Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    dat tasty 8-2

want it just for the TSR and Twitter meltdowns

in for the gifs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    I'm predicting ahead
    won the fa cup in 2005, won the fa cup in 2014. It can't be 10 even if we won nothing next season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Waiting for giant injury list before the start of the season.
    Probably get every midfielder injured and then everyone will be whining about Cesc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    He's the Arsenals Isambard..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Rubbish, nowhere near as bad as IKB. Isambard is so obviously a troll it's unreal, he clearly doesn't like football and is just looking for a reaction. Look at any of his other threads and you'll see he's the same.

Butty does seem like a troll sometimes (worst when he's derailing our thread) but sometimes I've seen him post sense eg on Arsene's ridiculous tactics in big games.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That 8-2 is the worst day of football any team has ever played in the history of the game.

The fact wenger felt it was acceptable to go in to the season with that squad is unforgivable. The man is a ****ing charlatan his trolley dash on the 31st August that year probably set us back 5 years we're still playing arteta for **** sake

ReputationRep:
    Butty is actually the best poster on this thread though funny and often correct. Pete used to be good but has fallen off, Stalin is pure ****e, Kruz is pure ****e, Zurich is just hilarious and Peggles is decent, on the right lines if lacking knowledge. Sevchenko you get a sense of love for the club, more than from any other poster, but he's not always correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    He's the Arsenals Isambard..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Isambard is just a prick who's up himself tbh. There is a clear difference to baconbutty who makes clear and concise points and Isambard who just is there to provide antagonism at every opportunity with no insight whatsoever.

Honestly think that Isambard is candy flipping when he posts.

BaconButty is honestly the best poster on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    won the fa cup in 2005, won the fa cup in 2014. It can't be 10 even if we won nothing next season.
    Pete there's a simple way to respond to this.

He said he's predicting ahead. Ahead could be 1millisecond or 1 billion years.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I'm a bit harsh but a lot of the people will disagree with me on here due to their fairytale football ideology whilst I apply realistic standards to the game. Whilst everyone else was toeing the old 'at least we're grinding results out now' line. I was criticising the team and it's poor play and I predicted we would get battered by city, chelsea, Liverpool and Everton I was abused by my fellow fans for this but In the end was vindicated. I also predicted us struggling for 4th whilst we were still top and was the victim of the tsr arsenal mob mentality again. Thankfully 419 saw the error of his ways and was big enough to apologise to me but I can't say the same for everyone else

ReputationRep:
    That 8-2 is the worst day of football any team has ever played in the history of the game.

The fact wenger felt it was acceptable to go in to the season with that squad is unforgivable. The man is a ****ing charlatan his trolley dash on the 31st August that year probably set us back 5 years we're still playing arteta for **** sake
    Cesc and Nasri leaving and Wilshere out for the entire season knocked us for six really. It was an genuine achievement to end up in 3rd in all honesty.

How did it set us back 5 years anyway? We spent a negative amount of money and maintained CL football, at the very worst that's floating water.
    Isambard is just a prick who's up himself tbh. There is a clear difference to baconbutty who makes clear and concise points and Isambard who just is there to provide antagonism at every opportunity with no insight whatsoever.

Honestly think that Isambard is candy flipping when he posts.

BaconButty is honestly the best poster on this thread.
    He just said that signing Arteta/Mertesacker etc set us back 5 years. How does that work FFS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Cesc and Nasri leaving and Wilshere out for the entire season knocked us for six really. It was an genuine achievement to end up in 3rd in all honesty.

How did it set us back 5 years anyway? We spent a negative amount of money and maintained CL football, at the very worst that's floating water.
    Maybe not set us back 5 years maybe just 2 or 3 we had a team almost ready to challenge completely destroyed. Let's be honest wenger knew Cesc and nasri were leaving and he didn't buy anyone until 31st august that's a complete joke.

ReputationRep:
    And most of what he bought was a pile of **** deadwood

ReputationRep:
    Maybe not set us back 5 years maybe just 2 or 3 we had a team almost ready to challenge completely destroyed. Let's be honest wenger knew Cesc and nasri were leaving and he didn't buy anyone until 31st august that's a complete joke.
    Yes he should have bought Mata when he had the chance, and yes he should have dealt with the departures better. But he managed to keep Cesc the previous summer from Barca and maybe felt he could do it again.

Arteta was v.good that season in all honesty. Mertesacker has turned out great. Fine Santos, Gervinho, Park were dross but we're talking about £10m done here once we sold them on.

If there's one thing you must say about Wenger is that he does build teams well, the Nasri/Cesc/RVP side was assembled quitely without spending anything and now you can see a team with Ramsey/Ozil/Walcott/Koscielny taking shape too. Dont think anyone could deny that we're 3 players away from competing so lets see what happens. We always improve with a settled squad and last season we got 79 points

ReputationRep:
    Yes he should have bought Mata when he had the chance, and yes he should have dealt with the departures better. But he managed to keep Cesc the previous summer from Barca and maybe felt he could do it again.

Arteta was v.good that season in all honesty. Mertesacker has turned out great. Fine Santos, Gervinho, Park were dross but we're talking about £10m done here once we sold them on.
    5 years is probably quite accurate tbf on second thought. He let a team he'd spent a few years building be dismantled. A team that was only a few players away from being complete. Now we're basically at the same stage again where we need a few players and we're probably 2 years away from competing for the league/champions league consistently again. That is if he actually decides to sign players or if he ****s about again

ReputationRep:
    5 years is probably quite accurate tbf on second thought. He let a team he'd spent a few years building be dismantled. A team that was only a few players away from being complete. Now we're basically at the same stage again where we need a few players and we're probably 2 years away from competing for the league/champions league consistently again. That is if he actually decides to sign players or if he ****s about again
    Youve said it yourself, Wenger builds teams up. We're midway through another cycle with no departures on the horizon.

Wenger often sees things that us mugs do not. Who saw Aaron Ramsey developing like he has or Koscielny turning into such a top defender? So I think we'll improve again next season and will be closer to the title, even if we wont win it.

ReputationRep:
    Let's be honest we've had some horrible dross playing for us the last few years but also a few guys bought on the cheap who came good. Koscielny and merte are prime examples. The party line seems to be only buying 'top quality' now so hopefully the embarrassment brought to the club by the likes of gervinho and santos can be forgotten.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    8-2?

If we play reserves then yeah...

13 Szczesny
    06 Koscielny
    20 Djourou
    25 Jenkinson
    30 Traore
    07 Rosicky
    14 Walcott (Lansbury - 83' )
    16 Ramsey
    23 Arshavin Booked
    39 Coquelin (Oxlade-Chamberlain - 62' )
    10 Van Persie (Chamakh - 83' )

Substitutes

21 Fabianski
    49 Miquel
    15 Oxlade-Chamberlain
    46 Lansbury
    53 Ozyakup
    29 Chamakh
    54 Sunu

How Wenger thought it would be ok to start the season with that squad i'll never know.

ReputationRep:
    Pete there's a simple way to respond to this.

He said he's predicting ahead. Ahead could be 1millisecond or 1 billion years.
    Fair enough, but in that case it's lazy analysis.

SUG, as interesting as it is to hear your analysis and commentary on other posters I don't see how I've gotten any worse cause I've not posted much since the WC started.

ReputationRep:
    Youve said it yourself, Wenger builds teams up. We're midway through another cycle with no departures on the horizon.

Wenger often sees things that us mugs do not. Who saw Aaron Ramsey developing like he has or Koscielny turning into such a top defender? So I think we'll improve again next season and will be closer to the title, even if we wont win it.
    Ramsey could easily depart he's spoken about barca/madrid

Mert/koscielny don't have long left

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    13 Szczesny
    06 Koscielny
    20 Djourou
    25 Jenkinson
    30 Traore
    07 Rosicky
    14 Walcott (Lansbury - 83' )
    16 Ramsey
    23 Arshavin Booked
    39 Coquelin (Oxlade-Chamberlain - 62' )
    10 Van Persie (Chamakh - 83' )

Substitutes

21 Fabianski
    49 Miquel
    15 Oxlade-Chamberlain
    46 Lansbury
    53 Ozyakup
    29 Chamakh
    54 Sunu

How Wenger thought it would be ok to start the season with that squad i'll never know.
    I'm not even going to bother attempting to answer that, Johnnie Cochrane couldn't defend that mess.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.