Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I travelled home for the holidays yesterday expecting Kent to be sunny and glorious in comparison to Leicester. Not only is it colder, but the snow is ridiculous. It's hard to see the other side of the street when it picks up. Perhaps most bizarrely of all, there was a bit of lightning earlier, which is pretty damn rare in a snowstorm!

On the train from Leicester to London it was weird looking at huge snow drifts in Northamptonshire and green fields in Bedfordshire. Weirdness.

ReputationRep:
    BAHHHH
    i was meant to be going home to northern ireland today from bristol airport, when i checked the airport websites and easyjet website before leaving for the airport they said it was fine...they then sent me a cancellation email half an hour before the flight was due to depart and said do not travel to the airport...that was good communication
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be really pissed off if my flight from Glasgow to Stansted gets cancelled tomorrow!
    I want to go home for the holidays!

ReputationRep:
    Woah, London has been issed with the Red 'Take Action' severe weather warning! :shock:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/..._warnings.html

With 'Very Heavy Snow' expected!

ReputationRep:
    A few inches of snow falls and half of all train services are cancelled, man I hate this country - I better be able to get to london tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.I)
    Can someone explain to me why the snow here in London is like tiny balls?
    Like the stuff you get inside IKEA packaging :p:
    Ah! the little polystyrene ball kinda things are something called graupel. They are soft hail - a kind of cross between snow and hail. :/. I saw loads of these at the train station the other day and wondered what they were so I looked it up :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escriba)
    Really? I thought you'd all be absolutely freezing with all that snow! But if I'm to take your word for it then I must also conclude that she's inhuman. There's no other explanation for it!
    Obviously she is a wizard you know.

ReputationRep:
    My afro turned white

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig)
    Woah, London has been issed with the Red 'Take Action' severe weather warning! :shock:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/..._warnings.html

With 'Very Heavy Snow' expected!
    Just read that, meant to be loads this afternoon, not had any since about 12 though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam 09)
    Ah! the little polystyrene ball kinda things are something called graupel. They are soft hail - a kind of cross between snow and hail. :/. I saw loads of these at the train station the other day and wondered what they were so I looked it up :P
    Awesome, muchas gracias!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    Obviously she is a wizard you know.

I hadn't noticed!!!! :rofl3:

ReputationRep:
    Santa just passed by my window! Just like last year. I'm in my room, then I hear jingles outside on the street. It's a guy dressed up as a Santa, with a cosy sleigh and horses. And children can take rides on it.

It's all snowy and nice outside too. So it's quite cool, lol.:^_^:

ReputationRep:
    Snow is only good when it's on a ski slope.
    Dirty icy slushy snow that brings Britain to a standstill, erm no thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.I)
    Can someone explain to me why the snow here in London is like tiny balls?
    Like the stuff you get inside IKEA packaging :p:
    I thought i saw someone who didn't realise where they wre on TV. You must have stumbled onto a film set.

I have quite a lot of snow in my part of London! Seen a few people slip and slide. Proper funny!

ReputationRep:
    Snow angels here I rape!

ReputationRep:
    I was meant to be going to see deadmau5 tonight but we can't get in because of the snow. It's an absolute disgrace that the gig's still even going ahead to be honest. It's practically encouraging people to drive in dangerous conditions - we're not going to, we did last year to see Basement Jaxx and ended up stuck on the M2 all night, so we're not risking it again. 6+ inches of snow fell in less than an hour for ****s sake. This is taking the piss.

ReputationRep:
    We got 7 inches.... Insane!!!

ReputationRep:
    It's jokes that you got negged 25 times for not liking snow. Good old TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Most people only love snow when it's not here.
    I personally don't mind it.
    But the only reason I don't like it is for my friend who's disabled and in a wheel chair so he's homebound for the whole time. It doesn't affect me, but other than that it can be fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cuckoo91)
    It's jokes that you got negged 25 times for not liking snow. Good old TSR.
    Keep it coming you DICKS

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.