The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know if I get my AQA English Language remarked, will they remark the coursework or just the exam? In my speaking and listening and exam I was only 2 marks off an a* but I seriously don't knoq what went wronf with the reading and writing coursework mark. It was 96 ums, and my teacher, who used to be an examiner, gave quite low grades anyway for coursework but I still ended up getting in the A* band? :frown: so overall I did quite well, it's just the 96 ums which has brought my grade down to being 21 ums away from an A* :frown: is there any hope?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys I got a C in English Language and I was 1 mark off a B. Should i retake or get a remark? I really need a B as I want to do medicine...
Original post by MaggieKan
Does anyone know if I get my AQA English Language remarked, will they remark the coursework or just the exam? In my speaking and listening and exam I was only 2 marks off an a* but I seriously don't knoq what went wronf with the reading and writing coursework mark. It was 96 ums, and my teacher, who used to be an examiner, gave quite low grades anyway for coursework but I still ended up getting in the A* band? :frown: so overall I did quite well, it's just the 96 ums which has brought my grade down to being 21 ums away from an A* :frown: is there any hope?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't remark coursework unfortunately but calculate using the UMS converter if it is worth remarking your Unit 1 exam so that you possibly move up a grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There definitely is , I think you should remark or one of your creative writing pieces
Original post by Stephanie_O
Guys I got a C in English Language and I was 1 mark off a B. Should i retake or get a remark? I really need a B as I want to do medicine...

My school send nearly everyone's off for remarks lol.
Yeah, get a remark.
Last year a girl in my class went up one mark, turning her D grade into a C.
Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My school send nearly everyone's off for remarks lol.
Yeah, get a remark.
Last year a girl in my class went up one mark, turning her D grade into a C.
Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
ohh wooww that is soo good :smile:, thanks for give me a glimpse of hope, I think I will :smile:
Turns out I got top in the year for Latin, English and Add Maths! Yay :biggrin:
Still not got my results. I want to cry :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a B in the poetry exam? I still got A overall however I thought I gave very good interpretations and two meanings of the same quote and all that shizz. I'm so baffled I have no idea how I got a B!???
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
We've got a list of entry reqs here. It shows you the medical schools that'd consider you.

Why don't you want to take biology? :smile:
I do and i can still change my choices
Original post by pic perfect
I got 6B and 4C. can I still be a doctor

We've got a list of entry reqs. here, but due to the competition, the odds are against you. Best thing you can do is do your research, find the unis who don't place much weight on GCSEs, perform well in your A-levels, UKCAT, non-academics, and apply there.

It's also worth thinking about alternate routes like GEM, if it's really what you want to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i am remarking my unit 1 .... i am around 5 ums off an A* ... which is only 3 marks!!

Ryan
From reading some of these comments, I think I took the most GCSEs? I got 15 including short course R.E. Who can beat 15 ? :biggrin:
Original post by iKrA97
No way...like do not listen to them. If you work hard in A levels itll work out. And great results :biggrin:

Thanks:smile: I was so upset yesterday and didn't even get to celebrate the fact I got an A in maths (truly a miracle!) I'm gonna prove them wrong!:biggrin: Jope you did well!
How can I convert my UMS score into raw marks with OCR?
Original post by Leechayy
Our school has a 45% pass rate and it was brand new so we didn't have many resources and gcse choices like English literature and the triple sciences great job yourself I'm proud of you :biggrin:

What are you gonna do now? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see! Yeah same, not keen on the idea of being the 'guinea pigs' of many exams and things, but hey ho!
Haha, thank-you, same! :biggrin:
Do you mean now as in this week to celebrate or in terms of college/sixth form? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long do remarks take to come back?
Original post by ghost_rebel
How can I convert my UMS score into raw marks with OCR?

They don't have a converter, I'm afraid.

Original post by ThatPerson
How long do remarks take to come back?

Usually 1-2 weeks. :smile:
Original post by ryanb97
i am remarking my unit 1 .... i am around 5 ums off an A* ... which is only 3 marks!!

Ryan

I was also 5ums off an A* in my Unit 1! I'm just hoping it doens't come back lower lol.

Original post by Stephanie_O
There definitely is , I think you should remark or one of your creative writing pieces

Original post by Farhan96
You can't remark coursework unfortunately but calculate using the UMS converter if it is worth remarking your Unit 1 exam so that you possibly move up a grade.

You both said different things! My problem is that on my writing and reading coursework, I was well into A* band in every piece so I don't understand why they gave me 96 UMS which is borderline A! That would have meant my work went down nearly 2 grades which isn't possible!

Do the examiners not moderate the coursework again? It just seems really low for what I was predicted also.

You both said different things! My problem is that on my writing and reading coursework, I was well into A* band in every piece so I don't understand why they gave me 96 UMS which is borderline A! That would have meant my work went down nearly 2 grades which isn't possible!

Do the examiners not moderate the coursework again? It just seems really low for what I was predicted also.

As Farhan96 said, you can't personally request for you coursework/controlled assessments to be remarked if they were originally marked by the teacher and then sent to the exam board for moderation. They can, however, be re-moderated at the discretion of your centre. It won't be just yours that will be re-moderated though, it will have to be the whole centre's marks.

Latest