Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I made this thread so people could discuss the LSE application proces, the operative word being DISCUSS! Stop arguing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amar09)
    I made this thread so people could discuss the LSE application proces, the operative word being DISCUSS! Stop arguing!
    Let it continue =/
    This is funny, people are agruing over something that it is so obvious

ReputationRep:
    guuuuuuuyssss be happy...
    you're all gonna be freshers soon, SOMEWHERE at least...be thankful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badboy_sdx)
    guuuuuuuyssss be happy...
    you're all gonna be freshers soon, SOMEWHERE at least...be thankful
    I agree, don't think I want to go to LSE with loads of first years arguing!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone aware that Extra opens this Friday? Somehow I was under the impression that all offers would be all sent in by then, but we'll see... I won't speculate, no need to add any more fuel to the fire :tongue:

(It's past 5pm, my status still reads nothing....)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_enchantress)
    Is anyone aware that Extra opens this Friday? Somehow I was under the impression that all offers would be all sent in by then, but we'll see... I won't speculate, no need to add any more fuel to the fire :tongue:

I didn't now Extra opened that early, but LSE don't enter Extra so it wouldn't make a difference to their decision process.

ReputationRep:
    That's true, but it saddens me that other universities are opening their Extra already and us hopeful applicants are still waiting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_enchantress)

But the official deadline for universities to make their decision is around 31st March so I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    Guys I just realized seeing as which LSE is the only university who haven't given me a reply yet, will the line on the first page when you long on to track that says something like 'Your application has been sent for consideration' change once I get my last reply from them? So that would mean I would know that they have replied to me without clicking choices!! Aamazing!! I guess Im trying to find small meaningless pleasures in the midst of the pain of waiting! At least Im not taking out my frustration by constantly making speculations or pissing of the rest of the forum :P! Or maybe I am...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QBC123)
    Guys I just realized seeing as which LSE is the only university who haven't given me a reply yet, will the line on the first page when you long on to track that says something like 'Your application has been sent for consideration' change once I get my last reply from them? So that would mean I would know that they have replied to me without clicking choices!! Aamazing!! I guess Im trying to find small meaningless pleasures in the midst of the pain of waiting! At least Im not taking out my frustration by constantly making speculations or pissing of the rest of the forum :P! Or maybe I am...
    Yeh it changes, im not sure what it says though. when i applied last year, when i got my last reply it said something along the lines that you have no recieved all your decisions you have a month (i think) to make ur decision

ReputationRep:
    Excellent point! Considering this is LSE that is likely to save me many an hours tracking, giving me more TSR time:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, that's smart! Thanks for sharing. :yep:

ReputationRep:

i didnt think of that! though now ill start feeling apprehensive as soon as ive pressed enter after typing in log in details instead of after pressing choices lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Am I right in saying that there will be about 3 more offer days left and 2 more rejection days?

ReputationRep:
    no, probably more rejection days than offer days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielJH)
    Cactus, why is Jong Il so p###ed off at you?
    He was understandably angry at the fact that I questioned his unconditionnal offer.

(Original post by Jong Il Kim)
    yeah :yep: we can always apply there for masters.
    congrats with your McGill offer anyways.
    What if you got an offer from LSE, would you still go there?
    I thought we agreed that I won't get in

I don't like to get ahead of myself, but yeah, LSE>McGill. I'll at least try to match the offer. The great thing with McGill is that they gave me an almost unconditionnal (10 being the equivalent of a "pass" ) , whereas LSE, although they won't give me an offer :tongue: , usually give french students some badass offers so I'm not even sure I'll meet the required conditions given how lazy and undisciplined I am :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cactus_c)
    He was understandably angry at the fact that I questioned his unconditionnal offer.

I thought we agreed that I won't get in

I don't like to get ahead of myself, but yeah, LSE>McGill. I'll at least try to match the offer. The great thing with McGill is that they gave me an almost unconditionnal (10 being the equivalent of a "pass" ) , whereas LSE, although they won't give me an offer :tongue: , usually give french students some badass offers so I'm not even sure I'll meet the required conditions given how lazy and undisciplined I am :mad:
    The one you already got from Nottingham is a really difficult one, LSE would surely be in that range or worst. I'm glad i'm not applying for economics lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beef_Eater)
    Am I right in saying that there will be about 3 more offer days left and 2 more rejection days?
    Last year they gave offers and rejections discretionnally from mid march onwards so there won't be any offer/rejection-only days after a due time. They may stick to a certain pattern before that, but then it will just be random, so it can't be predicted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marcx89)
    The one you already got from Nottingham is a really difficult one, LSE would surely be in that range or worst. I'm glad i'm not applying for economics lol.
    I wish Truth is, there is a gap between Oxbridge/LSE and UCL/Warwick, and then another big (huge?) gap between the formers and Nottingham/Bristol etc. (for economics at least). So yeah, i'm happy with the Nottingham offer but it doesn't say anything about LSE. It's nice to know that you're wanted somewhere though, especially if you've never studied economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FiatDriver)
    "Fantasy" is a bit of an under-exaggeration, don't you think? Judging from your posts in here, anyway...

I was merely trying to emphasise that you seem to be on a bit of a high horse there - which is fair enough, had you not been in the same position as them not too long ago. Good on you for turning down LSE (as a fellow offer-holder who is probably going to reject LSE for a not-as-good university, I certainly understand that it's not the best place to study nor is it the place for everyone). However adopting a superiority complex seems a little hypocritical, tis all.
    no need to beat a dead horse, i know.
    but it's the reason why i left Kim neg rep (the comment i left however was harsher than it was intended)

(Original post by Jong Il Kim)
    hehe you won. yes I must admit that I had a strong fixation with LSE.
    it's all about pride, Kim
    and i'm no better than you in that respect.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 24, 2009
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.