POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
street.lovin'
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think I need to know more about his death,too. It is really strange. It has been a while since noone mention his name on news, and then BAM he is now dead. Is there any link to website or video that will help in answering this question? I think there needs to be more transparency in this issue. How can we be so sure that it is him when his body is already completely disposed in the sea. Surely, he is dead it doesnt really matter where his body is kept. Why have to be in the sea straight away. This is just my opinion. Please enlighten me.
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor...bbotabad_Villa

Interesting link.
Lizzzle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lol @ Obama did nothing.

He stated in his campaign that finding Bin Laden dead or Alive was something his administration would do.

Of course he wasn't on the ground, gun in hand ready to blast OBL
But he authorised the order, he's clearly been keeping abreast with the situation
There were numerous of meetings held since August particularly several taking place in February.
To say he did nothing is clearly just being bitter and negative.
doggyfizzel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ussumane)
I though it was them who gave Obama's localization to the Americans?
No it was a Guantanamo detainee who gave them the name of his chief courier, who they then tracked, and found his residence which was far too large to be his own, and then worked out Osama lived there.

The residence is huge, people would be coming and going, and there are various reports of the local police assisting him. The pakistani government knew about his possible location on some level, the fact the US didn't inform anyone, not even the government of the country they were operating in, tells you they don't trust anyone, least of all the pakistani government.
R.B.G
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Manitude)
Something to do with islamic traditions and buying the body within 24 hours (historically to stop it decomposing in the heat of arabia I think)
I have lots of Muslim friends who knew nothing about this ritual and always bury their dead in some white sheets. They are Pakistani Muslims.

(Original post by Manitude)
If they didn't follow the tradition then presumably it would anger his followers because they're not showing him respect.
I think shooting him dead will anger his followers tbh.
M1F2R3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was just talking to my flatmate about this...
There is something not right about the American claims; if Bin Laden had been killed there would be video footage of his entire body rather than one leaked photograph (if there is footage, I'm surprised it hasn't been released).

Spoiler:
Show
... Dodgy
rugbyladosc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
they took his DNA and they have DNA of family records to cross reference it. Just gotta wait for the results..
WhuTom
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
02 May 1998: The Battle of Hogwarts. Voldemort confirmed dead.

02 May 2011: War on Terror. Osama bin Laden confirmed dead.

Coincidence I think not. Well done Harry.
Delaney
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It is Islamic tradition to bury the body within 24 hours. The Americans asked the Saudis to take the body but they refused. I imagine they buried him at see to prevent his grave from becoming a shrine.
mir3a
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:iiam:
Dekota-XS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lizzzle)
Sky news: Media reports suggest that there are photographs of the body that are due to be released
Undoubtedly counterfeits that they are in the process of creating and releasing.

If I take a picture of something, it takes me 30 seconds to upload it on the net to show everyone. If the US officials encounter the world's most wanted terrorist, it takes them 2-3 days to 'release' pictures of it. Something fishy.
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by manchild007)
I'm just in a WTF state-of-mind right now; what will the implications be? Good, bad?

Is Obama a dead-cert for 2012 now (I don't think so in my opinion)? Crowds have gathered rather quickly in front of the White House and the Twin Tower sites too; rightly, I assume it shall be quite a jovial atmosphere in the US today...

Source - BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256676)

Summary;

lies
Carnivores
Badges: 1
Report 7 years ago
Interesting.
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by WhuTom)
02 May 1998: The Battle of Hogwarts. Voldemort confirmed dead.

02 May 2011: Osama bin Laden confirmed dead.

Coincidence I think not. Well done Harry.
Well.. it was May 1st :rolleyes:

Hitler was announced dead on may 1st too

(Original post by Dekota-XS)
Undoubtedly counterfeits that they are in the process of creating and releasing.

If I take a picture of something, it takes me 30 seconds to upload it on the net to show everyone. If the US officials encounter the world's most wanted terrorist, it takes them 2-3 days to 'release' pictures of it. Something fishy.
:facepalm:

1. Your an idiot.
2. You think (UK time) that from 4am to half 2 the next day is 2-3 days.. further proof your an idiot
Anita B. Studin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
how about another bank holiday?
baffled_mathman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by speedbird)
The real truth? Is there a false truth?
You dimwit...
Manitude
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by R.B.G)
I have lots of Muslim friends who knew nothing about this ritual and always bury their dead in some white sheets. They are Pakistani Muslims.

I think shooting him dead will anger his followers tbh.
It's a custom/tradition I've heard about before. They buried him at sea so that his body couldn't be found and turned into some sort of martyrdom shrine.
I agree it does sound suspicious but the only reason I can think of for burying him so quickly is what I mentioned just before (I should point out that it's not something I've just recently read on a news website!)

Yes, killing him was always going to anger his followers but they're trying to lessen the inevitable repercussions I expect. If they didn't care about the consequences then they might as well have put his head on a spike outside the tower of london or something like that. But doing something like that would clearly be unacceptable as it's extremely disrespectful.
Smtn
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by IFondledAGibbon)
NO! You look at the evidence presented and the credibility of the source to make a decision.

Exactly, the credibility of the source. Every single major worldwide news organisation is reporting this as fact, yet some students with tin foil hats on an irrelevant forum say the contrary.

Credibility indeed
HarryA
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by R.B.G)
THIS IS NOT ANOTHER CONSPIRACY THREAD

Video taken from BBC article

"It is now being widely reported that Osama Bin Laden's body has already been disposed of at sea"

Why have they disposed of his body so quickly? Isn't his body the only evidence that it is actually him they killed?
"A US official quoted by Associated Press news agency said Bin Laden's body had been buried at sea, although this has not been confirmed."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256676

It's odd that he was buried at sea. What about all the Taliban soldiers who are killed - I doubt they are buried in 24 hours? I dunno. Given time, photos will be released and his dead body will be confirmed.
Filth
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
jihad it coming.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (356)
37.59%
No - but I will (74)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (66)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (451)
47.62%

Watched Threads