Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meaty_man)
    Feel i can relate a lot to that, worked in catering/retail before and it was hell...way too fast paced and stressful, and your managers will tell you to focus on quality but there isn't a chance in hell to do that when you're given the work of 3 people.

Currently looking for that kinda work myself Whenever i've been to the places where they are helping people with autism, aspergers, and so on, it always seems like a really friendly atmosphere. Sure there is stress, and you do have to rush around sometimes i'm sure, but i bet it's a lot more fulfilling!

Some places are happy to train you, just need to get lucky with interviews and such :P
    Yeah I struggle with the fast paced environment as well, feel under a lot of pressure from the managers who aren't always polite & encouraging I think I'll be more suited to support work tbh, it's something I find much more interesting & something I do indeed feel will be more fulfilling I think people are more likely to nice there as you have to deal with people with disabilities & you want to be supportive & help them reach their full potential

Yeah hopefully they give me a chance & I can get some training
    (Original post by nohomo)
    I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties

Yep I'm trying to quit smoking like every other smoker...

I'm okay at guitar
    Went through a big nick drake phase at 18-19 and since then it's mainly been Elliott Smith.

My book is You Can't Do Both by Kingsley Amis
    Probably a bit high brow for me but nothing wrong with trying to better yourself right?
    Thank you Well at least you're trying to quit, that's a good start, cool, acoustic right? Never heard of any of them sorry, but I'll give them a search
    Never heard of that either again I'll give it a search

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)
    I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties

Yep I'm trying to quit smoking like every other smoker...

I'm okay at guitar
    Went through a big nick drake phase at 18-19 and since then it's mainly been Elliott Smith.

My book is You Can't Do Both by Kingsley Amis
    Probably a bit high brow for me but nothing wrong with trying to better yourself right?
    Other people may have mentioned this already, but have u ever thought of trying e-cigs?

It's a healthier alternative, even if it isn't a perfect solution.

It gives you more control over how much nicotine you are taking in, so you can decrease it gradually. Just a thought

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    urgh, I really have just about had my fill of this reality.

I hate the world, I hate myself, I hate pretty much everything, rather just hide away in bed & hope for some kind of apocalypse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meaty_man)
    Other people may have mentioned this already, but have u ever thought of trying e-cigs?

It's a healthier alternative, even if it isn't a perfect solution.

It gives you more control over how much nicotine you are taking in, so you can decrease it gradually. Just a thought

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Had one a while ago but binned it in a surge of optimism when I thought I'd quit

Had a wasted day.

I wanted to

Spoiler:
    Show
    get drunk

But I have immediate access to only £1

ReputationRep:
    Flatmate is watching american horror story season 1 and it's the episode that upsets me and makes me feel really weird and I knew it was coming but I still watched it with her why did I do that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    I should be able to cope, millions of people before me have, so why can't I? It's all just so new and overwhelming that I can't deal with it very well
    I think that 90% of first years are struggling right now, just not everybody admits it. In a few months I'm sure we'll both be fine. :hugs:

Part of me is like LEARN ALL THE THINGS but then another part is like calm down Anon #2, you're ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    I think that 90% of first years are struggling right now, just not everybody admits it. In a few months I'm sure we'll both be fine. :hugs:

Part of me is like LEARN ALL THE THINGS but then another part is like calm down Anon #2, you're ****.
    I agree with the top two lines and can relate to the bottom

Keep at it anon #2 :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    for those that are fussed, been to see my gp. reducing meds cos they've sent me doolally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    I agree with the top two lines and can relate to the bottom

Keep at it anon #2 :hugs:

Thanks Hope you're doing ok!

ReputationRep:
    things are ridiculously bleak right now :cry2:

ReputationRep:

Thanks Hope you're doing ok!
    Could be better haha, not gonna lie How about you anon #2? <--- That rhyme :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Could be better haha, not gonna lie How about you anon #2? <--- That rhyme :teehee:
    Aw no! Well I hope you do begin to feel better :hugs:

Ha, poet and you didn't know it!
    Struggling with uni quite a bit and motivation but apart from that I'm quite alright (not as good a rhyme as yours! )

ReputationRep:
    Aw no! Well I hope you do begin to feel better :hugs:

Ha, poet and you didn't know it!
    Struggling with uni quite a bit and motivation but apart from that I'm quite alright (not as good a rhyme as yours! )
    Aww thanks sweet! You too :hugs:

That's twice someone has said that to me this week hahaaa!
    Aww no! It'll likely take some more getting used to for the both of us! I believe in you anon #2 I loved your rhyme!

How about: The world can be tough and I'll be sad for a while,
    then I see a post from you and I can't help but smile! :jive:

ReputationRep:
    Aww thanks sweet! You too :hugs:

That's twice someone has said that to me this week hahaaa!
    Aww no! It'll likely take some more getting used to for the both of us! I believe in you anon #2 I loved your rhyme!

How about: The world can be tough and I'll be sad for a while,
    then I see a post from you and I can't help but smile! :jive:
    So you're a poet and you know it!!

Impressive rhyme!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    I'm made of rainbows and glitter and I'm flyingggggg.
    I feel amazing and i wish i could share all of this happiness with you all.
    Apparently I'm hypomanic, so i probably should like a really irritatingly positive knobhead right now.
    Haha, this is an amazing post. Wish I had a bit more of that... just a bit tried at the moment

ReputationRep:
    So you're a poet and you know it!!

Impressive rhyme!
    Potential career change!

Thank you! Do you want to try? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Having looked at the symptoms I think I might have disorganised schizophrenia but I don't have much speech trouble, though I do jump from topic to topic and mum says I can be hard to follow

ReputationRep:
    Ugh. Didn't know we had to apply for council tax exemption.
    Lost quite a lot of money know.

ReputationRep:
    Snow I'm glad they're sorting your med x
    xx

I'm at a gig trying not to punch this guy that keeps looking at me and trying not to sh.

ReputationRep:
    :bawling: honestly don't know what to do with myself

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2014
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.