KPMG School Leavers Scheme - One question for people with experience? Watch

justsamjustsam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mitul_10)
hey sorry just saw this now! i got mine next week... omg how did yours go? what happened? if you could pm with details about it, it would be more than greatky appreciated. thanks. hope your interview went well btw good luck! any reply about passing it?
When they invite you to the interview they give you a list of the behaviours there looking for and all the questions that come up around those are on the kpmg website just have a couple examplesfor each one and tell it in a story format, the interviews are very relaxed and just prepare!
mitul_10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
oh ok right thanks. have you done yours? did they ask any surprisin issues and do you have to research about any news articles?
MVashi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hey sorry just saw this now! i got mine next week... omg how did yours go? what happened? if you could pm with details about it, it would be more than greatky appreciated. thanks. hope your interview went well btw good luck! any reply about passing it?
Yeah it went great! it was very informal, it was just a chat about the core competencies.

I got an email the next day saying I got through and I have my final interview next week :s Any tips would be greatly appreciated as I don't know what to expect.

Any Qs add me on Skype : mv02xxx and I will be more than happy to help.
mitul_10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MVashi)
Yeah it went great! it was very informal, it was just a chat about the core competencies.

I got an email the next day saying I got through and I have my final interview next week :s Any tips would be greatly appreciated as I don't know what to expect.

Any Qs add me on Skype : mv02xxx and I will be more than happy to help.
oh wow that good to hear. congrats gd luck for the last stage! ive got my first interview in a couple of days any tips? did they only ask you questions on the competencies in the email you received? unfortunately i dont have skype lol any social sites or email? inbox me if you want great thanks!
MVashi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
oh wow that good to hear. congrats gd luck for the last stage! ive got my first interview in a couple of days any tips? did they only ask you questions on the competencies in the email you received? unfortunately i dont have skype lol any social sites or email? inbox me if you want great thanks!
Facebook: Milan Vashi
Twitter: @xMilanV

Hmu
asin17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I got my offer! So happy
If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me
Jeeves_90
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi everybody (Dr Nick lol)..... I know its a bit late in the day but am I still able to apply for this now....Ive got my A level grades already and all my university offers (on gap year) would this programme still be open to me at this stage ?
no1_titch
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jeeves_90)
Hi everybody (Dr Nick lol)..... I know its a bit late in the day but am I still able to apply for this now....Ive got my A level grades already and all my university offers (on gap year) would this programme still be open to me at this stage ?
Yes but they is only a few locations left, see this page: http://jobs.kpmgcareers.co.uk/go/Sch...paign=SLP_2011
pjp1993
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hello all,

I have my first round interview in London on Wednesday (after a month of waiting for a date) and am just looking for some advice really. I've been to the GetAhead session so I have some kind of idea what they are looking for; I think.

Can I ask whether it is purely on the key competencies, or will they test your general business knowledge as well.

As it is roughly an hour long, will there be numerous situations for each competency needed, or do they just extend the questioning on the example uo give them?

Thanks in advance
MVashi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by pjp1993)
hello all,

I have my first round interview in London on Wednesday (after a month of waiting for a date) and am just looking for some advice really. I've been to the GetAhead session so I have some kind of idea what they are looking for; I think.

Can I ask whether it is purely on the key competencies, or will they test your general business knowledge as well.

As it is roughly an hour long, will there be numerous situations for each competency needed, or do they just extend the questioning on the example uo give them?

Thanks in advance
No business knowledge is required and all of the competencies are tested (except for Awareness Of business Opportunities lol ;-) )

Good Luck Anyway
BASEjump
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have a partner interview coming soon and I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips?
Also, I think that in the past there were group exercises but nothing like that was mentioned by KPMG in their emails.
What is the analysis exercise? Is that just the e-tray exercise?

Thank you.
pjp1993
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No business knowledge is required and all of the competencies are tested (except for Awareness Of business Opportunities lol ;-) )

Good Luck Anyway
Thanks man, I got my email a few days ago inviting me to the second round interview so I'm pretty happy about this!

Have you got any advice for the second interview?
Have you got an offer? If so, what Uni/Office?
SRaza94
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi guys!!!
first of all congrats to people who have received an offer, and good luck to people in the interview process!

I have my first interview coming up in a week and i was wondering if people could help on examples of question for competencies, especially delivering quality and driving collaboration
any help would be IMMENSELY appreciated!!!
MVashi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks man, I got my email a few days ago inviting me to the second round interview so I'm pretty happy about this!

Have you got any advice for the second interview?
Have you got an offer? If so, what Uni/Office?
Good luck !

The only thing that i can say is to be confident about the core competencies. that is it basically :-P

Yeah i got my offer for Birmingham/Birmingham :-)

Where have you applied to ?
pjp1993
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Good luck !

The only thing that i can say is to be confident about the core competencies. that is it basically :-P

Yeah i got my offer for Birmingham/Birmingham :-)

Where have you applied to ?
Thanks man, I'll make sure I give them more practice then!

well done- I bet you're really happy with that.

I've gone for Durham and Canary Wharf
SRaza94
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
so...i have my first interview tomorrow!!
any tips guys/girls???!!!!
pjp1993
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SRaza94)
so...i have my first interview tomorrow!!
any tips guys/girls???!!!!
sorry, I've only just seen this- if you'd have read up a few posts there was enough info for you though!

How did it go? Which office/Uni?
SRaza94
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
yeah thanks i checked a few pages which were helpful.
i've passed the first round interview!!!
b'ham and london office
just got the email today!
quoo22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks man, I'll make sure I give them more practice then!

well done- I bet you're really happy with that.

I've gone for Durham and Canary Wharf
Hey how did your partner interview go? Heard anything yet? I've gone for the same combination as you
SRaza94
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hey, guys just wanted to know if kpmg send further information regarding the second round interview?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (520)
80.62%
Leave (125)
19.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise