The European/World Football Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Good piece on Ajax's tactics under de Boer - relevant to the conversation above especially.
MattyJo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kevmeister)
Good piece on Ajax's tactics under de Boer - relevant to the conversation above especially.
I never used to appreciate the tactical side too the game, mindblowing!
ahq
Badges: 13
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
Klopp has already said at Dortmund that he doesn't believe in a single formation, except as a sort of overarching idea. He said he likes to create areas of the pitch which will have their own regulated systems depending on whether they have the ball or not.
I believe Bielsa does something similar, often having the defenders/midfielders/attackers train on their own to develop a way of playing. On which note he also seems to play 3 men in defence quite often; I think his general philosophy in that regard is to have one more defender than there are attackers (so a 3-man defence against 2 strikers, and so forth).
forex
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Today was the start of the Toulon Tournament, practice games for the summer olympics:

Holland 3-0 Egypt

Japan 0-2 Turkey
Louis.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Abiraleft)
The Guardian's top 10 European Goals and top 10 European Misses of the season; enjoy.
Cheers for that, some great watches. The improvisation in first bicycle kick in part 9 is incredible, took me a couple of replays to realise but he gets the jump all wrong and it still ends up flying in the top corner.
ra-ra-ra
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Confirmed that Joao Pereira has signed for Valencia for only €3.6m. Sporting are completely awful at negotiating. They could have got at least €5 for him if they tried.

Rumours flying around that Capel is moving to Atleti. Another loss for Sporting and they'll probably get him for a cheap rubbish price.
sleep99
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ra-ra-ra)
Confirmed that Joao Pereira has signed for Valencia for only €3.6m. Sporting are completely awful at negotiating. They could have got at least €5 for him if they tried.

Rumours flying around that Capel is moving to Atleti. Another loss for Sporting and they'll probably get him for a cheap rubbish price.
Is Pereira a LB or a RB? If LB, does that effectively mean Jordi Alba's leaving Valencia?
MattyJo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sleep99)
Is Pereira a LB or a RB? If LB, does that effectively mean Jordi Alba's leaving Valencia?
He's a right back as far as I know. Don't Valencia still have Mathieu who can play as LB?
ra-ra-ra
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sleep99)
He's a RB.
sleep99
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MattyJo)
He's a right back as far as I know. Don't Valencia still have Mathieu who can play as LB?
He's a RB.
Cheers for the clarification.
aa22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Did you watch the Taca? What a result for Academica.

Academica should have scored a couple more just after HT but i'm really surprised to see that they held on.

I have no idea how they have managed to pick up those two wins in the league and then the win today. Great for Pedro and Academica fans. Great end to the season for them, very unexpected.
Haha, yeh, great result for Academica... surprised Sporting weren't going in to the match with more determination...

Can't wait for the Euros.. Hugo Viana has finally been called up, unfortunately Carlos Martins is out though and Ruben Micael shouldn't even be anywhere near the squad..

OHhhh.. and Benfica have signed Ola John! I remember being extremely impressed by him when we played Twente in the Champions League qualifiers this season... he was destroying Maxi and even got some assists I think...

Looking forward to seeing how he does for us...
CB91
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Is there any news on Alba?
IWantSomeMushu
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone else watching the Copa final tonight?
jit987
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
:yep: Should be entertaining.
jakemittle
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, might have a watch!
Who is playing and what do you expect from this match?
IWantSomeMushu
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jakemittle)
Yeah, might have a watch!
Who is playing and what do you expect from this match?
Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao.

I'm fully expecting Barca to thrash Athletic.
jakemittle
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao.

I'm fully expecting Barca to thrash Athletic.
Thanks!..Defo seeing that.

Im a bit disappointed with Guardiola, really thought he would take this sabbatical to rejuvenate. But the way he is talking, it is as if he wants the club to really saddle him with as much cash as possible.

a bit like what Torres did, I WANT OUT..then a couple days later...I DONT WANT OUT ANYMORE.
KingMessi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am now.
jakemittle
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
During the match that the captain of a Russian football club says goodbye to his career in his club, he gets substituted by his 5 years old son.
The son enters the field with such respect and everyone is so easy on him that he even scores a goal for his father team!

Not bad eh? ..
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Athletic apparently playing a 4-3-3, with Martinez in midfield.

Pedro, Montoya and Pinto start for Barca.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.42%
No - I got the required grades (108)
59.02%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise