ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Szcz
    Debuchy Kos Mert Gibbs
    Ramsey Flamini
    Alexis Ozil Welbeck
    Sanogo

bruh please I beg you dont change your ways

i want 2-3-1 formations of Benzema, Reus, Khedira, Carvalho, Ozil and Sanchez

where's the old Stalin gone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I say we get Diego Lugano, free agent as well. Can cover till Jan mate...
    you'd be better off with some Wenger-groomed teenager
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    I will
    That wouldn't be appropriate.

(Original post by Strange Fruittt)
    you'd be better off with some Wenger-groomed teenager
    I know I was joking

ReputationRep:
    Isaac Hayden and Hector on Champions league nights will be sweet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    Isaac Hayden and Hector on Champions league nights will be sweet.
    Bellerin? Looked good whenever I've seen him and very, very quick. Not sure if he'd actually be much of a downgrade on Debuchy lol. Is he making it at Arsenal long term?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I wouldn't call an experienced manager naive though, more so stubborn to change.

I'm not sure why he does it. I think it's because we struggle to play our own possession game as it is so brings up the centre backs for support, which works in the smaller games but backfires against stronger teams.

He's also got an unhealthy obsession with playing players in their wrong position, especially Ozil on the far left of the four when he's clearly stated he'd prefer a central role, or at least to the right?

As you asked about my opinion on him, I'm Wenger out but not entirely for the same reasons as most people are. Everyone is shouting for a new ST and DM (which would move the squad forward) but the problems with Arsenal are much more deep rooted and complicated then that.
    Yer first bit I agree with. Stubbornness is disgraceful at this level. Swallow your pride you senile fool.

A lot of teams play with both fullbacks forward, it's the modern way you play a possession game. You need that extra outlet full back outlet. The CBs aren't necessarily the problem in terms of possession, they're dragged forwards by the positioning of the fullbacks, they can't allow too big a space to form in behind the fullback when the ball is turned over.

Why would Ozil be any better on the right compared to the left? Played left side for Germany, and anyway your other players (Ox, Theo, Sanchez, the CMs) are more suited to playing on the right? Obviously Wenger loves his 4 AMs system but it's possibly a case of making do with what he has, given that Giroud and Walcott are out?

Apart from stubborness in the big games, what else make up these deep rooted and complicated issues?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    Welbeck being permanent probably means no star striker signing next season either, laughable.

Even SSN are taking the piss with their polls.
    Daily Mail did a comparison between the top clubs strikers with ratings out of 10. Somehow Welbeck got 8 while RVP got 8.5 :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Forgot to mention that he'll improve your performances against the big teams too
    That's probably the biggest positive. Can imagine a front 3 of Theo, Alexis and Welbeck, Ramsey behind, having a proper go at Stamford Bridge etc on the counter with their work rate and mentality. No more messing about with Santi Cazorla wilting flowers. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    That's probably the biggest positive. Can imagine a front 3 of Theo, Alexis and Welbeck having a proper go at Stamford Bridge etc on the counter with their work rate and mentality. No more messing about with Santi Cazorla wilting flowers. :cool:
    Chances are Wenger will rate Cazorla over Walcott Welbeck or anyone else on the wing regardless

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    '' England forward Danny Welbeck injured in training and unlikely to be risked against Norway on Wednesday''

Wenger out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    '' England forward Danny Welbeck injured in training and unlikely to be risked against Norway on Wednesday''

Wenger out?
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOL How the ****? :| They injured him during his medical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Chances are Wenger will rate Cazorla over Walcott Welbeck or anyone else on the wing regardless

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No doubt we'll have Arteta, Cazorla, Sanogo as the first names on the teamsheet, Ozil hugging the touchline at LW

We should have sold Podolski as well in fairness, cant see where he's going to play. Reckon he'll go on loan to Koln in January.

(Original post by sr90)

Wenger out?
    Paper cut from his contract, subsequently mistreated with a cocktail of drugs and invasive surgery from our medical team that will leave him paralysed from the neck down, and sharing a room with Diaby in the Arsenal FC Hospital Hospice.

Welcome to Arsenal lad

ReputationRep:
    ****ing count us to sign an injured striker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Wenger out?
    Welcome to Arsenal.

As soon as you sign, your bones turn to dust.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Article on Wenger's love of attacking midfielders: http://www.theguardian.com/football/...raxler-arsenal (it's old)

As for Lukas Podolski, I have a theory there is some terrible misunderstanding here, that he hasn't actually mustered up the courage to "come out" as a striker at Arsenal, that he turned up at training and just joined in with what everyone else was doing, like arriving in the office canteen on your first day at work and on a whim pretending to have a broad Mexican accent, and somehow finding yourself still doing it three years later.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Bellerin? Looked good whenever I've seen him and very, very quick. Not sure if he'd actually be much of a downgrade on Debuchy lol. Is he making it at Arsenal long term?
    Yeah I think he broke Theos 40m sprint record at the club. He's got very good ball control, his ability to beat a man is very good for such a young RB, wouldn't expect anything less from a la masia graduate tbh. Still raw though and defensively still quite a bit to be desired, any decent winger could turn him despite his pace. He's still got the mentality of a winger in that he's attack first defend later which isn't too bad in the modern game but its too extreme atm and would cost us a few goals no doubt, more than Debuchy would.

He has got a future here atm. Doubt Jenkinson will make it now that he's basically been banished to fat sam and Wenger seeing Chambers as more of a central player, we will see more of Bellerin this season definitely. He will make his PL debut this season and will probably break in to second choice at least by next season. The Debuchy deal makes more sense if that's what Wenger is planning to do though, no point in getting someone like Aurier which would mean we have 3 RBs under the age of 23.

ReputationRep:
    Yer first bit I agree with. Stubbornness is disgraceful at this level. Swallow your pride you senile fool.

A lot of teams play with both fullbacks forward, it's the modern way you play a possession game. You need that extra outlet full back outlet. The CBs aren't necessarily the problem in terms of possession, they're dragged forwards by the positioning of the fullbacks, they can't allow too big a space to form in behind the fullback when the ball is turned over.

Why would Ozil be any better on the right compared to the left? Played left side for Germany, and anyway your other players (Ox, Theo, Sanchez, the CMs) are more suited to playing on the right? Obviously Wenger loves his 4 AMs system but it's possibly a case of making do with what he has, given that Giroud and Walcott are out?

Apart from stubborness in the big games, what else make up these deep rooted and complicated issues?
    I wasn't really saying the CB's were our fault in possession though. I just meant it seemed like a lot of the time they are there because of how easily we are dispossessed at times.

Ozil in an interview had said he prefers to use his left foot from the right to cut/pass into the middle. Probably just a preference really and although he played on the left for Germany, his World cup was still pretty average/below his standards. Regardless I think he should be put in the middle and leave the wings for Alexis/Walcott/Ox heck even Podolski.

Well it may have been over dramatic but I meant there are more problems then just replacing these positions. You've heard me say them before but I think we need to improve our possession game a lot within the midfield, especially for big games. There's also the high line issue but also a ton of individual mistakes which need to be ironed out. Our midfield chance creation is quite poor (though some people keep saying "With Ozil and Sanchez feeding balls through!") and our general style of play is very wasteful. Not to forget the bizarre 4-1-4-1 Wenger is persisting with (which seems to be a downgrade from our 4-2-3-1) and also the need to continue with "Wengerball". The exciting thing about this season for us was hoping to see Alexis and Theo on either wing, making the team faster paced and having more opportunities with counter attacks. Instead we're going to be held back by lack-luster sideways ball where Ozil and Caozrla sit on either wing with Ramsey/Wilshere in the middle, which doesn't work at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I wasn't really saying the CB's were our fault in possession though. I just meant it seemed like a lot of the time they are there because of how easily we are dispossessed at times.

Ozil in an interview had said he prefers to use his left foot from the right to cut/pass into the middle. Probably just a preference really and although he played on the left for Germany, his World cup was still pretty average/below his standards. Regardless I think he should be put in the middle and leave the wings for Alexis/Walcott/Ox heck even Podolski.

Well it may have been over dramatic but I meant there are more problems then just replacing these positions. You've heard me say them before but I think we need to improve our possession game a lot within the midfield, especially for big games. There's also the high line issue but also a ton of individual mistakes which need to be ironed out. Our midfield chance creation is quite poor (though some people keep saying "With Ozil and Sanchez feeding balls through!") and our general style of play is very wasteful. Not to forget the bizarre 4-1-4-1 Wenger is persisting with (which seems to be a downgrade from our 4-2-3-1) and also the need to continue with "Wengerball". The exciting thing about this season for us was hoping to see Alexis and Theo on either wing, making the team faster paced and having more opportunities with counter attacks. Instead we're going to be held back by lack-luster sideways ball where Ozil and Caozrla sit on either wing with Ramsey/Wilshere in the middle, which doesn't work at all.
    I'd like him to tell us why he persists with Ozil on the left instead of playing the OX or Campbell.

ReputationRep:
    bruh please I beg you dont change your ways

i want 2-3-1 formations of Benzema, Reus, Khedira, Carvalho, Ozil and Sanchez

where's the old Stalin gone
    No point, the window's closed. You'll have to wait 'til Jan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Article on Wenger's love of attacking midfielders: http://www.theguardian.com/football/...raxler-arsenal (it's old)

:rofl:
    sounds like our pod, can't wait for the instagram pics.
    #pod #welbz #blackandwhite #aha

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.