Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TDM)
    Medicine at Queen's here
    Yay! I'm going to Queen's (hopefully!) too

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Oxford on UCAS just a second ago! Now.. all I need is the grades!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophies4int)
    i think so, still deciding though for much the same reasons as you. not sure i would love it as much as univeristies but at the moment leaning very much towards oxford.

im from london, you? yeah sure, sophie collis if you want to add me.
    Im from the Isle of Wight. Yeah same, I think to be honest 3 years slight sacrifice would be worth it for the connection and the sort of brand on your CV

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaddyD15)
    Im from the Isle of Wight. Yeah same, I think to be honest 3 years slight sacrifice would be worth it for the connection and the sort of brand on your CV
    Sacrifice? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcgovernjon)
    Sacrifice? :confused:
    Not having so much of the "uni lifestyle"

ReputationRep:
    Not having so much of the uni lifestyle
    Work hard, play hard??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    Work hard, play hard??
    By all means, just the sheer quantity of work may limit what can only be described as play time.

ReputationRep:
    By all means, just the sheer quantity of work may limit what can only be described as play time.
    Yeah I am a bit worried about the workload too. I'm just going to have to get SUPER organised when October comes round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    Yeah I am a bit worried about the workload too. I'm just going to have to get SUPER organised when October comes round.
    It really is manageable. You just have to be prepared to schedule work for yourself, or find something with a set schedule which will help bring some sort of structure (eg a sporting/musical commitment which means you have to be somewhere at a regular time).

It's slightly different for sciences as you have labs, but in the humanities there really is little that is compulsory but for your tutorials. In some subjects you don't even need to go to the lectures.

tl;dr: Don't worry. You'll have more than enough time to work and still have a good time doing other things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdmundB)
    It really is manageable. You just have to be prepared to schedule work for yourself, or find something with a set schedule which will help bring some sort of structure (eg a sporting/musical commitment which means you have to be somewhere at a regular time).

It's slightly different for sciences as you have labs, but in the humanities there really is little that is compulsory but for your tutorials. In some subjects you don't even need to go to the lectures.

tl;dr: Don't worry. You'll have more than enough time to work and still have a good time doing other things.
    I'd rep you, but I've ran out for today - tomorrow then! Thanks for the encouragement, I'm anxious about the workload too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdmundB)

Thanks for this as well! I'm really worried about the workload too. I have horrible visions of me crying over Latin verbs every night!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, anyone doing biological sciences at st hildas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)
    Thanks for this as well! I'm really worried about the workload too. I have horrible visions of me crying over Latin verbs every night!
    You'll be fine! You'll soon learn that the time to cry over Latin verbs is just before the language test, which is held at the horrible time of 9am on Tuesday morning. Luckily I can make it from my bedroom to the room within Exam Schools in 40 seconds...

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I have an offer for Biomedical Sciences as Corpus Christi

ReputationRep:
    I am studying Advanced Organic Chemistry with Physical Interactions at Trinity.

ReputationRep:
    E&M Guys, brilliant!

Can't wait man! And AAA too, sounds way too easy from now on!

ReputationRep:
    my referee recieved a letter from oxford....what can it be?
    he did not send it me yet..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moritzplatz)
    my referee recieved a letter from oxford....what can it be?
    he did not send it me yet..
    Just says why they accepted you. Pretty standard stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommy1311)
    Just says why they accepted you. Pretty standard stuff.
    oh ok...
    in my college website it was said that feedbacks are sent only if requested...

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to those with offers. Anyone know what sort of offers oxford is making for maths?

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.