed is a result of the terrorists who took over. Blair didn't "make ISIS". ISIS made themselves because they're evil monsters.

FUnny thing is, if We didn't invade, right now Blair would have the same people calling for his head for not intervening as a dictator used chemical weapons on his own people, which, despite not having the weapons himself, he intended to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    The Chilcot report seems pretty pointless to me. People like me who support removing tyrants are unlikely to see anything which will change their opinion. Equally, those who disagree with the Iraq war simply want to use this report to finally nail him and are again unlikely to change their opinion (or even read it i dare say).

People wanted a witchhunt and they were permitted one.

He's not even that hated by the average joe, he polls well compared to most historical Prime Minister's. It's the left who have an obsession and can't see anything but Iraq when they remember him.
    this surprises me tbh, i'm the only one i know who stands up for him. I've grown up with people mentioning Blair being evil in the same way as one comments on the weather; something you say to a stranger because you know they'll agree.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    What do you guys actually see in Leadsom? I'm not May's biggest fan but she seems a superior candidate for Prime Minister to me.
    Not much, but it's pretty clear that no record is better than May's record (given it has a lot of failure on it) and that is the entire basis of May's argument "let my record speak for itself," and if this were America she would have already lost on that basis because of the heavy negative campaigning.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banterboy)
    this surprises me tbh, i'm the only one i know who stands up for him. I've grown up with people mentioning Blair being evil in the same way as one comments on the weather; something you say to a stranger because you know they'll agree.
    You have to remember that most people are not all that political and don't much care about the minor detail, as such he gets a lot of hate from people who care about UN resolutions but the average joe does not think the Iraq war was big of a deal. Additionally, most people became much better off during his period in office and that likely matters more to them.

ReputationRep:
    You have to remember that most people are not all that political and don't much care about the minor detail, as such he gets a lot of hate from people who care about UN resolutions but the average joe does not think the Iraq war was big of a deal. Additionally, most people became much better off during his period in office and that likely matters more to them.
    In my experience most poeple actually think the conspiracy theories about the iraq war are all true, they've forgotten Saddam Hussain existed, and dont know that Blair made them better off.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by banterboy)
    In my experience most poeple actually think the conspiracy theories about the iraq war are all true, they've forgotten Saddam Hussain existed, and dont know that Blair made them better off.
    I would hardly call destabilising the middle East making them (or us) better off

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.