Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blatant Troll)

"The issue of extra curricula activities will be addressed" as part of the EPM. Apparently.

Thoughts?

:holmes:
    Great news, it's something that is currently seriously underemphasised.

Do you know anything more about the EPM - will it still be clinical years only?

ReputationRep:
    I would honestly rather they stick to assessing clinical stuff and ignore extracurriculars - people will continue to have hobbies and participate in stuff that they personally enjoy, and maybe we'll lose some of these ridiculous clubs and societies that people only set up to talk about in these situations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Lol what have you done to make your record less than squeaky clean?

The only problem I have is the ability to find and fall through almost every crack in the system (sometimes intentionally, other not). I don't even have a personal tutor anymore.

That sounds awesome though, bit late for UROP but then so am I seeing as I didn't get what I wanted and then wasn't in the mood to apply for just ANY group...So I am going to spend some of the summer teaching probably (then maybe some phlebing I haven't decided)
    Heh a few things, had a tribunal in first year regarding some naughty business, several talks with laycock in the second about attendance and am currently ranked (joint) dead last based on e-lecture quiz performance in the third - not something I'm proud of, quite gutted actually, but it didn't stop me getting distinctions in both years and I don't feel it will influence my quality as a doctor/academic in the future.

I'm already involved in UROP and have been since the summer after year 1 (I applied really late and got lucky, so keep trying!) - I've done quite a bit research wise, and now want to fill out my CV some more in other ways like teaching. Any other ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzcat)
    Heh a few things, had a tribunal in first year regarding some naughty business, several talks with laycock in the second about attendance and am currently ranked (joint) dead last based on e-lecture quiz performance in the third - not something I'm proud of, quite gutted actually, but it didn't stop me getting distinctions in both years and I don't feel it will influence my quality as a doctor/academic in the future.

I'm already involved in UROP and have been since the summer after year 1 (I applied really late and got lucky, so keep trying!) - I've done quite a bit research wise, and now want to fill out my CV some more in other ways like teaching. Any other ideas?
    Naughty naughty. My greatest reprimand has been talking in lectures (and being a thorn in the side of the FEO with my ability to fall through every crack in the system, sometimes deliberately but mainly them :p:).

Bah I didn't get the one I wanted so am now sulking :p: plus I am going to be doing a teaching placement for 3 weeks over the summer and am then going to take the rest off/work at a practice doing phleb work/audits I think UROP will have to wait till next year...

Teaching wise you were going to set up those tutorials wern't you? any luck? I am happy to help. I am not sure if what I am doing over the sill have summer is still recruiting but look at imperial outreach...might still have some places (basically teaching for 3 weeks in a secondary school)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzcat)

Is laycock the endocrinology don? If so, having met him many a time, what a hero! ...tribunal, sounds like a perpetrator of war crimes :rofl:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I've passed my OSCE And somehow managed to get full marks on BLS, even though I thought it went so badly. Full marks on consultation skills too, but UEA is famed for being good at that

ReputationRep:
    SSC passed with 83%, rather chuffed with that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    I've passed my OSCE And somehow managed to get full marks on BLS, even though I thought it went so badly. Full marks on consultation skills too, but UEA is famed for being good at that
    Well done pet.

ReputationRep:
    Trainwreck OSCE.

ReputationRep:
    I've done a small (3 minute) blog on the rise on tuition fees for the TSR blogging panel. The rises will obviously mean quite remarkable fees for future undergraduates, and will hit medical students especially hard. If you wish to take a look please feel free, any debate and discussion on there would be great. The link is in my signature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    Congrats I get my exam results on Monday, and I am not feeling confident!:confused:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Andrew_)
    Congrats I get my exam results on Monday, and I am not feeling confident!:confused:
    I am sure you'll have done just fine I seem to be stuck in quartile B at the moment, so I'm aiming for A quartile at some point!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody.)
    I've done a small (3 minute) blog on the rise on tuition fees for the TSR blogging panel. The rises will obviously mean quite remarkable fees for future undergraduates, and will hit medical students especially hard. If you wish to take a look please feel free, any debate and discussion on there would be great. The link is in my signature.
    Lol is your voice really that deep? Daymn I feel like a girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Lol is your voice really that deep? Daymn I feel like a girl
    I am quite renowned for having a deep (and sadly monotonous) voice, I was also slightly ill when I made that so that may have accentuated things. I'm intrigued to hear yours for comparison!

ReputationRep:
    I am quite renowned for having a deep (and sadly monotonous) voice, I was also slightly ill when I made that so that may have accentuated things. I'm intrigued to hear yours for comparison!
    Is Huntley street still open? :p:
    I've not been in central for 2 years now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Is Huntley street still open? :p:
    I've not been in central for 2 years now
    Not the cause of my deep voice/illness but yes it is, it's closing at the end of this year though. I know nothing about clinical placements, but isn't it odd that none of them have been at UCH? Or do you rotate around the Free, Whit and UCH each year of clinics?

ReputationRep:
    tl;dr tl;dl?

ReputationRep:
    motivation to get out of bed: 0

ReputationRep:
    Not the cause of my deep voice/illness but yes it is, it's closing at the end of this year though. I know nothing about clinical placements, but isn't it odd that none of them have been at UCH? Or do you rotate around the Free, Whit and UCH each year of clinics?
    I've done one year of clinics - you spend your time at 2 of the three main sites.
    I did RF and Whit

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling completely overwhelmed from just being back a week; there just seems to be so much to know for cardiovascular and musco-skeletal!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.