The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8160
Original post by TSR561
Wherever you are, you're bound to have people next to you who are going to be very lively. And that's awesome! My family just can't get into sport, and the friends I'm bringing along are also uneducated when it comes to the "rugby copy". A few tutoring sessions will be needed :tongue:

Yeah I'm not really a big attendee of live sport but because its the NFL most fans are just after a good time and a good game so you can't really go far wrong.

And how well are tickets selling by the way?! This is exciting, now for the Jags game the best available endzone seats are 536 and a lot of sections particularly (I said a lot, I meant 2) for Atlanta and Detroit (and actually the Raiders have sold out more sections) are sold out! Sold out by the Superbowl? They might be sold out by Championship weekend at this rate!
(edited 10 years ago)
Bit nervous about facing the Pats but its nice to be back to the AFC Championship game at least.

I can just see all the deluge on various forums if we lose "hahaha ud have been better with Tebow hahaha"
Reply 8162
Original post by Wattsy
Yeah I'm not really a big attendee of live sport but because its the NFL most fans are just after a good time and a good game so you can't really go far wrong.

And how well are tickets selling by the way?! This is exciting, now for the Jags game the best available endzone seats are 536 and a lot of sections particularly (I said a lot, I meant 2) for Atlanta and Detroit (and actually the Raiders have sold out more sections) are sold out! Sold out by the Superbowl? They might be sold out by Championship weekend at this rate!

Yeah, popularity's definitely increasing here. Why did you go for the Jags game? I was tempted to just for Bryant and Murray (had them both in fantasy and they won me the championship), but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to see Megatron.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Bit nervous about facing the Pats but its nice to be back to the AFC Championship game at least.

I can just see all the deluge on various forums if we lose "hahaha ud have been better with Tebow hahaha"

No one in their right mind would actually think that though haha.

Game has a lot more on the line than it does for Peyton. Even if the Pats make it to the Superbowl cannot see us beating the NFC teams.
Reply 8164
Original post by TSR561
Yeah, popularity's definitely increasing here. Why did you go for the Jags game? I was tempted to just for Bryant and Murray (had them both in fantasy and they won me the championship), but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to see Megatron.

Whilst being a Seahawk for this season because the Jags were going to be woeful I had a dabble on the Seahawks, I have a real soft spot for Jacksonville, being a Manchester United fan it's nice to see the other side of that coin, the struggle that a team has in order to get better. In Premier League terms its like being a Southampton fan a few years ago. Watching a potential transformation is special and given the Jags commitment to the UK I'm willing to hope for that transformation. The draft could make or break my game though basically, I don't really want to go and watch Chad Henne or Blaine Gabbert be hapless in front of a woeful Cowboys defense. Its a chance to see the beginnings of the next franchise QB and that is exciting.The other reason though, is practicality, my Uncle manages a pharmaceutical plant and November was the best time for him. The other bonus of my game is the fact that its the Cowboys as the away team, they polarize opinion and they're usually exciting to watch whether they're winning or losing so unless Jacksonville play horrible a la the 49ers game I think it'll be competitive and lively throughout.
For all the fans who's teams are no longer in contention, what are everyone's preferences for who they'd like to win the Super Bowl?

I know they're are a lot of Pats fans here so this doesn't really count for them I guess!

I'm a Ravens fan.

1. Broncos - Peyton deserves a 2nd ring. This can change his legacy from the best regular season QB, to a stud in the postseason too.
2. Seahawks - I like old fashioned football. Good defense, good run game. Plus Sherman is an absolute hero.
3. 49ers - Can't stand Kaepernick. Jim Harbaugh gets too much credit as a good coach, so this'll put him in his place if he loses.
4. Pats - I respect Brady, and if he wins he'll probably go down as the GOAT. I hate Belichick and the Pats in general though. Sorry! :P
Original post by Sir Killalot
For all the fans who's teams are no longer in contention, what are everyone's preferences for who they'd like to win the Super Bowl?

I know they're are a lot of Pats fans here so this doesn't really count for them I guess!

I'm a Ravens fan.

1. Broncos - Peyton deserves a 2nd ring. This can change his legacy from the best regular season QB, to a stud in the postseason too.
2. Seahawks - I like old fashioned football. Good defense, good run game. Plus Sherman is an absolute hero.
3. 49ers - Can't stand Kaepernick. Jim Harbaugh gets too much credit as a good coach, so this'll put him in his place if he loses.
4. Pats - I respect Brady, and if he wins he'll probably go down as the GOAT. I hate Belichick and the Pats in general though. Sorry! :P

Disagree there. Peyton doesn't go down as a stud in the post season with a win. His record in the post season will effectively be reset though.

Brady wont go down as a GOAT either. Montana always will be in peoples eye. Bill Belichick can go down as the GOAT with a Pats win and rightly should.
Reply 8167
If it isn't to be the Pats. I'd like the Seahawks to win it. I don't like Kaep or Harbaugh, and watching Peyton crumble would just be too glorious :ninja:

So yeah, Broncos vs 49ers SB will make me die a bit inside.
Original post by R-KAM
If it isn't to be the Pats. I'd like the Seahawks to win it. I don't like Kaep or Harbaugh, and watching Peyton crumble would just be too glorious :ninja:

So yeah, Broncos vs 49ers SB will make me die a bit inside.

Honestly I don't actually mind Peyton. He's one of the greats (just not better than Brady :lol: ) but I can't stand his fans or the Donkehs and Colts.

Quite like the 49ers especially Gore. Same with the Seahawks but I really dislike Carroll.
Reply 8169
Original post by Sir Killalot

I'm a Ravens fan.

In the words of the almighty steve smith .... 'I only cheer for one team, my team. Other than that I could give a bleep'

:biggrin:
watching Terrell Suggs on ESPN with McGinest, Heath Evans and Roddy White discussing the "Patriots Way" was absolutely hilarious. Guy is the biggest hater of the Pats out there :rofl:
Not expecting a win today but if we can Brady would be the first QB to go to 6 Superbowls.
(edited 10 years ago)
Also love when the Broncos bring up "Spygate", seems like they have a case of selective memory after what they did...
Original post by Malevolent
Not expecting a win today but if we can Brady would be the first QB to go to 6 Superbowls.

I know I like to act jealous but the Pats legacy is just :awesome:
Reply 8174
Also love when the Broncos bring up "Spygate", seems like they have a case of selective memory after what they did...

Yeah I always laugh at this, I'd argue that cap manipulation is more cheating than spying on practices.

As for tonight's games, I'm hoping for Pats and Seahawks victories but I've started to actually like Manning a bit more, he interviews quite well. It's his audibles that piss me off.
Starting to get that little pang of excitement when thinking about tonight's games!

Let's go niners...
Reply 8176

Also something like getting to the SB every other year?
No talib. Sigh...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally caught up. The team is just not very talented with all these injuries. Bill needs to go out there and spend on a wide receiver who can go deep. Can't win the playoffs with dink and dunk. Look at the options Manning has and then look at Brady's. Talib only player who's injury actually might put his price even higher seeing how badly the Patriots D is without him :lol:
Finally caught up. The team is just not very talented with all these injuries. Bill needs to go out there and spend on a wide receiver who can go deep. Can't win the playoffs with dink and dunk. Look at the options Manning has and then look at Brady's. Talib only player who's injury actually might put his price even higher seeing how badly the Patriots D is without him :lol:

Yawn... go home Pats fans

Latest