Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Riyad as-Salihin
    The book of miscellany

وعن أبى أمامه الباهلى رضي الله عنه قال‏:‏ قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم‏:‏ “أنا زعيم ببيت في ربض الجنة لمن ترك المراء، وإن كان محقاً، وببيت في وسط الجنة لمن ترك الكذب، وإن كان مازحاً، وببيت في أعلى الجنة لمن حسن خلقه” ‏(‏‏(‏حديث صحيح رواه أبو داود بإسناد صحيح‏)‏‏)‏‏.‏

Abu Umamah Al-Bahili (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
    Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners."

[Abu Dawud] - Sahih

ReputationRep:
    Thank you and inshallah this will happen

ReputationRep:
    Are You A Muslim Who Doesn't Pray:

http://saudibeautyblog.com/are-you-a...-pray-read-on/

Good read.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautifulxxx)
    I like this. It highlights the fact that in Islam, good deeds, absitence from evil ones, knowledge etc...is in infinite. There is so such thing as "I'm a perfect Muslim" or "I've acquired all the Islamic knowledge I need to know now". Nope, it is a continuous, ongoing proces till Allah takes your soul. Each time there is a new way to become better, and something new to learn.
    Also, contrary to belief of many, it's not about how you begin your journey, rather how you end it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Imam Bukhari entitles one of his chapters in his Saheeh:

"Knowledge precedes speech and action."

The proof of which is the statement of Allah:

فَاعْلَمْ أَنَّهُ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَاسْتَغْفِرْ لِذَنْبِك

So know that there is no deity except Allah and ask forgiveness for your sin.

In this ayat knowledge - of Allah - proceeds action.

Memorize this ayah as its the basis of any act that you do - that you need to have knowledge before you act.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    Imam Bukhari entitles one of his chapters in his Saheeh:

"Knowledge precedes speech and action."

The proof of which is the statement of Allah:

فَاعْلَمْ أَنَّهُ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَاسْتَغْفِرْ لِذَنْبِك

So know that there is no deity except Allah and ask forgiveness for your sin.

In this ayat knowledge - of Allah - proceeds action.

Memorize this ayah as its the basis of any act that you do - that you need to have knowledge before you act.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    SubhanAllah. So first, we know that there is no God but Allah, knowledge on that, and with this information seek His forgiveness. SubhanAllah.
    JazakAllahu khayran:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    AsalamAlaikum

I'm taking a Long break from TSR

And please remember me in your duas.. JZK..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incredible97)
    AsalamAlaikum

Wa 'alaikum assalaam

Why are you going away sister yalda

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    AsalamAlaikum

Wa Alaikumussalaam

May Allah make it easy for you and accept our prayers. Ameen.

ReputationRep:
    People arguing that headscarf is optional again

Loooooool

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prop-2-en-1-ol)
    People arguing that headscarf is optional again

Loooooool

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So why did you quote me saying it was?

ReputationRep:
    Asaalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Make sure you’ve had a shower and applied kohl to your eyes and done your Jummah prayer. Well it’s a little too late now.

Good manners is a very good topic which one could learn and benefit from a lot

Muslims ought to know about good manners and why it is important. These may include: being kind to one another including non-Muslims; no use of foul language; yawning; greetings; not to be stuck up and never to look down on others! The list can go on …

Through our experiences in life, we all have faults and as we are growing we realise how childish/stupid we were in the past. Good manners aren't something we’re all blessed with. Some individuals are different and learn later once they understand themselves much better. Good manners can change the way they approach life.

We all could say that we’re good Muslims but unfortunately we aren't. There is so much still to learn, change and expand our knowledge. This all leads to becoming a better person. I've seen myself in situations where if a person is holding a door for someone they do it because they have good manners. That individual walks past and does not say thank you. This doesn't matter, it really doesn't. The person who was holding the door then starts to moan and say “xyz”. Who cares what you did – you did it out of pure intention. Never wait for a thank you. Whatever you’re doing is to please Allah. [You should say thank you though]

Sometimes, one has to be wise at times and never try to belittle one in public. Even though, you know the truth, don’t embarrass them. Instead, take them away and speak to them. Once, I remember when this girl who wouldn't look after herself properly would come into school all dressed up etc. It was ongoing and people would actually talk about her etc. She was good at putting make up on but had poor hygiene. One day, I thought to myself I should just tell her. I took her away and told her what I had to. “Decreasing the amount of make-up, having a shower in the morning etc” We as Muslims have to do this in a particular manner. If we really do care about the Ummah then we should not be embarrassed of what we’re doing.

Another point I’d like to include - Our parents have taught us good manners from a young age. Some of us here may not have the perfect relationship with our parents but we should respect them always. I don’t understand how some people don’t respect their parents. Okay, we all go on about and moan “this and that” but at the end of the day they’re doing what’s best for us.
    Also, learn to be patient at times; your dad/mum has a go at you. Just stay quiet, no need to open that big mouth.

Sometimes we all do good things in the outside world – don’t wait to be praised. That just makes one selfish. Just be yourself that’s it.

ReputationRep:
    AsalamAlaikum

Waalaykumassalam

Will do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RaaFii)
    Assalamu'alaykum..
    Im from Indonesia.
    May I join here?
    :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Waalaykumassalam

Yeah of course. Anyone can join.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mary562)
    Asaalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi WabarakatuhMake sure you’ve had a shower and applied kohl to your eyes and done your Jummah prayer. Well it’s a little too late now. Good manners is a very good topic which one could learn and benefit from a lotMuslims ought to know about good manners and why it is important. These may include: being kind to one another including non-Muslims; no use of foul language; yawning; greetings; not to be stuck up and never to look down on others! The list can go on …Through our experiences in life, we all have faults and as we are growing we realise how childish/stupid we were in the past. Good manners aren't something we’re all blessed with. Some individuals are different and learn later once they understand themselves much better. Good manners can change the way they approach life.We all could say that we’re good Muslims but unfortunately we aren't. There is so much still to learn, change and expand our knowledge. This all leads to becoming a better person. I've seen myself in situations where if a person is holding a door for someone they do it because they have good manners. That individual walks past and does not say thank you. This doesn't matter, it really doesn't. The person who was holding the door then starts to moan and say “xyz”. Who cares what you did – you did it out of pure intention. Never wait for a thank you. Whatever you’re doing is to please Allah. [You should say thank you though]Sometimes, one has to be wise at times and never try to belittle one in public. Even though, you know the truth, don’t embarrass them. Instead, take them away and speak to them. Once, I remember when this girl who wouldn't look after herself properly would come into school all dressed up etc. It was ongoing and people would actually talk about her etc. She was good at putting make up on but had poor hygiene. One day, I thought to myself I should just tell her. I took her away and told her what I had to. “Decreasing the amount of make-up, having a shower in the morning etc” We as Muslims have to do this in a particular manner. If we really do care about the Ummah then we should not be embarrassed of what we’re doing.Another point I’d like to include - Our parents have taught us good manners from a young age. Some of us here may not have the perfect relationship with our parents but we should respect them always. I don’t understand how some people don’t respect their parents. Okay, we all go on about and moan “this and that” but at the end of the day they’re doing what’s best for us. Also, learn to be patient at times; your dad/mum has a go at you. Just stay quiet, no need to open that big mouth.Sometimes we all do good things in the outside world – don’t wait to be praised. That just makes one selfish. Just be yourself that’s it.
    Really really well written. PRSOM.

Jazakillahu khayran. Such a lovely message. May Allah grant us all the ability to act upon it all. Ameen.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mary562)
    Asaalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Make sure you’ve had a shower and applied kohl to your eyes and done your Jummah prayer. Well it’s a little too late now.

Good manners is a very good topic which one could learn and benefit from a lot

Muslims ought to know about good manners and why it is important. These may include: being kind to one another including non-Muslims; no use of foul language; yawning; greetings; not to be stuck up and never to look down on others! The list can go on …

Through our experiences in life, we all have faults and as we are growing we realise how childish/stupid we were in the past. Good manners aren't something we’re all blessed with. Some individuals are different and learn later once they understand themselves much better. Good manners can change the way they approach life.

We all could say that we’re good Muslims but unfortunately we aren't. There is so much still to learn, change and expand our knowledge. This all leads to becoming a better person. I've seen myself in situations where if a person is holding a door for someone they do it because they have good manners. That individual walks past and does not say thank you. This doesn't matter, it really doesn't. The person who was holding the door then starts to moan and say “xyz”. Who cares what you did – you did it out of pure intention. Never wait for a thank you. Whatever you’re doing is to please Allah. [You should say thank you though]

Sometimes, one has to be wise at times and never try to belittle one in public. Even though, you know the truth, don’t embarrass them. Instead, take them away and speak to them. Once, I remember when this girl who wouldn't look after herself properly would come into school all dressed up etc. It was ongoing and people would actually talk about her etc. She was good at putting make up on but had poor hygiene. One day, I thought to myself I should just tell her. I took her away and told her what I had to. “Decreasing the amount of make-up, having a shower in the morning etc” We as Muslims have to do this in a particular manner. If we really do care about the Ummah then we should not be embarrassed of what we’re doing.

Another point I’d like to include - Our parents have taught us good manners from a young age. Some of us here may not have the perfect relationship with our parents but we should respect them always. I don’t understand how some people don’t respect their parents. Okay, we all go on about and moan “this and that” but at the end of the day they’re doing what’s best for us.
    Also, learn to be patient at times; your dad/mum has a go at you. Just stay quiet, no need to open that big mouth.

Sometimes we all do good things in the outside world – don’t wait to be praised. That just makes one selfish. Just be yourself that’s it.
    So beautiful. Love the parental part, I'm such a victim of this. I'll remember your message. Jazaah khayran:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Exluding ayahs and hadiths, tell me, what is your favourite Islamic quote?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_K1NG)
    That's quite scary. Great reminder :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    That's quite scary. Great reminder :yy:
    Thanks

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.