Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Lansaaaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think there's something about the way Oswin keeps saying "remember me" or something along those lines. I can see some really unconvincing "psychic rematerialisation" happening or something.
pepper_pie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
*Sigh* Dr Who, how I have missed you..
I really liked the episode, even if I was a little bit 'Noooo Amy and Rory, no fighting!!!' and there was some pretty obvious foreshadowing about Oswin being all Daleky..

Anyone else in love with the derpy daleks though? Egggggs Eggg Eggggsssss
Poor daleks just wanted to help bake Oswins imaginary, burnt souffles!
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lansaaaa)
I think there's something about the way Oswin keeps saying "remember me" or something along those lines. I can see some really unconvincing "psychic rematerialisation" happening or something.
Yeah I thought that too, a bit like something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue...
lizolove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mr Tough)
Wooo Doctor Who back at last

I am excited to see the introduction of a new character but also sad to see Amy and Rory leave

Every companion (except Donna, who I just found annoying) has been really great and lived up to the previous one...the major difference now might be just one companion rather than both Amy and Rory, which I felt made the show a lot better

Despite loving both characters, I wouldn't even be against them being killed off...emotionally stirring for the viewers and would be interesting to see how the Doctor's character reacts in response to a companion dying rather than just leaving

Anyway, still some time for that to happen...(i think it might be only 5 episodes? hope you're right and there are six!)

So for now...Bring on the daleks!
What?! Oh my. I read that there were 5 too! I just heard that Karen isn't in it after 6, so I thought she leaves in the sixth. Maybe there are 5, you're probably right. Why are there only 5?! Flaming madness. I wait a year for it, and we only get 5 episodes.

HOW AMAZING WAS THE EPISODE? My favourite by far. Not predictable, clever, loved the characters.
I think the souffle girl was the new companion, wasn't she? I think I like her. Damn it. I wanted to dislike her, only because she's taking over Amy and Rory. Unless Rory stays... Or have you heard otherwise? )':

SO CLEVER.

Spoiler in case nobody has seen Episode 1 yet:
Spoiler:
Show
I was shocked that she stayed human despite being turned into a Dalek! If it is the new companion, which I think it is, it'll be interesting to see how her existence comes about. Maybe the doctor will find a way to bring her back. More than likely though, he'll just 'run into her' at some point. I wonder if she'll remember him...

Is she the new companion do you know?

greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lizolove)
What?! Oh my. I read that there were 5 too! I just heard that Karen isn't in it after 6, so I thought she leaves in the sixth. Maybe there are 5, you're probably right. Why are there only 5?! Flaming madness. I wait a year for it, and we only get 5 episodes.

HOW AMAZING WAS THE EPISODE? My favourite by far. Not predictable, clever, loved the characters.
I think the souffle girl was the new companion, wasn't she? I think I like her. Damn it. I wanted to dislike her, only because she's taking over Amy and Rory. Unless Rory stays... Or have you heard otherwise? )':

SO CLEVER.

Spoiler:
Show
I was shocked that she stayed human despite being turned into a Dalek! If it is the new companion, which I think it is, it'll be interesting to see how her existence comes about. Maybe the doctor will find a way to bring her back. More than likely though, he'll just 'run into her' at some point. I wonder if she'll remember him...

Yes she is. That was announced ages ago hence people's shock when she turned up.

No need to spoiler stuff about the episode as long as it's already aired, people avoid the thread if they're watching it late.
lizolove
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Yes she is. That was announced ages ago hence people's shock when she turned up.

No need to spoiler stuff about the episode as long as it's already aired, people avoid the thread if they're watching it late.
I thought it was her, but I thought it may have just looked like her a bit.
Just did it just in case, since it was a day ago.
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

SO CLEVER.

Spoiler:
Show

It's a shift towards the American style mid-series break, so we get half a series now, and half a series in the new year.

Soufflé girl was the same actor who plays the companion, whether the same character is the new companion I don't know but Rory is leaving as well.
Friar Chris
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Whatever problems there might be with the story, glad to see a few things:

- Ninja-kicking the Dalek zombies
- Blowing up a room full of Daleks on purpose
- Generally ACTUALLY saving the day instead of just running around flailing helplessly until they get a stroke of luck.
lizolove
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Alofleicester)
It's a shift towards the American style mid-series break, so we get half a series now, and half a series in the new year.

Soufflé girl was the same actor who plays the companion, whether the same character is the new companion I don't know but Rory is leaving as well.
Nooooo. Roryyyyyyyyyyyyyy! )':
I will miss him. I suppose it makes sense for him to leave though.
Although I think he could have stayed too.
Guess it was Arthur's choice.
Awww. Sob. I can't stand the wait. I thought it meant that there were 5 episodes this series. Is that true, or are they just counting the two splits in episodes as different series?

I think it'd be silly to introduce her in episode 1 and keep her as the companion, so there must be a link. Maybe she will just kind of appear and the doctor will recognise her. I wonder how her voice was 'human' across the tannoy system though, whilst she was Dalek.
boba
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Awww. Sob. I can't stand the wait. I thought it meant that there were 5 episodes this series. Is that true, or are they just counting the two splits in episodes as different series?

I think it'd be silly to introduce her in episode 1 and keep her as the companion, so there must be a link. Maybe she will just kind of appear and the doctor will recognise her. I wonder how her voice was 'human' across the tannoy system though, whilst she was Dalek.
he might not recognise her since he never actually saw her except as a dalek.
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

They'll be counting the splits as two different series. I think it's 14 episodes including the Christmas special for this production series - so 5 now, 1 at Christmas and 8 in the new year.
lizolove
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by boba)
he might not recognise her since he never actually saw her except as a dalek.
Very true. BUT, surely he heard her real voice, otherwise he would have known she was a Dalek.
And she must recognise him...
UNLESS, the tannoy voice thing was a different voice since she hacked the Dalek software. Seems unlikely though, as he was adamant she was human.
Maybe they will make them not know eachother and then suddenly realise next year in the next load of episodes! :rolleyes:
lizolove
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They'll be counting the splits as two different series. I think it's 14 episodes including the Christmas special for this production series - so 5 now, 1 at Christmas and 8 in the new year.
Brilliant, thank you!
And Amy is leaving in episode 5 with Rory? I wonder how they'll do it... a sad ending, with a bang or a happy ending? What do you think?
boba
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Very true. BUT, surely he heard her real voice, otherwise he would have known she was a Dalek.
And she must recognise him...
UNLESS, the tannoy voice thing was a different voice since she hacked the Dalek software. Seems unlikely though, as he was adamant she was human.
Maybe they will make them not know eachother and then suddenly realise next year in the next load of episodes! :rolleyes:
I imagine it was probably her voice, but he still might not recognise her. I mean how likely are you to recognise someone you met once and never saw just from their voice unless there was something really distinctive about it.
Aula
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Brilliant, thank you!
And Amy is leaving in episode 5 with Rory? I wonder how they'll do it... a sad ending, with a bang or a happy ending? What do you think?
apparently they're leaving
Spoiler:
Show
in heartbreaking circumstances

(spoiler just answers the above quote, nothing more than that)
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Brilliant, thank you!
Amy and Rory leave in episode 5 yes.

Spoiler:
Show

All I'll say is Moffatt has pretty much ruled out a happy ending: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16207688

Spoiler covers the style of ending, that's it.
Aula
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
snip
You should probably stick that in a spoiler. Not everyone will want to know in advance.
lizolove
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by boba)
I imagine it was probably her voice, but he still might not recognise her. I mean how likely are you to recognise someone you met once and never saw just from their voice unless there was something really distinctive about it.
But the Doctor probably will! He remembers things like this. Unless maybe they don't recognise eachother and there is a souflee reference in a future episode that reveals it all.

Thought that was pretty clever with the 'Eggs-terminate' thing. (':
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Aula)
You should probably stick that in a spoiler. Not everyone will want to know in advance.
I did just think that - done and done.
lizolove
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Amy and Rory leave in episode 5 yes.

Spoiler:
Show

All I'll say is Moffatt has pretty much ruled out a happy ending: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16207688

Spoiler covers the style of ending, that's it.
How sad.
Although I suppose it will be unexpected and not like the usual 'and they all lived happily ever after'. I hope Karen does a special return at some point in the future though, I will miss her... and Arthur of course!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.2%
No - but I will (41)
6.81%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.48%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (280)
46.51%

Watched Threads