Official LSE Applicants+Decisions 2009 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Beef_Eater
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So everyone here agrees that this Friday is offers?
edward27
Report 9 years ago
If anyone's interest and for the record, I sent in the additional information through email and got this reply.

Dear Edward,

Thank you for your email.

I will print off a copy of your articles and your email, however they will not be attached to your application until after a decision has been made by the Admissions Tutor as they will not consider this additional information as part of their decision making process. The only additional information that they will consider is information regarding a change to predicted grades or information regarding extenuating circumstances and I apologise for the discrepancy in the information provided on our website.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further queries.

Kind regards,

Cristy Meadows

Deputy Admissions Officer
Undergraduate Admissions
London School of Economics and Political Science

So there you go, LSE doesn't take additional information other than grades etc. They should change that stupid link that says its welcomed. And there response makes no sense to me... what would be the point of attaching the extra info after a decision is made?

However, in better news. I emailed UCL with the same information and they replied with:

Dear Edward,

Thank you for your email but the information is not required as SSEES has already decided to offer you an Unconditional place for the LR27 course (BA Politics and East European Studies).

The final processing will be done this week and official confirmation should arrive with you no later than a week from now.

Kind Regards

Roland Monger
Senior Admissions Officer, SSEES
University College London

So yay! that makes offers from SOAS, Bristol, Warwick, and UCL (not officially yet) with just the LSE to go...
Beef_Eater
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I did tell you that they won't consider additional information.
yodude888
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I really want an LSE offer just for the joy of turning it down
Cathinka
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by yodude888)
Well, you could also always give it to me
yodude888
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Cathinka)
Well, you could also always give it to me
How come you applied to Econ and Econ History, considering you applied for MORSE and econometrics elsewhere?

I'd be more than happy to sell you my place, if I'm to get one :tongue:
dawgnut
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by edward27)
So there you go, LSE doesn't take additional information other than grades etc. They should change that stupid link that says its welcomed. And there response makes no sense to me... what would be the point of attaching the extra info after a decision is made?
Told you =/

But the reply I recieved was:

Thank you for your recent email.

You will now be considered for entry in 2009. I will ensure that this information is attached to your application.

:awesome:
edward27
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Beef_Eater)
I did tell you that they won't consider additional information.
I know but with all due respect, there was a link on the official website that said it was welcomed... I'm sure you're a stand up guy but to me you're still someone on a forum and at that time it was your opinion versus that of what it said on there own website which they acknowledge was wrong.

But you were right, and deserved to say the "i told you so"
Cathinka
Report 9 years ago
How come you applied to Econ and Econ History, considering you applied for MORSE and econometrics elsewhere?

I'd be more than happy to sell you my place, if I'm to get one :tongue:
first of all i wasn't really sure what kind of course i want to do... (now i know i do not want to do econometrics..). and then i wanted to apply for economics at lse, but i don't have the maths mark i need... so i could only apply for economic history and eco, but now i have fallen in love with the course and i am really sad that i probably won't get in because my personal statement isn't the way it is supposed to be.. well..
ExRx123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Where will you go instead? That's a shame, was hoping to see you next year, you seemed quite cool.
yodude888
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by El Mariachi)
Where will you go instead? That's a shame, was hoping to see you next year, you seemed quite cool.
Ah thanks, I'm flattered. I've decided to take St. Andrews' offer. Better maths department (ranked third in the UK this year :eek3: ), better teaching, student satisfaction, freedom in module choice, etc. Aaaand I loved it when I visited.

I'll probably be spending a lot of time in London over the next few years though, as I have so many friends there... so it could be cool to meet up and exchange experiences of each university!
dramaminedreams
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I thought that COWI was more accurate for maths departments rankings?
Beef_Eater
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I know but with all due respect, there was a link on the official website that said it was welcomed... I'm sure you're a stand up guy but to me you're still someone on a forum and at that time it was your opinion versus that of what it said on there own website which they acknowledge was wrong.

But you were right, and deserved to say the "i told you so"
No it was that link v my LSE email (with the email being sent on 14/11)
Inquilaab
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What's the last date that LSE will give their decisions by?
steve2006
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Inquilaab)
What's the last date that LSE will give their decisions by?
march 31st. LSE are probably the only uni that go all the way right to the deadline. I think last year some people got their decisions on 1st of April as UCAS takes time to update
Beef_Eater
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Whos excited about Friday then?
Marcx89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So yay! that makes offers from SOAS, Bristol, Warwick, and UCL (not officially yet) with just the LSE to go...
That's one cool batch of offers!
cactus_c
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Beef_Eater)
Whos excited about Friday then?
Do you think you're gonna get in?
Beef_Eater
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cactus_c)
Do you think you're gonna get in?
I'm hoping for an offer like everyone else.
yodude888
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dramaminedreams)
I thought that COWI was more accurate for maths departments rankings?
Link? I'm not that worried, I only saw the Times rankings after I'd pretty much made my decision.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads