Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm really starting to enjoy uni but I want to get fit/be able to say not to sweets sometimes (if I had my way, I would just eat tbh lol. But then I hate being out of shape)

Am I allowed to do that? Gio to the gym and choose what I eat?

It is so friggin annoying. I'm stuffed from a pizza and cheesy chips, would think that I am getting on the recovvery track by now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :hugs: You got anyone around to look after you?

Sure thing!
    thankyou

im thinking averaging 100 words a day so i dont freak myself out too quick, more if im on a roll, but that would only average about 30 days for 3000 words wouldnt it?? so a month which is toatally dooable considering i have till janruary to write this essay and do a few extra bits such as writing my diary, but my tutor isnt too bothered about that as its not actually marked...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    thankyou

im thinking averaging 100 words a day so i dont freak myself out too quick, more if im on a roll, but that would only average about 30 days for 3000 words wouldnt it?? so a month which is toatally dooable considering i have till janruary to write this essay and do a few extra bits such as writing my diary, but my tutor isnt too bothered about that as its not actually marked...
    Definitely doable. :yep: I worked on a similar basis - aimed to do an hour's work a day (although I usually did less... ), and it all stacked up in the end. Giving yourself rewards is good too - I had special snacks I was only allowed to eat while studying. :drool:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely doable. :yep: I worked on a similar basis - aimed to do an hour's work a day (although I usually did less... ), and it all stacked up in the end. Giving yourself rewards is good too - I had special snacks I was only allowed to eat while studying. :drool:
    yeah, working for an hour is good, but i know with me that wouldnt happen, so if i set myself numerical targets i can spend all day doing it if needed as long as i do atleast 100 words in a day then i will stick to it more, as i have no chance of sitting down and concentrating :sad:

well i have my birthday in 2 weeks, so i reckon if im half way to finishing by my birthday then i can treat myself then
    and im gonna use xmas as my goal of finishing my file, so i can celebrate then aswell
    then the fun of dissertation starts

ReputationRep:
    yeah, working for an hour is good, but i know with me that wouldnt happen, so if i set myself numerical targets i can spend all day doing it if needed as long as i do atleast 100 words in a day then i will stick to it more, as i have no chance of sitting down and concentrating :sad:

well i have my birthday in 2 weeks, so i reckon if im half way to finishing by my birthday then i can treat myself then
    and im gonna use xmas as my goal of finishing my file, so i can celebrate then aswell
    then the fun of dissertation starts
    Yeah, always best to play to your strengths and work around your weaknesses. :yy:

Sounds good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    :jumphug: Sorry to hear you had such a bad day, I'm here if you want to talk about it. Yay for work ethic though! :party:
    Thank you

Maybe you've been inspired by my studiousness?

You have set a fine example. lots of congratulations etc..

I'm starting to actually find interest in stuff again, and remember why im doing this degree. I like my subject. I like reading and I like research papers and I like learning.
    Am trying to focus on just the good stuff. I'm managing to concentrate better. My room is full of nice stuff like knitting and embroidery and paints. It's definitely such a relief not to need to die every minute every day.
    This is all good right? But.. im just broken. this is as good as it gets and this isnt really very good at all. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, always best to play to your strengths and work around your weaknesses. :yy:

Sounds good!
    and my strength is procrastinating :yep:
    and being rubbish

hope your ok!

so my depression is pretty bad... anyone feel like even the stupidest thoughts can mean the end of the world?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth)
    Could totally give up on life right now :sad:
    :hugs:
    What's up? :console:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    so my depression is pretty bad... anyone feel like even the stupidest thoughts can mean the end of the world?
    Yes! I'm always thinking myself into a bigger mess than I'm actually in. :sadnod: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    urgh ima flashback ssoon. don't want to . with family atm andn I think I can probably ground until I can get away but all shaky andn I just don't wantnt to feel ths agian

ReputationRep:
    Don't really know (so unhelpful I know). I felt ok and suddenly I just feel irritated and stressed by everything.
    :console:
    I have moments like that. :sadnod: Can you do something nice for yourself tonight? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I could do. I was thinking of reading a book or something like that.
    I'm currently knitting myself a snood.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh nice. I wish I could knit - I do sew from time to time though. After having read for a bit, I'm feeling a little better.
    Ooh it's quite easy to learn the basics if it's something you're interested in. VERY addictive though.
    Glad you're feeling even a bit better. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    mixing benzos and spirits to make flashbacks go away. don't wantto have to. but i'm not doing it again. not tonight I cant.

I guess its probably good that nobody paying attention to what I do. just quietly fall apart in the corner and melt I think. even easier when I go badk to uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfgah)
    mixing benzos and spirits to make flashbacks go away. don't wantto have to. but i'm not doing it again. not tonight I cant.

I guess its probably good that nobody paying attention to what I do. just quietly fall apart in the corner and melt I think. even easier when I go badk to uni.
    :hugs: Hope it's working for you at least, and sorry people are ignoring you. :console:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Hope it's working for you at least, and sorry people are ignoring you. :console:
    oh nobody is ignoring me, am just making references to my uni support services being Completely Useless. but yeah I maybe be grateful for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfgah)
    oh nobody is ignoring me, am just making references to my uni support services being Completely Useless. but yeah I maybe be grateful for that
    Bad asdfgah should demand Lots and Lots of Support!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you've been inspired by my studiousness?
    Inspire us! please (No really, great work!)

(Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Feeling really unsafe. Called the crisis team and they told me to watch TV. I just... I just give up with them.
    TV ... I just quit watching TV, beside of some quality stuff. Too embarassing ... But I am lingering .... Sounds like really great advice , which is sad.

could you pass it on to me also? iv written about 43 words out of 3000
    That's not bad at all, especially because you still need to get in the flow!

One question: Can you really make cider? Or am I confusing that? I am just curious ...

Actually pretty happy this Society exists. Although I feel way better, it somehow helps me to get quicker out and get things into perspective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathanielle)
    Inspire us! please (No really, great work!)

One question: Can you really make cider? Or am I confusing that? I am just curious ...

Actually pretty happy this Society exists. Although I feel way better, it somehow helps me to get quicker out and get things into perspective.
    Thanks!

I make cider! :itsme: It's really easy and fun (especially the end bit where you do the drinking), with lots of room for experimentation. Current batch on the go is beetroot coloured/slightly flavoured. Follow the much-neglected Cider Society link in my sig for more info and recipes!

ReputationRep:
    Please help me. I can't deal with it. It's too much to handle. I'm crying. Its just too much. I don't even know what to say. I don't want to explain the whole thing over again.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.