Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Not many clubs who will be willing to pay the small fortune it will cost to buy Payet considering his age.

Although wouldn't put it past PSG?
    Payet would cost around the same price (£20M) as vardy whom is the same age as payet yet arsenal are paying that.

alot of clubs will want him im sure he's also hoping the same. Cant be stuck with west ham after showing his performance of his lifetime

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    RE: the Chinese takeover bid.

It's no surprise, because businessmen are always interested in buying a business like Liverpool FC, and we've seen the rise of popularity of football in China. They clearly have a lot of money as a country, and are keen to make football work.

But I like FSG - regardless of the misstep regarding the ticket prices and "fans into customers" debacle. If I'm honest, I think their tenure has been disappointing - just one League Cup - but Klopp's appointment was a statement of intent, the stadium is looking great, and the future is bright.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Away kit Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466064103.132644.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  37.0 KB
    Attachment 550985

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hate it, prefer this year's away kit, may pick one up on the cheap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    We have agreed a fee from Fenerbahnce for Skrtel. £5m-£5.5m
    Struggling to see how we could get any more for a player who is now 31 and seemed to struggle last season. He must be on 60-90k a week too?

Seems a good move all round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerdling_CompSci)
    Payet would cost around the same price (£20M) as vardy whom is the same age as payet yet arsenal are paying that.

alot of clubs will want him im sure he's also hoping the same. Cant be stuck with west ham after showing his performance of his lifetime

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No chance West Ham would sell for 20mil. Vardy only potentially moving because he has a release clause in his contract. I don't think Payet has the same?

West Ham also like to think of themselves as a big club with the potential to fight for CL spots so no chance they will sell their star player on the cheap/anything less than obscene money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    No chance West Ham would sell for 20mil. Vardy only potentially moving because he has a release clause in his contract. I don't think Payet has the same?

West Ham also like to think of themselves as a big club with the potential to fight for CL spots so no chance they will sell their star player on the cheap/anything less than obscene money.
    Can't put it past PSG so spend that obscene money although his age may put them off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Can't put it past PSG so spend that obscene money although his age may put them off.
    Yea Payet will go if PSG (or any one big) offers say 40mil+ imo. I think West Ham would struggle to refuse a bid like that.

Anyway I'd be happy since it would weaken West Ham + make it less likely that PSG would want Coutinho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a7083836.html

Chinese club interested in buying Liverpool for £700m. Wasn't the 1st time talk of takeover since FSG joined.
    I had a look at the letter that's supposedly started all this and it is obviously a fake. It's such a bad fake that I can't believe it's managed to get into the mainstream media.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, sent to Anfield, colloquialisms, incorrect names and so on. All it needed was a request for 'the Directors' bank details and it would've been sorted.

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge scoring that goal is going to be a huge confidence boost! Lets just pray he doesn't get injured.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Federerr)
    Sturridge scoring that goal is going to be a huge confidence boost! Lets just pray he doesn't get injured.
    Proving that he's the best striker in the England squad. I expect he'll start in the next game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerdling_CompSci)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    £20m, no chance. They've valued him at 50m, his agent said yesterday he'd cost "ridiculous money", they're rich enough to be making 30m bids for players (Lacazette), he's got 5 years on his contract...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Thought Lallana was excellent for England today - but Sturridge made the difference. His brain, and technique, is just so quick. When teams are sitting deep and set in, a player like Sturridge is crucial for forcing the issue.

I'm really not bothered about England, but I was chuffed to see Sturridge score. Fair play to him. Get him starting, Roy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Thought Lallana was excellent for England today - but Sturridge made the difference. His brain, and technique, is just so quick. When teams are sitting deep and set in, a player like Sturridge is crucial for forcing the issue.

I'm really not bothered about England, but I was chuffed to see Sturridge score. Fair play to him. Get him starting, Roy.
    Lallana was brilliant in the first half and is definitely showing why he was picked.

Sturridge - as you say - injected new life in to the game and made the awakes defence sweat. He took a few of them away at a time and it opened up some good room for others. Great goal and very composed finish. If he isn't staring against Slovakia, I give up.

Allen was great as always - he's impressing me more and more with every game and I seriously want us to keep him. Such an intelligent player.
    Anyone else see his nutmeg on Rooney?

ReputationRep:
    Why in the world would PSG want Coutinho anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Why in the world would PSG want Coutinho anyway?
    Liverpool fans genuinely think he's good enough to play at Barca :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    ^legit nobody on this thread has ever said that

Go back to school swarley
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'll drive Mario to Turkey if it comes to it, lads. Don't worry. I'll take one for all of us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    ^legit nobody on this thread has ever said that

Go back to school swarley
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    It's only a matter of time before Coutinho goes to Barca, but we'll get a bucketload for him - if he continues as he is you would imagine somewhere in the region of £40-50m.
    strong c section

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    strong c section
    That's talking about the future, not now

Strong username

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.