Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Dahoud is great talent, you won't be getting him though.

Realistically you can look forward to signing players like Mane and Ryan Mason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Dahoud is great talent, you won't be getting him though.

Realistically you can look forward to signing players like Mane and Ryan Mason.
    Pls, no reason why we couldn't unless a bigger club went for him.

Tbh Mane is either hattrick or nothing - he'd cost us way too much anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Pls, no reason why we couldn't unless a bigger club went for him.

Tbh Mane is either hattrick or nothing - he'd cost us way too much anyway.
    Gladbach won't be selling

ReputationRep:
    Depends who they buy and depends whether we go risky or not with a big sum.

We have money but we can't afford to do a United and spend 30m on a random player.

ReputationRep:
    Gladbach won't be selling Dahoud after already selling Xhaka to Arsenal unless we pay big money. Zielinksi is our fallback option but it's just a matter of negotiating a deal as he prefers to go to Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    Money always talks and no doubt he has a price they would let him go for (BM make like £100mil in revenues a year). Not sure Liverpool would match what BM would demand but you think they would turn down 50-60mil euros?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Money always talks and no doubt he has a price they would let him go for (BM make like £100mil in revenues a year). Not sure Liverpool would match what BM would demand but you think they would turn down 50-60mil euros?
    I'd be surprised if we went higher than 20m personally so I doubt we'll get him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I'd be surprised if we went higher than 20m personally so I doubt we'll get him.
    Yea I'd imagine our range is 20-30mil.

Seems that Udinese agreed a fee for Zielinski with Napoli but the player has so far rejected that move. If we can agree a fee with Udinese then that deal should get wrapped up quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Yea I'd imagine our range is 20-30mil.

Seems that Udinese agreed a fee for Zielinski with Napoli but the player has so far rejected that move. If we can agree a fee with Udinese then that deal should get wrapped up quickly.
    Yeah that's right (see my post above) - we've offered 9.5m but it sounds like Udinese want more.

Zielinski looks like it'll be the transfer, not Dahoud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Don't underestimate Allen's usefulness as a squad player though. He has absolutely prospered with Klopp and what's to say he isn't better/won't become better than the young CM signings we're looking at.

Henderson has been playing first team football as our captain for a while now - we see him every week and I'm just not convinced he can make it. Allen barely starts a game but always looks brilliant.
    We'd get more selling Henderson and Allen would be content not to be starting too.

Fair enough if we sign Dahoud or Zielinksi for instance, but they're always gonna be a risk so it would be a good idea to have Allen in reserve in case they have a slow start.
    Obviously I'm biased because I love the man nowadays but if we sold Allen I doubt we'd get anywhere near what he's worth :/
    I think Allen as a squad player will be excellent and I'd love him to stay. My point is I don't think he will want to do that as he'll be able to go to a midtable club and play regularly. His recent performances will mean he's incredibly confident and it'll be a shame for him to just sit on the bench. Apparently Swansea are interested but are yet to make an official bid and that the club will accept £10 million for him.

Wrt Hendo, last season he had bad luck with injuries. I think he'll stay at least next season just for the sake of continuity and familiarity and also to give Hendo a fair chance to prove his worth to Klopp. Providing he can be injury free and play like the 13/14 and 14/15 season there's no reason why he should leave just yet. He's not an amazing player but he has improved over the past few seasons.

(Original post by Lúcio)
    As for Can, I completely agree and I very much see him as leadership quality. The guy has ridiculous potential and if he could develop a bit more consistency, he could become world class.
    Personally I think our next captain should be Sakho (obviously depending on what happens with him) because he's a clear leader in our side and we don't have very many at all.
    Ah how did I forget about Sakho.
    Yup he should defo be our captain for the next few seasons, I absolutely love him. I can see Can as our future captain, say in 5 years time.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about Sakho being captain considering he might not even make it onto the pitch? Could very easily be 3rd choice behind Lovren and Matip.

Can doesn't have the temperament or experience to be captain yet. Needs to focus on adding consistency on his own game without worrying about others. It's a shame someone like Clyne isn't more vocal since he's probably the only player who would always make it onto the team sheet.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about Sakho being captain considering he might not even make it onto the pitch? Could very easily be 3rd choice behind Lovren and Matip.

Can doesn't have the temperament or experience to be captain yet. Needs to focus on adding consistency on his own game without worrying about others. It's a shame someone like Clyne isn't more vocal since he's probably the only player who would always make it onto the team sheet.
    Absolutely no way Sakho isn't our first defender when fit.
    He's made a great partnership with Lovren and he leads it well - Matip will have to show something special if he wants in.

Can is inconsistent at times but he definitely has room to grow. He has a winner's mentality and he could develop in to a very influential teammate in years to come.
    Clyne is solid but not a leader. Honestly for a fullback to be captain, they have to be something very special indeed (i.e: Lahm).

I don't think anybody other than Sakho displays leadership ability AND the quality to be in our first team in years to come.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool centre-back Dejan Lovren will not feature during this summer's European Championship finals in France after being omitted from a 27-man provisional Croatia squad for the tournament. The decision comes after a very public disagreement between the 26-year-old and manager Ante Cacic that flared up during the last international break following a 1-1 draw against Hungary

Poor sportsmanship tbh.

I want people like Agger as our CB

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think it's stupid how Riise was sold in 2009 after scoring an own goal in the game against Chelsea, but Moreno's abomination of a performance against Sevilla won't do much damage against his starting position on the team? I mean, who else was a better wing-back than Riise(for Liverpool)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RasputinReborn)
    Does anyone else think it's stupid how Riise was sold in 2009 after scoring an own goal in the game against Chelsea, but Moreno's abomination of a performance against Sevilla won't do much damage against his starting position on the team? I mean, who else was a better wing-back than Riise(for Liverpool)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think we'll be getting a new LB, Klopp spends like half of every game just shouting at Moreno, I don't think he's keen.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To be honest, Riise was dreadful for us post-2006. He had a canny knack of being caught out and costing us goals. I don't think Benitez, being the tactical disciplinarian he is, enjoyed that.

He was great going forward, and great at striking the ball, but he was always poor defensively.

ReputationRep:
    Brazil with a shock loss to Peru sees them fail to progress from the group stages of the Copa America.

The best thing about it is Coutinho coming home!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Absolutely no way Sakho isn't our first defender when fit.
    He's made a great partnership with Lovren and he leads it well - Matip will have to show something special if he wants in.

Can is inconsistent at times but he definitely has room to grow. He has a winner's mentality and he could develop in to a very influential teammate in years to come.
    Clyne is solid but not a leader. Honestly for a fullback to be captain, they have to be something very special indeed (i.e: Lahm).

I don't think anybody other than Sakho displays leadership ability AND the quality to be in our first team in years to come.
    I'm not convinced tbh. Klopp seems to like Lovren and improved him and Matip is his signing. Sakho has injury issues. The good thing is that all 3 can be with the squad all summer for pre-season so Klopp will be able to decide which combination is best.

Yea maybe re Can but I'd rather he focused on his own game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Riise was sold because Rafa didn't want him/the type of fullback he was. I'd expect Klopp to bring in a LB but for me Moreno has an important role in the squad. He's what you want against the bottom 10 PL sides and that's a potential 60 points there.

(Original post by Lúcio)
    Brazil with a shock loss to Peru sees them fail to progress from the group stages of the Copa America.

The best thing about it is Coutinho coming home!
    Wow that is hilarious! Good for us If he has a couple of weeks rest now, he could be back in training with the rest of the squad from the start of July?

ReputationRep:
    I've realised I'm becoming one of those fans slowly. Keep thinking why are we potentially signing Zielinski when we need some experience and someone of proven quality in the midfield.

Just occurred to me that we signed a 23 year old Xabi Alonso in 2004 who went on to be great and integral to our team - why can't a 22 year old Zielinski do the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    I'm pretty sure Allen will want out. He won't be a starter next season and with the lack of European football his chances to play will be strictly cameos with the odd start. He's been at the club for 4 years now and has had a bit part role. Not to mention he is 26 so no doubt wants to spend his peak years playing football week in, week out. I've heard that Swansea are keen to take him back.
    Joe allen is better than all LFC midfielders. You could argue about emre can. But a midfield of those 2will do next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.