Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by superwolf)
    I'm not sure of the exact definition, but my psychologist said from what I've described it seems like I do it. I just kind of fall out of place with the rest of the world, almost like I'm getting really absorbed and focussed on something, only there's nothing there that I'm actually focussing on. Everything just disappears from view. Dunno if that makes it clear at all, not really thinking clearly right now. :erm:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I feel sick with myself. I don't understand how I can like myself as a person, be proud of how far I've come, and still spend so much time hurting myself.
    I kind of know what you mean, thanks Could you talk to someone about it, like on the phone or something? Or find something that makes you be involved in it, like playing an instrument or something if you have one?

Spoiler:
    Show
    You should be proud of who you are and how far you've come, I guess there will always be bad days and hurting yourself isn't good, but the fact that you recognise you do it is probably a good thing? You're Wolfie and you help people here and cheer us up and always know the right thing to say, and that's definitely something to be proud of :yep:

Edit: Or goin for a walk could help, but make sure someone knows where you're going/roughly how long you'll be so they know you're safe :hugs:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    I'm in uni so I can't reply to you on Skype but are you okay? I'll call you on Skype as soon as I'm home at around 5?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can't honestly say I'm ok, but it's nothing I can talk about on here. Can't think what else to say, will respond to other posts later.

ReputationRep:
    I can't honestly say I'm ok, but it's nothing I can talk about on here. Can't think what else to say, will respond to other posts later.
    :console: oh hun are you at least safe? If you can get on Facebook you could message me on there or send me a PM on here if you want to talk just now :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    :console: oh hun are you at least safe? If you can get on Facebook you could message me on there or send me a PM on here if you want to talk just now :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Safe enough I think. Hard to form words though.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: :hugs:

When you throw wolfie to the wolves, she comes back leading the pack

:cube:

ReputationRep:
    I have no advice but have a hug
    :hugs::hugs:
    Have lots of hugs
    :jumphug::jumphug:
    Have all the hugs
    :console::hugs: :grouphugs::penguinhug:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Got to go out in a bit and I'm scared, plus it's thundering and tipping it down so I'm going to get soaked :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :sigh:
    was on the verge of dissociating throughout all my classes today, and when i was able to think i was thinking about bad bad things :sigh: hiding in the library because i know i'll collapse into a puddle when i get back to my room :sigh: can't do this any more, i hate myself so much, i can't stand to be me :sigh:

(Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    :sigh:
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not feeling good, I'm not feeling good at all :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Just inquired about a job helping autistic people, much better than working in retail for me. Hope I get it now, worried I'll get too nervous & they won't let me because of my inexperience. However I know someone else who got in with no prior experience so ets see how it goes?

On another note, how's everyone feeling today?

(Original post by IDukem)
    Oh nooo :hugs: what's up?

ReputationRep:
    ^^Me

Ohgodohgod they're cooking me food they're gonna force it down me. Could cry. And now I have to go out for the whole evening. None of it in my control. Nothing :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Oh nooo :hugs: what's up?
    Same old same old, feeling lonely. I feel like I care too much and some care too little...in a way I envy those with the latter :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    What's up bud? :hugs:

(Original post by Multitalented me)
    Just inquired about a job helping autistic people, much better than working in retail for me. Hope I get it now, worried I'll get too nervous & they won't let me because of my inexperience. However I know someone else who got in with no prior experience so ets see how it goes?

On another note, how's everyone feeling today?
    Feel i can relate a lot to that, worked in catering/retail before and it was hell...way too fast paced and stressful, and your managers will tell you to focus on quality but there isn't a chance in hell to do that when you're given the work of 3 people.

Currently looking for that kinda work myself Whenever i've been to the places where they are helping people with autism, aspergers, and so on, it always seems like a really friendly atmosphere. Sure there is stress, and you do have to rush around sometimes i'm sure, but i bet it's a lot more fulfilling!

Some places are happy to train you, just need to get lucky with interviews and such :P

Same old same old, feeling lonely. I feel like I care too much and some care too little...in a way I envy those with the latter :hugs:
    It just shows you're a good person. It will serve you well in the end, just a painful road xxx

ReputationRep:
    ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meaty_man)

Feel i can relate a lot to that, worked in catering/retail before and it was hell...way too fast paced and stressful, and your managers will tell you to focus on quality but there isn't a chance in hell to do that when you're given the work of 3 people.

Currently looking for that kinda work myself Whenever i've been to the places where they are helping people with autism, aspergers, and so on, it always seems like a really friendly atmosphere. Sure there is stress, and you do have to rush around sometimes i'm sure, but i bet it's a lot more fulfilling!

Some places are happy to train you, just need to get lucky with interviews and such :P
    I worked with people with autism/aspergers (and other things) at trampolining for 7/8 years. It's really good, I think most the people I've met who are involved in that kind of work are really nice and I found it didn't make me too anxious either which is good. Really good thing to work in, good luck with job hunt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)

Ah ok I'm terribly sorry you've had to deal with these illnesses :console: I had problems myself with challenging courses & I was shy & still am a little bit now around new people especially.

Oh walking is nice, get some fresh air, smoking though :erm: I've always wanted to play guitar aha, you any good? What songs do you like? What book was that?

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties

Yep I'm trying to quit smoking like every other smoker...

I'm okay at guitar
    Went through a big nick drake phase at 18-19 and since then it's mainly been Elliott Smith.

My book is You Can't Do Both by Kingsley Amis
    Probably a bit high brow for me but nothing wrong with trying to better yourself right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meaty_man)
    So many things that it's not even funny :hugs:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    It just shows you're a good person. It will serve you well in the end, just a painful road xxx
    I hope I am and I hope it does. I just wanna hug and hopefully lady luck will be on my side for once I like how you have some sort of alter-ego Cinnie! Ya know, you and anonymous 29 :teehee:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.