Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    I lose one day to dance and the other tends to be spent frantically tidying ironing and getting in supplies for the next week. Then every other weekend is a comp so that puts me even more out of kilter

So, yeah.
    For xmas I asked for 5 new clinical shirts aka 1 extra week before washing!

ReputationRep:
    :awesome:

I will also be filling it with as much humanities as possible!
    I might take a russian module.

Although the sensible thing is to use it to churn out a paper...
    Sod it, learn Russian. Something on my to-do-eventually-but-probably-never list.

ReputationRep:
    Is it bad I am picking Bsc based on perceived easiness as there are none that I particularly want to do?
    What you thinking of? I have to decide on this soon...

Thoughts on global health? I'm considering applying to London as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phryx)
    For xmas I asked for 5 new clinical shirts aka 1 extra week before washing!
    I have about 30 shirts, although not all of them are hospital suitable (bright pink one, bright red one etc.). 3 weeks of washing to do is a BAD IDEA. That was a horrible sunday.

(Original post by Mushi_master)
    Sod it, learn Russian. Something on my to-do-eventually-but-probably-never list.
    I suck a languages but we have a russian oligarch who sponsors the course so it is free

(Original post by Isometrix)
    What you thinking of? I have to decide on this soon...

Thoughts on global health? I'm considering applying to London as well.
    I debated with out global health module but it lookls like haem for now. If only it was more the holiday it once was :moon: (haem because 1 day off a week and I actually like it a bit although the basic science will probably make me want to hang myself)

ReputationRep:
    I suck a languages but we have a russian oligarch who sponsors the course so it is free

I debated with out global health module but it lookls like haem for now. If only it was more the holiday it once was :moon: (haem because 1 day off a week and I actually like it a bit although the basic science will probably make me want to hang myself)
    So do I, just think it would be cool. Then you can head to St. Petersburg to drink vodka and talk science, just like my biology teacher said I would do one day :lol:.

The only thing I really considered was Philosophy, basic sciences would kill me.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    :awesome:

I will also be filling it with as much humanities as possible!
    I might take a russian module.

Although the sensible thing is to use it to churn out a paper...
    Do something you think you will enjoy, the perceived easy ones are usually a nightmare ff they don't interest you.

Imagine writing a paper on a subject which fills you with the complete absence of desire, I don't even like writing about a subject that I do find interesting let alone anything else.

ReputationRep:
    Is it bad I am picking Bsc based on perceived easiness as there are none that I particularly want to do?
    nope, I'd call it wise. what are you thinking of? haem is no longer a holiday. if you want some extra free time and days off, pick global.

to carcinoma - no amount of interest can make reading papers enjoyable

unless you're interested in getting published (which is highly unlikely anyway) pick a library project for part c - it's easier to get a 1st and you can do it from home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    So do I, just think it would be cool. Then you can head to St. Petersburg to drink vodka and talk science, just like my biology teacher said I would do one day :lol:.

The only thing I really considered was Philosophy, basic sciences would kill me.
    I can only do philosphy if I apply as an external as we don't offer non science (because non science subjects don't exist at imperial) and realistically it is too late and would mean leaving the south ken bubble :afraid:

St petersburg is beautiful :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzcat)
    nope, I'd call it wise. what are you thinking of? haem is no longer a holiday. if you want some extra free time and days off, pick global.

unless you're interested in getting published (which is highly unlikely anyway) pick a library project for part c - it's easier to get a 1st and you can do it from home.
    I have heard haem still isn't that bad though and easier than a lot of the others.

I just can't face global health...

Thanks for the tip although tbh I don't think I will be getting a first, effort.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:

Agreed but imagine how much worse it would be if the papers were about "consumer loyalty among supermarket customers"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carcinoma)
    Do something you think you will enjoy, the perceived easy ones are usually a nightmare ff they don't interest you.

Imagine writing a paper on a subject which fills you with the complete absence of desire, I don't even like writing about a subject that I do find interesting let alone anything else.
    I go to imperial.
    It has the amazing ability to suck desire out of almost any subject :wizard:

ReputationRep:
    Agreed but imagine how much worse it would be if the papers were about "consumer loyalty among supermarket customers"
    See that doesn't sound to bad...

ReputationRep:
    hah true... although the free lunches from the bank poachers seems to have made up for the banality of it all.

lemon - I've heard global is actually far more interesting than any of us could possibly imagine, but each to their own... you only have time to see three BScs on the open day, so I'd really recommend (actually) researching beforehand.

one cool thing about haem is you learn about G6PD deficiency - Hannibal's nemesis; you can't eat fava beans or liver!

In neuro I've held brains and had lectures on deep brain stimulation - the workload is tiresome but that scifi aspect is what I came to imperial in search of..
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I go to imperial.
    It has the amazing ability to suck desire out of almost any subject :wizard:
    You could always intercalate externally and do a BSc in Emergency Medicine down this way. Although they do all have to go to Imperial and Newquay for the ATLS courses.

See that doesn't sound to bad...
    loool, i was just more surprised that there were papers on that topic

ReputationRep:
    hah true... although the free lunches from the bank poachers seems to have made up for the banality of it all.

lemon - I've heard global is actually far more interesting than any of us could possibly imagine, but each to their own... you only have time to see three BScs on the open day, so I'd really recommend (actually) researching beforehand.

one cool thing about haem is you learn about G6PD deficiency - Hannibal's nemesis; you can't eat fava beans or liver!

In neuro I've held brains and had lectures on deep brain stimulation - the workload is tiresome but that scifi aspect is what I came to imperial in search of..
    Noted. I will look into it.

G6PD deficiency is cool :yep:

Although no one is going to get me near neuro

ReputationRep:
    You could always intercalate externally and do a BSc in Emergency Medicine down this way. Although they do all have to go to Imperial and Newquay for the ATLS courses.

loool, i was just more surprised that there were papers on that topic
    Interesting. Although it means leaving london and going back home...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Interesting. Although it means leaving london and going back home...
    Another negative is that while yes there is very little actual lecture based teaching or research, they are on clinical attachment for practically the whole year, based in Resus and ED.

ReputationRep:
    Another negative is that while yes there is very little actual lecture based teaching or research, they are on clinical attachment for practically the whole year, based in Resus and ED.
    That could be fun. Bloody tiring I imagine

ReputationRep:
    So an iBSc gets you an extra 3 points on FPAS (assuming you get a 2:1, 4 for a 1st). Would this only be seen as advantageous in the most competitive fields where the smallest margins differentiate applicants? If so, what kind of fields are we talking? i guess anything surgical, but are there others?

The worst part of this is that I haven't the slightest clue what I want to do after these few years, so i can't even plan accordingly..
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    That could be fun. Bloody tiring I imagine
    Just realised your intercalating after 3rd year right?

BSc Emergency Care only takes students after fourth year due to the amount of clinical experience needed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.