I've just seen the Lambert goal. That goalkeeping is hilarious

ReputationRep:
    Baines over Cole any day of the week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evel Kanyevel)
    seems incapable of catching a ball.

you'd think that's kind of part of the job description
    I know, right.

He can't catch a ball or even punch it out properly.

ReputationRep:
    can see Moldova parking the bus and England resorting to launching balls at Lambert.

let the lad get a goal or two.

gutted for Welbeck. performs very well for England, would've been a definite starter for Tuesday
    I'd imagine Lambert will be coming off soon with that booking for Welbeck I'd think we won't be taking chances with him.

Side note to anyone watching on ITV, that British Airways advert :eek: That was awesome!

ReputationRep:
    welbeck

ReputationRep:
    Welbeck is the new Peter Crouch - loves scoring against cannon fodder (bar Sweden, of course).

ReputationRep:
    Ukraine will be the real test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Welbeck is the new Peter Crouch - loves scoring against cannon fodder (bar Sweden, of course).
    Are you serious with that comparison?

ReputationRep:
    Ross!

ReputationRep:
    Walker is absolutely rubbish down that right hand side, he's not really good in either direction tbh.

ReputationRep:
    i want to report this post.

i really do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')
    Are you serious with that comparison?
    Given that the comparison is a very specific one - the quality of the international teams they've scored against - yes, quite.

ReputationRep:
    Ross Barkley is such an exciting prospect

ReputationRep:
    Given that the comparison is a very specific one - the quality of the international teams they've scored against - yes, quite.
    seems a little to early to judge wellbeck on this one yet..

He only has 18 caps,

with goals against:

Belgium, sweeden(twice), san morinio, scottland, and now moldova

- seems a bit to early to say that he only scores against weaker teams, sweeden+belgium are both of fair quality, and scottland whilst weak, are a bit of a special case..

it would be a fairer arguement that he simply doesnt score neough, because only twice has he scored well against really week teams (san.m. and Moldova)

ReputationRep:

but Crouch does do this

http://cdn.onegif.com/wp-content/upl...lebration2.gif

so i guess welbeck's ****e.

ah well
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

but Crouch does do this

http://cdn.onegif.com/wp-content/upl...lebration2.gif

ah well
    One league goal last year though.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    One league goal last year though.....
    21 years of age last year though.
    playing on the wing for most of his league games though.

already doubled that tally from last year. though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    seems a little to early to judge wellbeck on this one yet..

He only has 18 caps,

with goals against:

Belgium, sweeden(twice), san morinio, scottland, and now moldova

- seems a bit to early to say that he only scores against weaker teams, sweeden+belgium are both of fair quality, and scottland whilst weak, are a bit of a special case..

it would be a fairer arguement that he simply doesnt score neough, because only twice has he scored well against really week teams (san.m. and Moldova)
    He could be more prolific, yes, but his scoring rate is okay. I take your point, though, even if I'll always remain a little skeptical about goals in friendlies.

but Crouch does do this

[img]http://cdn.onegif.com/wp-content/upl...lebration2.gif[/img]

ah well
    Please rejig my memory, and direct me to the part of my post where I said that Welbeck was incompetent. I simply noted that both Welbeck and Crouch seem to have habits of scoring very efficiently against sides regarded as middling to poor. Which, given that it can be proved by looking over their scoring records, is hardly a controversial viewpoint.

'Welbeck is the new Peter Crouch, he's completely limited and offers very little bar tap ins against Moldova' would be a little sillier, I agree. So please show me where I either implied that or said that.

Oh, and posting single Youtube clips is an amateurish way of making a point. Look, I can do it too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCGjEOnVw94

ReputationRep:
    He could be more prolific, yes, but his scoring rate is okay. I take your point, though, even if I'll always remain a little skeptical about goals in friendlies.

Please rejig my memory, and direct me to the part of my post where I said that Welbeck was incompetant. I simply noted that both Welbeck and Crouch seem to have habits of scoring very efficiently against sides regarded as middling to poor. Which, given that it can be proved by looking over their scoring records, is hardly a controversial viewpoint.

'Welbeck is the new Peter Crouch, he's completely limited and offers very little bar tap ins against Moldova' would be a little sillier, I agree. So please show me where I either implied that or said that.

Oh, and posting single Youtube clips is an amateurish way of making a point. Look, I can do it too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCGjEOnVw94
    i'm just messing around mate, nothing meant seriously.

and as a United fan, i bloody love that youtube clip.
    :smug:

ReputationRep:
    ohhh milner.. bless the lad..

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.