Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Maybe not in cloud cuckoo land, but it does in real life.
    It's a priority if you need it for work/studies. I don't. It's merely a source of entertainment like watching the telly or playing PS3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    It's a priority if you need it for work/studies. I don't. It's merely a source of entertainment like watching the telly or playing PS3.
    Which 99.99% on this website do...

ReputationRep:
    Most people do need it for work and studies. I do. My parents need it for their work. It's the place where lots of people get jobs. The internet is a necessity for lots of people.

Either way, your idea of discarding necessities to travel and see parades borders on insane, and is in no way indicative of 'real support'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Says he's blocked me.

Replies to my post.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely, between playing with myself and that and streaming the Arsenal, the internet dont really have no consequence innit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Most people do need it for work and studies. I do. My parents need it for their work. It's the place where lots of people get jobs. The internet is a necessity for lots of people.

Either way, your idea of discarding necessities to travel and see parades borders on insane, and is in no way indicative of 'real support'.
    What part of "the internet is not a priority for me" did you not understand?

I don't think it is insane because I think that lad is talking out of his arse and just couldn't be bothered to go, which is expected when you're from Yorkshire and support a team in Lancashire.

ReputationRep:
    What part of "the internet is not a priority for me" did you not understand?

I don't think it is insane because I think that lad is talking out of his arse and just couldn't be bothered to go, which is expected when you're from Yorkshire and support a team in Lancashire.
    Its a problem for others hence you can't expect him to give up his Internet to go to a parade.

You trollin? Cause this has to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Its a problem for others hence you can't expect him to give up his Internet to go to a parade.
    He doesn't need to and I don't expect him to, because there have been other ways to travel posted in this thread. But obviously you missed those.

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't need to and I don't expect him to, because there have been other ways to travel posted in this thread. But obviously you missed those.
    I'm sure there's a whole bunch of lads he knows who go down to the parades he could have got a lift from....... As for the other suggestion, if that means what I think it does then I can't be bothered to tell you why that isn't the best idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Problem with City is that they have too much Arsenal DNA in their team :lol: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    I'm sure there's a whole bunch of lads he knows who go down to the parades he could have got a lift from....... As for the other suggestion, if that means what I think it does then I can't be bothered to tell you why that isn't the best idea.
    Obviously it's not the best idea but plenty of fans do do it. I've done it as a last resort. S'nuffin.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    You can get the coach to most places in Britain for a ridiculously small cost.
    I've done Manchester to Leeds for £1, London to Manchester for £5 and London to Brussels return for £30 before. Lots of people are snobbish about coach travel but you can save such a huge amount, it helps if you're going with another person so you're not sat next to some randomer for hours.

ReputationRep:
    I'm snobbish about it tbh. I just want to get there ASAP so end up taking the train. It's not so bad if it's roomy and has a toilet but if not it's agony.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I've done Manchester to Leeds for £1, London to Manchester for £5 and London to Brussels return for £30 before. Lots of people are snobbish about coach travel but you can save such a huge amount, it helps if you're going with another person so you're not sat next to some randomer for hours.
    Tbh being stingey about non luxury spending is a good thing. E.g. Going to Aldi/LIDL/the old Netto.
    I like the Megabus myself, and Ryanair, I just don't see the point in paying more for transport.

Put it this way, wealthiest people I know live by these principles.

ReputationRep:
    **** coach I take train to anywhere if somebody doesn't want to drive.

ReputationRep:
    If I'm doing Megabus, I make sure I haven't slept before I get on that bus, so that I can forced my eyes closed while I'm on it.

ReputationRep:
    It's not hard, that's a complete myth. One of my mates was a Blackburn fan in the 90's then switched to Blues. One of my teachers grew up an MU fan (from London) then started going to Blues and is now a massive Blues fan. It's hard if you care what other people will think of you maybe.

There are exceptions to supporting non local teams but not many. We've got loads of fans ourselves but what have they ever had to cheer really?

If MU fall off and start seriously struggling I bet you a lot of people will find it easier.
    This is interesting. I had a friend switch from Villa to Blues. It was interesting because in infant school I knew 0 Blues fans, and at least 30 Villa, but by secondary school, it was about 60-40 Villa.

My Auntie switched from Birmingham City to Arsenal after moving from Birmingham to London to take up a job. At first she tried to stick with Blues, but being in London and hating the owners at Blues made her change. Now she has an Arsenal shirt and goes to games and wrote a book on Wenger.

My Mum switched from Manchester City to Birmingham City about 30 years ago when she moved from Manchester to Birmingham, Dad stuck with United though, thus I follow them now.

The attitude I take is life is short, don't give a **** what anyone else thinks and just support who you want. Your real mates will accept it after some initial stick. If they are still going on about it three years later or if they won't talk to you like any other fan they are not your real mates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Absolutely not, support your local team.
    You wouldn't only date local girls
    You wouldn't only listen to local music
    You wouldn't only buy local groceries
    You wouldn't only wear locally made clothes
    You wouldn't only have local friends
    Why would you only support a local team?

I believe in capitalism and a free market. If I could get a better product in London, why would I invest in Burnley?

btw, aren't you from the Netherlands? Support your local Ajax?

I've been to a couple of their games before, as I have with Blues. When they aren't playing us I wish them well so that is air.
    You absolutely can have a second team. Mine is Birmingham City. When I was in school Blues were in the Premier League, me and my mate went to 12 of the 19 away games and a couple of cup ones, had some epic adventures I'll never forget. At Highbury we got moonied at. At the Madejski the Reading fans tried to tip our coach up. At St. James' I was 30 seconds away aged 15 from missing the coach back!

ReputationRep:
    Tbh If I move out to Nottingham next year then Nottingham Forest will be a second club I support. Much easier to go to the games than Arsenal no?
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Tbh If I move out to Nottingham next year then Nottingham Forest will be a second club I support. Much easier to go to the games than Arsenal no?
    Last year when I was thinking of uni's to apply to I was interested in Nottingham. I got talking to this guy and he gave me all kinds of recommendation/advice about the uni, I asked him about football in that city ie- Notts County and Nottingham Forest. He said quite a few of the students from both universities go to watch the home games and it's a lot of fun. Tickets aren't too expensive either. So by all means AR that's not a bad idea, something entertaining to while away the time. You can always hop on a train from time to time to check on Arsenal

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 5, 2015
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.