Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Voices are telling me that there are people watching the house. :cry2: And tbhey're going to try and gett 0in.

Iff theyre right thean i've put everyone else in danger by mnt running when they tiold me too. Stupid stupid person . :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha96)
    Voices are telling me that there are people watching the house. :cry2: And tbhey're going to try and gett 0in.

Iff theyre right thean i've put everyone else in danger by mnt running when they tiold me too. Stupid stupid person . :cry2:
    There is noone there hun your safe IN the house and noone is in danger i promise you :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    There is noone there hun your safe IN the house and noone is in danger i promise you :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But there migh be. :cry2: Ans if there is and they get in the n its my fault if they get hurt
    All my gault- they told me to run and i didnt Now I cant keep them safe. ****ty ****ty daugher/sister :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    But there migh be. :cry2: Ans if there is and they get in the n its my fault if they get hurt
    All my gault- they told me to run and i didnt Now I cant keep them safe. ****ty ****ty daugher/sister :cry2:
    Your not ****! Because its not your fault. Try and distract yourself and i promise you noone is going to break in to your house and your family WILL be safe and so will you! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    My psychiatrist suggested olanzapine and I was like hmmm gained 50lbs and was sleeping 18+hours a day :beard: ....yeah no thanks. I was thinking of asking for aripiprazole actually, the only reason I stopped it before was I got really bad insomnia - I'm thinking I have sleeping pills now so I could take them if that happened again. Either that or I could perhaps even try asking for one of the super new ones if my insurance would cover them. I dunno, my wife is forcing me to call up tomorrow morning and make an appointment so depending on when that is I might not have too much research time.

Awesome. :five: Don't drink too much tonight, you'll have to be able to hand it in tomorrow
    Sounds like a plan. :yy: Go for the aripiprazole - I'm on it, so it must be good! :awesome:

Heh, you know me too well.

:hugs: It's not your fault in the slightest. What you do or don't do doesn't put your family in danger (unless if you piss off some drug dealers ), and you shouldn't have to live in fear of that.

ReputationRep:
    Running away would put you in danger whereas staying hasn't put anyone in danger; they're lying to you, just like they always do. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Your not ****! Because its not your fault. Try and distract yourself and i promise you noone is going to break in to your house and your family WILL be safe and so will you! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs:
    I really am.
    Have a new fiddly thing which is supposeed to help distract. I''m sure youu have one too? The taangles?

(Original post by superwolf)

:hugs: It's not your fault in the slightest. What you do or don't do doesn't put your family in danger (unless if you piss off some drug dealers ), and you shouldn't have to live in fear of that.
    But I didnt run when they told me too an now theyre angry. so it IS my fault if somethi ngg now happens to them.

ReputationRep:
    Running away would put you in danger whereas staying hasn't put anyone in danger; they're lying to you, just like they always do. :hugs:
    It putts my familly in danger tjough/ :cry2: TThey miight hurt them ans it would be all my fault.

ReputationRep:
    But I didnt run when they told me too an now theyre angry. so it IS my fault if somethi ngg now happens to them.
    Like Saber says it's more dangerous to run than to stay. Think of all the other times you've felt threatened like this, but nothing's actually happened. Do you think if you woke up someone in your family and told them what the voices are saying then you'd feel better? You'd have warned them about the (unlikely) danger, and it couldn't possibly be your fault then. :console:

ReputationRep:
    It putts my familly in danger tjough/ :cry2: TThey miight hurt them ans it would be all my fault.
    They're not in danger because the voices are lying. That's what they do, they lie to make you scared and feel like ****. I think superwolf's idea of talking to someone in your family is good, then at least you won't be alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Like Saber says it's more dangerous to run than to stay. Think of all the other times you've felt threatened like this, but nothing's actually happened. Do you think if you woke up someone in your family and told them what the voices are saying then you'd feel better? You'd have warned them about the (unlikely) danger, and it couldn't possibly be your fault then. :console:
    I tried to tell my dad but he just joked around it and told me the only people watchinng us was the government. He wouldnt take me seriously.

ReputationRep:
    I really am.
    Have a new fiddly thing which is supposeed to help distract. I''m sure youu have one too? The taangles?

Use your new twiddly! I swear by mine and even got my boyfriend one you ARE safe hun i promise :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They're not in danger because the voices are lying. That's what they do, they lie to make you scared and feel like ****. I think superwolf's idea of talking to someone in your family is good, then at least you won't be alone.
    I tried to tell dad.
    Use your new twiddly! I swear by mine and even got my boyfriend one you ARE safe hun i promise :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    theyre brilliant.
    I dont feel it.

ReputationRep:
    I tried to tell my dad but he just joked around it and told me the only people watchinng us was the government. He wouldnt take me seriously.
    :console: He probably didn't know what to say in response I guess... Still, I do think that you and your family are safe, and that your dad just joked about it is more evidence pointing towards that fact.

ReputationRep:
    I tried to tell dad.

theyre brilliant.
    I dont feel it.
    With regards to other people understanding how you're feeling, all mental health problems are difficult for people to understand. My stepmum doesn't really understand my dad's problems at all, she thinks mental problems can just be willed away, that you can just man up and deal with it. If only it was that simple :\

From personal experience therapists can help a lot, just because they genuinely understand what your problems are. They also tend to be lovely people.

If im feeling unsafe i wrap myself in a blanket with a warm cuppa and just listen to music and go on imgur, it tends to take my mind off stuff. Try and think if theres anything you can do to help you feel safe and comfy, even if its something small.

ReputationRep:
    Trying not to be excessively reactive. I emailed some really tough stuff to my therapist and now she's rearranging our session for a long time away. I don't know if that's because I talked about stuff that I shouldn't have. I'm scared and it pisses me off. This definitely makes me over reliant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So the doctor has officially diagnosed me with BPD. What can I expect treatment wise? Honestly. I have heard so many bad things about the CMHT and the waiting list for DBT, I am pretty much preparing myself for near abandonment by the mental health services now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfgah)
    Trying not to be excessively reactive. I emailed some really tough stuff to my therapist and now she's rearranging our session for a long time away. I don't know if that's because I talked about stuff that I shouldn't have. I'm scared and it pisses me off. This definitely makes me over reliant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's good that you recognise that you're not being 100% logical - your therapist seems lovely and has reacted well to previous things you've told her, so it's very likely just a coincidence. :hugs:

(Original post by HmMusic)
    So the doctor has officially diagnosed me with BPD. What can I expect treatment wise? Honestly. I have heard so many bad things about the CMHT and the waiting list for DBT, I am pretty much preparing myself for near abandonment by the mental health services now.
    I'm afraid my experience hasn't been great with being told I had BPD - the psychiatrist wouldn't listen at all to my concerns (I seriously doubt I actually have it, since I don't fit enough of the symptoms), and seemed to fall in with the prejudice that if you have it you must be lying and manipulative. I then demanded to change psychiatrists and no-one's mentioned that diagnosis since!

However a lot of my bad experience hinged around the fact that I was certain I didn't have it. What do you think about your diagnosis, aside from being worried about treatment options?

ReputationRep:
    so tired at the moment, slept like 12 hours in the last 16 and sill feel like I have no energy or anything

ReputationRep:
    I really recommend this book, by no means is it perfect but it helped me. Hope it gets better. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2212879957...84.m1555.l2649

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.