Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tess_rach)
    Could I get in with 6 A*s and 6 As?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hope so, because I got 4A*s, 4As a B and a C

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Could anyone help me decide whether to go for a remark for my P.E. grade? I know it's not a very important subject in most peoples' eyes, but it's my only C grade and I am literally 1 mark off a B and 9 marks into a C grade.
    I got an A in the actual theory exam but my practical grade of a C brought it down JUST enough to take away my B! :mad:
    Is it worth the remark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Its Andy)
    Yeah, from what I know from people who've gone, your AS matter a lot more than GCSEs and you have good grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audi)
    Yeah, from what I know from people who've gone, your AS matter a lot more than GCSEs and you have good grades
    I've heard that as well, but I don't want to stand out negatively because my GCSEs are worse than everyone else applying.

ReputationRep:
    I got 6A* and 5A, would I still have a chance for medicine? My A* were maths, bio, chem, physics, re and geography. My As were history, music, French, English lang and English lit.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by rrichardson)
    Hi for my GCSE's i got 5 A*'s and 7 A's, and have chosen to take history, maths, chemistry and physics for As level and then i plan to drop maths. I'm not sure if i have made the right choice as i would like to do medicine but what med schools could i apply to without biology?
    We've got a list of entry reqs here. It shows you the medical schools that'd consider you.

Why don't you want to take biology?

Could I get in with 6 A*s and 6 As?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Its Andy)
    Yes to both of you, those grades are perfectly fine for medicine - it just depends on where you want to apply and you avoid GCSE heavy unis!

(Original post by Katherine1996)
    I got 6A* and 5A, would I still have a chance for medicine? My A* were maths, bio, chem, physics, re and geography. My As were history, music, French, English lang and English lit.
    Those are more than good enough for medicine. Power on with applying!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Could I get in with 6 A*s and 6 As
    To where? Cambridge? Sure. See the bottom presentation for some data. Note that it having high ums at AS level that denotes a good chance, not really gcse grades. http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergrad...hers/past.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katherine1996)
    Seriously ? You crested an account just to say that....The answer is obvious

ReputationRep:
    Being just 1 UMS mark away from an A* in economics is sooooo frustrating Going to get a remark!

ReputationRep:
    6 As and 6 Bs, I would have gotten an A in English Language as well as Literature, but I was accidentally entered into foundation because of a mixup at school, so I could only get a C in the final exam, despite getting a B in Year 10. I got a C, so luckily I got a B overall, but what can I do? Should I retake the final English Language exam, or should I leave it? I've spoken to the school, but they didn't do anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    To where? Cambridge? Sure. See the bottom presentation for some data. Note that it having high ums at AS level that denotes a good chance, not really gcse grades. http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergrad...hers/past.html
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had 4A*'s in Welsh, French, RE and additional science
    Had 5A's in English Literature, ICT, Maths, Science and Geography
    and 1B in English Language

Are these good enough for medical school?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snikutsmullac)
    Why did everybody get to find out how many UMS they got except for me? I really wanted to know and my results slip didn't say it ;(
    Mine didn't either, I had to email my exams officer and request them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePhoenixLament)
    Predicted grades / Actual Grade:
    English Lit: A* A
    English Lang: A* A*
    Maths: A* A*
    Biology, Chemistry& Physics: A*A*A* AAA*
    Geography: A* A
    Art: A* A
    RE: A* A*
    German: A A*

Comments:
    Before: I knew from the first week an A* in Art for me was impossible. If I get an A* in Maths it will be ridiculously close. It is impossible for me to get an A* in Physics due to me having to get 103% in the final unit... I think the others I may have achieved... just. Think I may have got an A* in German as I have been doing extra work as I wanted to show my teacher I could get an A* if I tried really hard.
    After: ...How on earth did I get an A* in Physics?! Very happy with my German. Disappointed with my Geography as I got two A*s in the papers but my coursework dragged me down (considering in the mocks I got C's in both papers I'm very proud though). English Lit I am also disappointed, but got full marks in my coursework so again I'm proud.
    However, I feel I can't really complain as I still did very well. Plus my friend got the first A* in Food Tech in our school for 15 years and is off to do a chef diploma. I feel like a proud parent!

What are you going to study for Alevels/Btechs/IB:
    Biology, Chemistry, Decision Maths and English Literature

Did anyone manage an A* in AQA English Literature?

Congratulations! I'm doing similar A-levels to you! Bloody well done on that A in art in particular - know so many people who've gotten Cs and Ds in it, it's a ridiculously hard subject. And German! Christ!

I somehow managed full UMS in English Literature, but that's only because a) it's the subject I love most in the universe and paid the most attention to, b) we had a beyond epic teacher, and c) getting extraordinarily lucky in the poetry exam. English Lang matters far more anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nkamy)
    Omg Im having the exact same problem!!! ARGH I dont know what to do about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Many people have had this problem so I think AQA may have to do a full remarking of everything... If, of course, they ARE wrong, which I'm now convinced that they are!

ReputationRep:
    I got 6B and 4C. can I still be a doctor

ReputationRep:
    Highest in the school for Computing, Spanish, RS and Physics! Waaaaaah I can't believe it

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if I get my AQA English Language remarked, will they remark the coursework or just the exam? In my speaking and listening and exam I was only 2 marks off an a* but I seriously don't knoq what went wronf with the reading and writing coursework mark. It was 96 ums, and my teacher, who used to be an examiner, gave quite low grades anyway for coursework but I still ended up getting in the A* band? so overall I did quite well, it's just the 96 ums which has brought my grade down to being 21 ums away from an A* is there any hope?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys I got a C in English Language and I was 1 mark off a B. Should i retake or get a remark? I really need a B as I want to do medicine...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.