Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    Thanks for the confidence boost

What would a good answer be to "why did you not secure a spring week in your first year"?
    Whatever your answer is, make sure to say how you've improved since then, why you're a stronger candidate now ready to take yourself to the next level through a summer internship etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Wasn't notified of the opportunities available? Only started looking into IB during the summer of 2015?
    I don't think id be able to pull that off seeing as I'm at UCL studying econ, and they'll be able to see that I actually applied for the spring week haha

(Original post by will2348)
    Whatever your answer is, make sure to say how you've improved since then, why you're a stronger candidate now ready to take yourself to the next level through a summer internship etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Slightly nervous for tomorrow's final round >.<

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, Knock it out of the park!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck you'll be great

ReputationRep:
    Good luck man! you were offered the final round for a reason! They want you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President M.E.)
    Good luck you'll be great
    (Original post by Roadrage27)
    Good luck man! you were offered the final round for a reason! They want you!
    Thanks guys, I think it went pretty well, quite enjoyable in fact.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, I think it went pretty well, quite enjoyable in fact.
    What was the format? / who was it with? Wonder how much they've changed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aenigma)
    What was the format? / who was it with? Wonder how much they've changed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    3x30 mins - Directors/Associates from various IBD divs, and an interview with a guy from the div you expressed interest in.

Strengths / CV shredding & for me a few econ/bonds/derivatives related questions, nothing that I would say was 'technical' though

ReputationRep:
    3x30 mins - Directors/Associates from various IBD divs, and an interview with a guy from the div you expressed interest in.

Strengths / CV shredding & for me a few econ/bonds/derivatives related questions, nothing that I would say was 'technical' though
    Yeah, that's basically what we had, no really techs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Was this like some kind of fast track for the fast track lol?

ReputationRep:
    Was this like some kind of fast track for the fast track lol?
    It was just the fast track interview

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

As I am coming to the end of year 13, what would you advise me to do to prepare for my spring week applications?

I am currently applying/applied for placements and insight days.

What things would you do if you could go back, and what should I keep my eye out for? When do most SW applications start? I have firmed UCL for Chemical Engineering.

Thank you in advance.

ReputationRep:
    It was just the fast track interview
    so all the spring week attendees get it?

ReputationRep:
    The guy mentioned about it last page - HR and people there will actively observe you during the spring week, they will only choose people who are good enough to get fast-tracked.

------

Does anyone actually want to work in Back Office (except Technology) or prefer it over Front Office? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    There was 12 of us who got it for IBD and I think roughly the same number for markets. Not everyone gets it or atleast not everyone gets it straight away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzygrant)
    The guy mentioned about it last page - HR and people there will actively observe you during the spring week, they will only choose people who are good enough to get fast-tracked.

------

Does anyone actually want to work in Back Office (except Technology) or prefer it over Front Office? :confused:
    I suppose it would be dependent on the skills, interests and possibly the better working hours, as ops/comp/legal still pay well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph.S)
    Hi All,

As I am coming to the end of year 13, what would you advise me to do to prepare for my spring week applications?

I am currently applying/applied for placements and insight days.

What things would you do if you could go back, and what should I keep my eye out for? When do most SW applications start? I have firmed UCL for Chemical Engineering.

Thank you in advance.
    Research the various divisions, how they interlink, the relevance of an IB to an economy.

If I could go back, I'd probably have started practicing the online numericals in summer and started my cover letters then too :rolleyes:

Applications start ~September/November, as soon as you begin university really.

ReputationRep:
    Got the penultimate year offer

ReputationRep:
    Got the penultimate year offer
    Congrats mate! For what firm?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.