Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairy spangles)
    By clerk patient what do you actually mean?
    Theres no way in second year you would be allowed to be the first to see a patient.
    Personally i would be a nightmare for a second year to see.
    Well we were supposed to just take full history. No examination. I don't mean an actually full clerking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairy spangles)
    By clerk patient what do you actually mean?
    Theres no way in second year you would be allowed to be the first to see a patient.
    Personally i would be a nightmare for a second year to see.
    I presume they mean re-clerking (i.e. taking a history +/- examination) a patient who is already admitted on a ward, rather than actually being the first person on a take to see the patient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    This thread, in addition to revision for this stupid exam, is making me really miss medicine. A lot. *geek snort*
    You on your iBSc?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone make me work?

I don't have any fear and I don't think going over diabetes again is going to help much...which is all I seem to be doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Well we were supposed to just take full history. No examination. I don't mean an actually full clerking!
    That's not clerking! That's taking a history!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    That's not clerking! That's taking a history!
    Sorry, poor choice of word.

ReputationRep:
    Feeling a little gutted having to head back on the 3rd, 2 weeks is just not enough. Although it must be said having no revision/work to do for once has been awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Feeling a little gutted having to head back on the 3rd, 2 weeks is just not enough. Although it must be said having no revision/work to do for once has been awesome.
    I feel much the same.

Worse to come in 5th year :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    I feel much the same.

Worse to come in 5th year :afraid:
    Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy clinical medicine, but it is rather tiring and it's nice to be home with the family and gf.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy clinical medicine, but it is rather tiring and it's nice to be home with the family and gf.
    I have got to the point where I realise that soon the concept of long summer holidays will die. This saddens me greatly.

I miss the random days off of first year

ReputationRep:
    I have got to the point where I realise that soon the concept of long summer holidays will die. This saddens me greatly.

I miss the random days off of first year
    Long summers are bye bye for me already unless I have a drastic change of heart and decide to intercalate.

ReputationRep:
    Long summers are bye bye for me already unless I have a drastic change of heart and decide to intercalate.
    I have one glorious 4 month summer left.

I like having free time it will sorely be missed (and is being missed this year )

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to heading back just not starting placement again. I also spent a week on a medics ski trip so only had 1 week at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phryx)
    I'm looking forward to heading back just not starting placement again. I also spent a week on a medics ski trip so only had 1 week at home.
    For me it's the opposite, placement good, heading back bad.

ReputationRep:
    I have one glorious 4 month summer left.

I like having free time it will sorely be missed (and is being missed this year )
    I make sure I have my weekends free so I get some time off each week, gotta bust my balls somewhat to achieve that though.

ReputationRep:
    Is it bad I am picking Bsc based on perceived easiness as there are none that I particularly want to do?

ReputationRep:
    I make sure I have my weekends free so I get some time off each week, gotta bust my balls somewhat to achieve that though.
    I lose one day to dance and the other tends to be spent frantically tidying ironing and getting in supplies for the next week. Then every other weekend is a comp so that puts me even more out of kilter

So, yeah.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Is it bad I am picking Bsc based on perceived easiness as there are none that I particularly want to do?
    Considering they forced you to do one, perfectly fine.

ReputationRep:
    Good a reason as any as its compulsory. So glad I'm at a place where it's optional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carcinoma)
    Considering they forced you to do one, perfectly fine.
    Good a reason as any as its compulsory. So glad I'm at a place where it's optional.
    :awesome:

I will also be filling it with as much humanities as possible!
    I might take a russian module.

Although the sensible thing is to use it to churn out a paper...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.