Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Protect your ****ing man San Diego! Good coverage but seriously your guy needs time! You don't even have Von Miller to contend with!!!

ReputationRep:
    Start letting rivers pass already. This isn't dalton were playing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow big pick! Shame it's so late, more of that please SD.

ReputationRep:
    Thank **** for that.

Sort yourselves out O line and whiselhunt. Need those broncos to go 3 and out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    I've had a small punt on under 5.5. total sacks in this first game. 2 mobile QBs, hoping they stay upright.
    Unlucky

ReputationRep:
    Wes Welker dropping a catchable ball. We know what that means.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Wes Welker dropping a catchable ball. We know what that means.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oops butterfingers

ReputationRep:
    Oh Keenan Allen. Next season I can't wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That drive pisses me off. Like the comm said why didn't you open it up much earlier. GL getting at least 2 scores with 6 mins left and manning to get the ball next.

Why do play calling always hold the chargers back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh **** onside kick recovery. I'm excited.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Oh **** onside kick recovery. I'm excited.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahaha, Go Chargers! I would struggle to support someone in a Pats v Broncos game, hate them both.

Oh great, it's John Major and Stalin vs the TALKING Moai Head.
    At least the NFC is sparky with Wilson and Kap repping the future rather than the nearly extinct.

ReputationRep:
    Great final two games, can't wait for next week.

ReputationRep:
    Calling it now - whoever wins the NFC wins the league. I don't know who that'll be (hoping for the Hawks obviously ) but I am looking forward to that game

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, not too disappointed about the season considering everything. Just showed how much no tv and ducking aj smith screwed and held this team back. But on my, we could've won the game if we weren't so obsessed with running the football- of course the broncos were going to come prepared for it. Rivers threw for nearly 200 yards I think in the 4th quarter alone and the O line looked decent then after the earlier shambles- enough said. The way I see it Ken Whisenhunt lost us the game or at least played a 90% part in it.

And if I have to hear OMAHA again. **** you Peyton.

Next week is going to be great for NFL fans though. This has been a great season and it's going to continue. Probably rooting for broncos because of Shaun Philips and AFC West pride.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    Calling it now - whoever wins the NFC wins the league. I don't know who that'll be (hoping for the Hawks obviously ) but I am looking forward to that game
    Really. I'm on the other side. 49ers are possibly this decades bills :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Really. I'm on the other side. 49ers are possibly this decades bills :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't get how you can be on the AFC side? Defenses win Championships. Big plays win Superbowls. As far as I'm concerned both Brady and Manning have awesome fundamentals but if you look at the Broncos sacks of Philip Rivers, Wilson or Kap, gets out of most of those situations. (I know the Hawks have taken lots of sacks this season but they had no starting tackles for a lot of it) and neither AFC team has played great defense.

Then you look at how many 20+ yard gains each defense has let up over the regular season. Seattle win on lowest passing, 49ers win on lowest rushing, they're 5th and 6th respectively on their counter-stats. If you can't get big plays on offense you won't win Superbowls. You can't rely on offensive fundamentals because its the Superbowl, you will not play remarkable football for the whole game, you will have periods of horribly ineffective offense and its about not losing points on those and coming up big when your team needs you most and well Manning has proven himself plenty of times not to be that guy in the playoffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    Unlucky
    I know, ah well was only a small one.

Best possible scenario, Broncos vs Seahawks in the superbowl. If the Patriots and the 9ers win I'll watch the pro bowl with more enthusiasm.

ReputationRep:
    I know, ah well was only a small one.

Best possible scenario, Broncos vs Seahawks in the superbowl. If the Patriots and the 9ers win I'll watch the pro bowl with more enthusiasm.
    Is it wrong that I'm excited for this new pro bowl format?

ReputationRep:
    When the Chargers recovered their first onside kick I genuinely thought they could turn it around
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Best possible scenario, Broncos vs Seahawks in the superbowl.
    That would be very special on a number of levels. Apart from having the two best teams this season, there's still no love lost between the two from their many years in the AFC West together.

I've seen the C4 highlights programme for the divisional games, but when's Eurosport showing their version? One was scheduled for early yesterday evening, but the tennis was overrunning and I gave up waiting. I was expecting there to be another showing today, but nope...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.