Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For everyone doing law at Magdalene:
    What date was your interview?

There were only 4 of us on my date (8th December) and I want to know if any of them are on here !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law93)
    For everyone doing law at Magdalene:
    What date was your interview?

There were only 4 of us on my date (8th December) and I want to know if any of them are on here !
    Mine was on the seventh. I believe maka9 was there on the eighth.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by maka9)
    Right?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh great thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbou)
    Hey, I have an offer from Churchill too Its for maths, A1AA with S1in step but I got my offer on friday, after being rejected from trinity without entry to the pool :P I emailed the admissions tutors of all the other colleges because I thought it was unfair, and churchill emailed me back with an offer a week later
    Nicely done! (Good luck with the STEP, btw).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Mine was on the seventh. I believe maka9 was there on the eighth.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Right?
    Yep! So that's great, Law93 and I have already met then! How many Magdalene Law people are actually on here then?!

ReputationRep:
    I dont know :/ Well they obviously want you because you've got an offer! What are the grades they're asking? Hopefully, I will see you in October. What college you in?

(Original post by Amy Luo)
    Hi, Im engineering too and im interested in Civil engineering too!!
    Wondering why would my offers are 4 rather than 3?? is that mean they dont want me much???:eek::confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maka9)
    Yep! So that's great, Law93 and I have already met then! How many Magdalene Law people are actually on here then?!
    Only one more I know of, how many others do you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Only one more I know of, how many others do you know?
    Well that makes four of us. I also met another international applicant who has an offer for Magdalene Law at a scholarship interview for Cambridge. So five in total then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katey_doodles)
    So, so worried! And funnily enough, it's not the A* that I'm freaking out about, but the AA. Mocks were pretty atrocious so I'm beginning to think they must have made some sort of mistake in making me an offer
    Haha, me too. The A* I should manage, but the As... I think I got a C on my last chemistry mock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melanie-v)
    Haha, me too. The A* I should manage, but the As... I think I got a C on my last chemistry mock.
    i got an E

thanks, college, for entering me into all of these exams half a year early. whilst the prospect of 'just coursework for the rest of the year' DOES excite me, half a dozen resits in the summer DOES NOT.

remember you've got a couple of shots at any module you take in jan! you'll be fine! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, glad to hear it's not just me then! :/ I got a C in one of my History of Art mocks, and then a B in EngLit...gonna have to pull my socks up sharpish :ashamed2:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kobie)
    i got an E

thanks, college, for entering me into all of these exams half a year early. whilst the prospect of 'just coursework for the rest of the year' DOES excite me, half a dozen resits in the summer DOES NOT.

remember you've got a couple of shots at any module you take in jan! you'll be fine! :hugs:
    How's revision been going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kobie)
    i got an E

Thanks. :flowers: Don't worry, I have an E in M3 right now. I'm self-studying it though, so guess who's been procrastinating? :rolleyes:
    I actually think coursework is worse than exams - it's so much work! How many coursework subjects do you have? ^^

Haha, glad to hear it's not just me then! :/ I got a C in one of my History of Art mocks, and then a B in EngLit...gonna have to pull my socks up sharpish :ashamed2:
    When were these mocks? ... were the grades for those subjects specified?

What colleges are you both anyway? I'm Downing. :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    How's revision been going?
    okayish i've got a chem resit this thurs which i DON'T want to have to do for the 3rd time in the summer, so i've been working my arse off for that.

i've barely made a dent in eng or geog but they're not for a fortnight or so... got A*s for mocks on history of lang and human geog so hopefully they'll be alright. they're really interesting subjects too, so a lot of what i learn in class... stays in

the workload's tough though. i'd give anything to fastforward to feb :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

When were these mocks? ... were the grades for those subjects specified?

What colleges are you both anyway? I'm Downing. :love:
    I had 'em in january, but my actual exams aren't until June. I have to get my A* in French, and then AA between History of Art, English Lit and Religious Studies...eeeep! Were subject grades specified for you?

Ahhh how cool I actually thought about applying to Downing, but ended up going for St. John's :lovedup:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. :flowers: Don't worry, I have an E in M3 right now. I'm self-studying it though, so guess who's been procrastinating? :rolleyes:
    I actually think coursework is worse than exams - it's so much work! How many coursework subjects do you have? ^^
    hmmmm *casts accusing look at TSR* it's so hard to buckle down and do the work! everyone's still on a high from cambridge offers

i love coursework. for eng, i've picked a 'dissertation' topic which is a lot to do with some of the stuff i was interviewed on for linguistics. i've already done the reading/ prep and i'm good at churning out essays and articles sooo... anyway, i got 100% for my AS stuff

extended project is another linguistics topic (i get to do research on little kids at my primary school! aaargh, cute :love: ) and i'm hoping that will go quite well too :rolleyes:

i'm much, much better at producing arguments and analysing texts than reeling off formulae and mechanisms. if i could go back to year 11 and take philosophy or french or lit instead of sciencey stuff, i would :yep:

EDIT: my offer's for newnham

ReputationRep:
    I had 'em in january, but my actual exams aren't until June. I have to get my A* in French, and then AA between History of Art, English Lit and Religious Studies...eeeep! Were subject grades specified for you?

Ahhh how cool I actually thought about applying to Downing, but ended up going for St. John's :lovedup:
    Haha, I looked at St. John's, but it's Downing ftw for me.

That's all right then, you have plenty of time to get your grades up.

My offer is A*AA from any of Maths, FM, or the 3 sciences. Apparently English doesn't count.

HAHAHAHA at Bristol rejecting you... they didn't know what they'd be missing.
    Just out of curiosity, wtf is History of Art? Is it the obvious? (My school doesn't have it)

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I looked at St. John's, but it's Downing ftw for me.

That's all right then, you have plenty of time to get your grades up.

My offer is A*AA from any of Maths, FM, or the 3 sciences. Apparently English doesn't count.

HAHAHAHA at Bristol rejecting you... they didn't know what they'd be missing.
    Just out of curiosity, wtf is History of Art? Is it the obvious? (My school doesn't have it)
    That's cool so what is it you've applied for?

Ahhh I knowwwww...and it was the first word back I got from any uni, so i was sure that I was destined to get no offers at all! I hate logging onto UCAS track and seeing 'Unsuccessful' stuck in there but s'okay now cause it's balanced out by my Cambridge offer haha.

Apart from a crapload of essays, History of Art is basically just studying painting, design and architecture from different eras, so you look at movements, artists and their works, and social/historical context...it's a lot of fun, no matter how dull it may sound

ReputationRep:
    WOOPS
    I just re-read my offer letter (English at Peterhouse) and realised that the admissions tutor asked me to write to him to say whether I was accepting my place...better do that!
    Does everyone have to write a letter?
    How formal do I make it? 'I am pleased to be able to accept the offer'...'I am delighted to be able to accept the offer of a place at Peterhouse'...too keen?
    'I hope to see you in October' too keen?
    What else do I say?
    Seems like it will be a pretty short letter...
    Do I mention getting the grades at all? 'Subject to me attaining A*AA...'
    I'm so hopeless! Everyone else must have done this already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Londoner92)
    WOOPS
    I just re-read my offer letter (English at Peterhouse) and realised that the admissions tutor asked me to write to him to say whether I was accepting my place...better do that!
    Does everyone have to write a letter?
    How formal do I make it? 'I am pleased to be able to accept the offer'...'I am delighted to be able to accept the offer of a place at Peterhouse'...too keen?
    'I hope to see you in October' too keen?
    What else do I say?
    Seems like it will be a pretty short letter...
    Do I mention getting the grades at all? 'Subject to me attaining A*AA...'
    I'm so hopeless! Everyone else must have done this already!
    Just something like this...

Dear Dr. X,

I am just writing to tell you that I am delighted to have been offered a place to read for a degree in English at Peterhouse. I can joyously confirm that that I will be accepting the offer as my firm choice and, subject to meeting the conditions of the offer, shall be seeing you in the near future. I apologies for the lateness of this e-mail; I've been somewhat pre-occupied with my January exams. I shall formalise this decision within the course of the next few weeks on UCAS.

All the best,

Londoner92.

That's not that brilliant, but you get the idea.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.