Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyh77)
    I AM
    you still won't have anyone to discuss it with though because I'm more of a lurker than a contributor to this site but hey ho :rolleyes:
    I am unbelievably excited, I sooo want to do it
    I keep telling people about it so I might get a friend who'll do it as well hahah
    It's actually perfect for me - I love science, I want to do research in the future, I want to learn more about the world around me and plus I don't do that much in the summer anyways :P
    I'll be gutted if I don't get one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm applying for it too! What region are you doing it in?
    It will probably be the highlight of my summer if I get a spot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    Do you have to have to attend a state school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I don't think it says anything about having to attend a state school on the website, but I'd suggest you contact your local co-coordinator for more information.

ReputationRep:
    There are only a few places for non state school people .'If you are from an independent school and are accepted onto the scheme, you will need to source your own project. Please note that this should be within the region where you live, as otherwise we are not able to cover travel costs.' So yeah that sucks

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it says anything about having to attend a state school on the website, but I'd suggest you contact your local co-coordinator for more information.
    (Original post by sarahiscool)
    There are only a few places for non state school people .'If you are from an independent school and are accepted onto the scheme, you will need to source your own project. Please note that this should be within the region where you live, as otherwise we are not able to cover travel costs.' So yeah that sucks
    Source my own places?

ReputationRep:
    Source my own places?
    Don't even know what that really means. Not even going to bother, they only offer a few places and the standard will be really high from independent school people

ReputationRep:
    Don't even know what that really means. Not even going to bother, they only offer a few places and the standard will be really high from independent school people
    Ah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyh77)
    I AM
    you still won't have anyone to discuss it with though because I'm more of a lurker than a contributor to this site but hey ho :rolleyes:
    I am unbelievably excited, I sooo want to do it
    I keep telling people about it so I might get a friend who'll do it as well hahah
    It's actually perfect for me - I love science, I want to do research in the future, I want to learn more about the world around me and plus I don't do that much in the summer anyways :P
    I'll be gutted if I don't get one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm excited

Source my own places?
    I'm only speculating, but I suspect it means they won't find placements for you, only fund them when you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    I'm excited

I'm only speculating, but I suspect it means they won't find placements for you, only fund them when you do.
    What funding would be required though if it's only within the region. Transport? Food?

I wonder where I can get them...hmm

ReputationRep:
    What funding would be required though if it's only within the region. Transport? Food?

I wonder where I can get them...hmm
    Cardiff is a gem of the scientific world, I hear :mmm:

I just noticed that they've made applications all online based. A win for the socially anxious :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff is a gem of the scientific world, I hear :mmm:

I just noticed that they've made applications all online based. A win for the socially anxious :awesome:
    The university is good fun

I've decided NatSci would be good for me, so any chem/physics would be nice!

And my whole family are leaving me alone in the summer (my choice I don't want to go abroad for 5+ weeks) so it'd be good. It says techniquest is my local rep, so I'll email them

ReputationRep:
    The university is good fun

I've decided NatSci would be good for me, so any chem/physics would be nice!

And my whole family are leaving me alone in the summer (my choice I don't want to go abroad for 5+ weeks) so it'd be good. It says techniquest is my local rep, so I'll email them
    I'm supposed to visit my family in Australia in the summer :rolleyes:

You had to apply by email last year, but apparently not this year.

ReputationRep:
    I'm supposed to visit my family in Australia in the summer :rolleyes:

You had to apply by email last year, but apparently not this year.
    :mmm: but you're not going to? Australia would be nice, country I'm meant to go to, not so nice...

I'll have to enquire about the situation!

ReputationRep:
    :mmm: but you're not going to? Australia would be nice, country I'm meant to go to, not so nice...

I'll have to enquire about the situation!
    I like the UK I was in Australia last month and will probably be going in Easter.

ReputationRep:
    I like the UK I was in Australia last month and will probably be going in Easter.
    Oh you sworn your oath yet?:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarcastic-sal)
    Anyone applying for the Oxford UNIQ summer schools?
    Yes! Trouble is, I want to do Maths (Numbers & Codes) and it's due to finish on the 18th, and that's supposed to be the day I go to Malaysia so I'm either applying for that or for biochem I think! Malaysia date is not 100% confirmed so fingers crossed its a couple of days later aaaah! You going for Sutton trust as well?

ReputationRep:
    Hello People :wavey: i've been away a long time looking at my quotes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dylann)
    I cannot see Economics as an a-level under your list of subjects! I surely can not be the only one?!

My subjects are:

Mathematics: Edexcel
    Chemistry: AQA
    English Literature: AQA
    Economics: Edexcel
    ummmm they were there? that's strange :lol: i've put another on for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Bet you regretting starting this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Welcome back!! ^-^

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.