Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thugnificent.)

Captain Mert definitely. Arteta can't lead for ****.
    Is berating a fellow teammate like that professional?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Don't think he was berating them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not if you do it in the press, but on the pitch if it's justified it's totally fine IMO. Mert doesn't seem like a nasty guy at all (unlike someone who would e.g. blame others for nothing just to deflect attention, bear grudges, cliquefy the team etc.).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    Not if you do it in the press, but on the pitch if it's justified it's totally fine IMO. Mert doesn't seem like a nasty guy at all (unlike someone who would e.g. blame others for nothing just to deflect attention, bear grudges, cliquefy the team etc.).
    It was far from berating them anyway
    Ozil was having a strop think it was the city defeat and Merte told him to get his **** together or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    True but I remember when Phil Brown did something similar-ish when he was at Hull with his half time teamtalk but that was quite strongly condemned. Everyone is different I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    It was far from berating them anyway
    Ozil was having a strop think it was the city defeat and Merte told him to get his **** together or something.
    Well in my dictionary that is berating someone. Doesn't matter though.

ReputationRep:
    True but I remember when Phil Brown did something similar-ish when he was at Hull with his half time teamtalk but that was quite strongly condemned. Everyone is different I guess.
    I don't know about that particular incident. If he was berating someone (non-constructively) in front of the group, then I would agree that is a sign of bad leadership. Obviously I don't know Per, but I don't think he'd do that. He can snap in the moment on the pitch (usually for the right reasons) but I don't think he'd pick on a team-mate in front of the others like a schoolboy. He'd do that differently. E.g. he did organise sessions way back when he got all the defense together to analyse how they could improve by carefully going through video analysis as a group. I'm sure that highlighted individual failures but I'm equally sure he addressed them constructively, because they improved massively afterwards. I think that's a sign of a really good leader. Would really like him as permanent captain tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Got to love Mertesacker, seems like such a genuinely nice guy who connects with the fans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    I don't know about that particular incident. If he was berating someone (non-constructively) in front of the group, then I would agree that is a sign of bad leadership. Obviously I don't know Per, but I don't think he'd do that. He can snap in the moment on the pitch (usually for the right reasons) but I don't think he'd pick on a team-mate in front of the others like a schoolboy. He'd do that differently. E.g. he did organise sessions way back when he got all the defense together to analyse how they could improve by carefully going through video analysis as a group. I'm sure that highlighted individual failures but I'm equally sure he addressed them constructively, because they improved massively afterwards. I think that's a sign of a really good leader. Would really like him as permanent captain tbh.
    It's on Youtube but the ones I have seen are so poor quality it's pretty awkward trying to see what is actually going on. I'm sure he means well. Did Sanogo face any pubishment for giving Per a black eye? I mean all clubs play down bust ups as if they are nothing and a frequent occurance of the 'workplace'. I mean it's a good way to rip up a player's contract if he's a bad player and has assaulted a fellow member of staff.

ReputationRep:
    It's on Youtube but the ones I have seen are so poor quality it's pretty awkward trying to see what is actually going on. I'm sure he means well. Did Sanogo face any pubishment for giving Per a black eye? I mean all clubs play down bust ups as if they are nothing and a frequent occurance of the 'workplace'. I mean it's a good way to rip up a player's contract if he's a bad player and has assaulted a fellow member of staff.
    Nothing really came of it, but everyone seems friendly enough. I dont think it was a case of Sanogo sparking Per or anything like that, just an accident.

ReputationRep:
    So which of these Germans do we want....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got me there, no idea what happened with Sanogo. :lol: Could also just have been Sanogo though or an accident like Zürich said.

ReputationRep:
    if it was malicous, wenger wouldnt stand for it. arsene sent bendtner to train with reserves when he found out he did a mad one in denmark.

ReputationRep:
    Ozil's been game!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webster2002)
    So which of these Germans do we want....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are there any lanky black ones that play in ligue 2

ReputationRep:
    apparently on the opening day of the season you'll be facing LFC. Tasty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    apparently on the opening day of the season you'll be facing LFC. Tasty
    Source

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    just a pic i found

ReputationRep:
    Great get a 5-0 hiding out the way on the first game and push on for top 4 from there

ReputationRep:
    Good game to show how our season will pan out also another reason not to wait till deadline day

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.