The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
:colondollar: Well I've never come across that acronym before :p: (I never even looked at London unis)

Although (not helping matters) I always thought that Royal Free was Barts :confused:

I think I should just shut up now :ninja:

Royal Free = :yucky:

Barts And The London ---> The Royal London Hospital. :proud:

Original post by Jessaay!
Royal free, university college and middlesex medical students.

Even though the middlesex hasn't existed in god knows how long it still gets honorary mention :p:

Whatever.. pretty much the same thing. :colondollar:

Jealousy isn't attractive, young one.

There is no jealousy miss. :hand:
Royal free, university college and middlesex medical students.

Even though the middlesex hasn't existed in god knows how long it still gets honorary mention :p:

I mean, have we never shouted middle, middle, middle, sex, sex, sex, at you? :hand:

But there are still UCL students out in Middlesex at the RNOH, aren't there?
Original post by Becca-Sarah
But there are still UCL students out in Middlesex at the RNOH, aren't there?

Yes indeed, but The Middlesex in the name (as far as I know) referred to the Middlesex hospital (which, according to wikipedia, was closed in 2005 and demolished in 2008). :frown:
Reply 803
Original post by win2kpro
Royal Free = :yucky:

Barts And The London ---> The Royal London Hospital. :proud:

Saw this in the news recently. Sad times.
Reply 804
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
RUMS? :confused:

Am I being really dumb?
RFUCkMS!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Woody.

Sad times indeed. Luckily it's mainly nursing jobs being cut ehh? :mmm:
Reply 806
Original post by Renal
RFUCkMS!

Relentlessly Fantastic University College Kicks Mary's School? :confused:
Reply 807
We had a mock exam that I came out of thinking it was alright, and if I'd revised it would have been fine...

Then we got the model answers. Apparently you don't make a point for each available mark now, oh no, cos each point is only worth 0.5 marks :p:

SIGH.

I do not like this 'we think you should revise as you go along so we give you no study leave logic'. I HAVE NO TIME TO REVISE
Original post by lekky
We had a mock exam that I came out of thinking it was alright, and if I'd revised it would have been fine...

Then we got the model answers. Apparently you don't make a point for each available mark now, oh no, cos each point is only worth 0.5 marks :p:

SIGH.

I do not like this 'we think you should revise as you go along so we give you no study leave logic'. I HAVE NO TIME TO REVISE

If you use your time efficiently, without TSR, you would have time to revise. :p:

:getmecoat:
Reply 809
If you use your time efficiently, without TSR, you would have time to revise. :p:

:sigh:

Also if Grey's anatomy, the tudors and silent witness featured less heavily.

Ano ano but when I am complaining I don't like people to point these things out, 'k? :p:

I guess what I mean is when I've done PBL all thursday & friday, coursework all saturday afternoon & sunday, I want to have sunday evening to see the boy or just do nothing, not revise, :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by lekky
:sigh:

Also if Grey's anatomy, the tudors and silent witness featured less heavily.

Ano ano but when I am complaining I don't like people to point these things out, 'k? :p:

I guess what I mean is when I've done PBL all thursday & friday, coursework all saturday afternoon & sunday, I want to have sunday evening to see the boy or just do nothing, not revise, :frown:

Uh oh, Grey's anatomy and House for me. :adore:

Lool! :naughty:

Ok so, you mentioned Thursday, friday, saturday and sunday... What about Monday, tuesday and wednesday huh? You could do all the revision required then! :colone:
Original post by Woody.

How do they expect to staff the MEGA HOSPITAL extension by laying people off?
(probably a very close minded look at the issues and how the transition into the extension will take place but what the hell)

P.S. I finished reading to kill a mockingbird last night, and unless you quoted it from there, "Per Ardua ad Astra" features in the book :p: quite the coincidence!
RUMS = Royal Free and University College Medical School (UCL Medical School)

I expected better of you man :wink:
I mean, have we never shouted middle, middle, middle, sex, sex, sex, at you? :hand:

Winter Regatta comes to mind :p:
Original post by JordanCarroll
I expected better of you man :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UCL_Medical_School

I blame wiki, I though I could trust it. :emo:

Winter Regatta comes to mind :p:

:proud:

At least it's a bit better than the ICSM one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UCL_Medical_School

I blame wiki, I though I could trust it. :emo:

RUMS is technically the name of our union so it's not officially the name of the school, as far as I know. Especially not now it's been changed to simply "UCL medical school". I mean, who likes UCL?
RUMS is technically the name of our union so it's not officially the name of the school, as far as I know. Especially not now it's been changed to simply "UCL medical school". I mean, who likes UCL?

Thanks for the info, fellow medical student. :shifty:

Ouch, that change of name must hurt. - It would be such a sad day, if that day would ever come when Barts and the London changes it name to QMUL medical school. :nooo:
Thanks for the info, fellow medical student. :shifty:

Ouch, that change of name must hurt. - It would be such a sad day, if that day would ever come when Barts and the London changes it name to QMUL medical school. :nooo:

I don't get the fellow medical student gibe :frown:

We actually did call you Queen mary once after we beat you in a race. It was accidental, but I think they took offense. Whoopsie daisy, double burn. :colondollar: :biggrin:

EDIT: I really need to stop procrastinating :frown: at the moment I think I might have the same level of knowledge as the average barts student. Not good.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 819
How do they expect to staff the MEGA HOSPITAL extension by laying people off?
(probably a very close minded look at the issues and how the transition into the extension will take place but what the hell)

To be honest, there are a lot of things I'm wondering along those lines too, just in general (i.e. here).

P.S. I finished reading to kill a mockingbird last night, and unless you quoted it from there, "Per Ardua ad Astra" features in the book :p: quite the coincidence!

I didn't know that! It's the motto of the RAF, which is where I got it from. How does it fit into the book?

Latest