Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Well the structure towards our approach to the window was revealed to be 1 marquee signing minimum each season. We didn't really need Ozil but if a player like him or similar is available that Wenger rates then I'm sure we'll sign some one. I don't think there'll ever be a signing as hyped as Ozil, simply because of how out of the blue it was and because of how big his previous reputation was too. It's likely we'll sign Pedro this summer though which wouldn't be a bad move at all, as we need a more efficient winger.

Carvalho though, I'd love Carvalho, but at the moment I'm still dubious to the validity of the reports.
    Yeah these were my initial thoughts but I don't Wenger will want to add too much given our recent form. Would be amazing to get a marquee player though, and if that's on the right wing (like Pedro) then our attack next season will be incredibly deadly.

Tbh all of these story's that are out are just pre-transfer window hype. Can you imagine what kinds of stories will be out between May 30th-July 1st? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Well, can Chambo do this?

no but Cheick Tiote can do one better

therefore Tiote > Depay ?

A free kick like that means nothing if there is no #consistency

ReputationRep:
    Well, can Chambo do this?

United fans already got the "welcome to Manchester" yt videos up 2 months before the transfer window starts and he can join, what melts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    United fans already got the "welcome to Manchester" yt videos up 2 months before the transfer window starts and he can join, what melts
    That makes this one even more funny for Arsenal since it was put up December last year

ReputationRep:
    That makes this one even more funny for Arsenal since it was put up December last year

You're right it's pathetic, although to be fair that was a month before the Jan transfer window, there's still 2 and a half months until the summer one starts

ReputationRep:
    You're right it's pathetic, although to be fair that was a month before the Jan transfer window, there's still 2 and a half months until the summer one starts
    Lol what does it matter, any deluded person can upload a video of Messi with the title, "Welcome to Stoke City... on a cold Wednesday night"

ReputationRep:
    Lol what does it matter, any deluded person can upload a video of Messi with the title, "Welcome to Stoke City... on a cold Wednesday night"
    Its just a tad cringey isn't it? How do people have time to make such ****. Plus Carvalho looked poor in that bid, would rather ciq based off that

ReputationRep:
    Someone somewhere probably has a stash of about 200 'welcome to Arsenal' videos they made, just hoping one of them turns out to be true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Yeah these were my initial thoughts but I don't Wenger will want to add too much given our recent form. Would be amazing to get a marquee player though, and if that's on the right wing (like Pedro) then our attack next season will be incredibly deadly.

Tbh all of these story's that are out are just pre-transfer window hype. Can you imagine what kinds of stories will be out between May 30th-July 1st? :lol:

Yhh, remember the Zigic rumours lool
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    So we've been drawn as the 'away' team for out FA Cup final with Villa. We're going to be wearing our yellow strip. Last year we were the 'Home team' meh it irks me but I shouldn't bother much

ReputationRep:
    dont really mind - Love our away kit, so it does not bother me.

ReputationRep:
    don't worry, you'll bottle it no matter what colour you're wearing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    You have a worse record against them, not beaten them in your own back yard since 2010

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    You have a worse record against them, not beaten them in your own back yard since 2010
    How is that relevant to his point? haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

Filed your post under r/irony.

ReputationRep:
    Recent record suggests Aston Villa are more likely to beat Liverpool than Arsenal, and they just recently beat Liverpool on neutral ground. Not sure if they can do that to a team widely known to be flat-track bullies... and I think the "Small Heath" lot want to support the team they beat in the League Cup final. Just to shove it up Villa's Arse[nal]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    shawn pls
    y u do dis?

Filed your post under r/irony.
    i'll give you that one

pls, it was just banter.

ReputationRep:
    Gundagon seems like he's on his way to united..

For a reported £21.5m..

Even though his injury record is a deal breaker for us, at that price he wouldn't have been a bad shout tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Gundagon seems like he's on his way to united..

For a reported £21.5m..

Even though his injury record is a deal breaker for us, at that price he wouldn't have been a bad shout tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why is it a deal breaker? He'd fit right in with the rest of the injury prone players e.g Wilshere, Rosicky, Walcott, Diaby, Arteta, Ox.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3isenberg)
    Why is it a deal breaker? He'd fit right in with the rest of the injury prone players e.g Wilshere, Rosicky, Walcott, Diaby, Arteta, Ox.
    Already got three holding midfielders on the injury list mate, can see Gundagon getting frustrated..

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.