Teh Super Awesome Juicy CURRENT YEAR 11 (2012-13) THREAD; MARK I Watch

This discussion is closed.
MangoFreak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by tara8000)
I think it did, and it WAS pretty cringey, but I enjoyed it :3.
Saying that, the plot loopholes were atrocious, and some 'funny' parts, really failed... I guess I'm just a bit biased 'cos it had Aoyade, Vaughn and Stiller in it :L
Yeah the cast were actually commended, according to Wikipedia Everyone just hates the story and the plot holes

Reminds me of this :lol:

MangoFreak
Rep:
?
(Original post by foreverstrong_97)
Ahh yeah What you saying now I dont deserve their support! :eek:
I can't think of a way to be subtle, so yes that's exactly what I'm saying :lol: He's 9. He's not going to be rational.
JamalAhmed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MangoFreak)
That's hilarious. I've not seen that episode, which one is it?
Don't know. So when I said "Stephen Hawking may be my only intellectual equivalent" I was quoting Sheldon Cooper.
Kittaaaaay
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I can't think of a way to be subtle, so yes that's exactly what I'm saying :lol: He's 9. He's not going to be rational.
I bet you thought you were rational when you were nine
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
HE'S A WITCH :ahhhhh:
:teehee:

(Original post by tara8000)
Ah, just a group of peeps form a neighbourhood watch after a murder/death occurs, and then they find aliens and shizz :L... I'd say more... but I don't know how to get the little 'spoilers' hiding bit :P
Sounds terrible

(Original post by JamalAhmed)
I was being sarcastic. It was a quote from Big Bang theory. You know, when Sheldon Cooper meets Stephen Hawking. Sheldon said "Stephen Hawking may be my only intellectual equivalent" in the episode although you can't see it in this video

I know you were :facepalm:
tara8000
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah the cast were actually commended, according to Wikipedia Everyone just hates the story and the plot holes

Reminds me of this :lol:

Aha ;D
JamalAhmed
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I was also thinking what foreverstrong said but if I said that, there may have been another debate so I just left it.
MangoFreak
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kittaaaaay)
I bet you thought you were rational when you were nine
Of course I did :lolwut: What does that have to do with anything? Are you aware of the differences between the objective and subjective? :holmes: Her brother may think himself rational, that doesn't make it so.
JamalAhmed
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by shadab786ahmed)
:teehee:

Sounds terrible

I know you were :facepalm:
My brain literally reached its mental capacity. I can talk with you intellectuals no more. Coming back after a rest in an hours time.
foreverstrong_97
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ahhh I still deserve the respect and I am mature! I dont care if he's rational he is not in the favour!
Kittaaaaay
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Of course I did :lolwut: What does that have to do with anything? Are you aware of the differences between the objective and subjective? :holmes: Your brother may think himself rational, that doesn't make it so.
What defines something to be rational anyway?
JamalAhmed
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by foreverstrong_97)
Ahhh I still deserve the respect and I am mature! I dont care if he's rational he is not in the favour!
You also deserve his respect because you care for him (I think) and you are older than him. And if you can't get his respect, then make him fear you.
MangoFreak
Rep:
?
You also deserve his respect because you care for him (I think) and you are older than him. And if you can't get his respect, then make him fear you.
Why does age warrant respect? I'm not going to give a 60 year old, of whom I know nothing, anymore respect than I would a 20 year old, of whom I know nothing.
MangoFreak
Rep:
?
I was also thinking what foreverstrong said but if I said that, there may have been another debate so I just left it.
We're on a discussion forum :holmes: Discussion is what is supposed to happen here...
MangoFreak
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kittaaaaay)
What defines something to be rational anyway?
Rational is the wrong word, methinks. Reasonable is the term I should have used :yes: Her brother is 9 and therefore would still be of the opinion that he should do whatever it takes to get what he wants, rather than that he should compromise to facilitate a desireable living environment
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
We're on a discussion forum :holmes: Discussion is what is supposed to happen here...
There's something peculiar about that folk...
MangoFreak
Rep:
?
(Original post by shadab786ahmed)
There's something peculiar about that folk...
What folk? :holmes:
JamalAhmed
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Why does age warrant respect? I'm not going to give a 60 year old, of whom I know nothing, anymore respect than I would a 20 year old, of whom I know nothing.
Touche. But what about caring. She cares for her younger brother (no matter what she says.) So does she not earn respect in that way?
MangoFreak
Rep:
?
Touche. But what about caring. She cares for her younger brother (no matter what she says.) So does she not earn respect in that way?
Respect is a highly subective thing. If her brother doesn't think she's earned his respect, that's his opinion. Obviously he's 9 so his respect is irrelevant, but that's just the way it is. It's the 21st century, we don't expect respect, we earn it :awesome: Even if she cares for him, if she conversely is mean to him when he gets a bit annoying, she might lose his respect.

Honestly I don't think 9 year olds can have a concept of respect. The closest things they would have to respect could possibly be idolisation and recognition of someone being nice to them. Respect requires a deeper understanding of things than can be held by the average 9 year old.

I love philosophy :awesome:
JamalAhmed
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Respect is a highly subective thing. If her brother doesn't think she's earned his respect, that's his opinion. Obviously he's 9 so his respect is irrelevant, but that's just the way it is. It's the 21st century, we don't expect respect, we earn it :awesome: Even if she cares for him, if she conversely is mean to him when he gets a bit annoying, she might lose his respect.

Honestly I don't think 9 year olds can have a concept of respect. The closest things they would have to respect could possibly be idolisation and recognition of someone being nice to them. Respect requires a deeper understanding of things than can be held by the average 9 year old.

I love philosophy :awesome:
What you said is subjective. I believe 8/9 years old can respect their elders
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.11%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.4%