Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

It Polls for Thee: Secretary General Election Time! watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for your preferred SG. YOU HAVE SEVEN DAYS.
    Nightowl
    60.00%
    Wootcannon
    6.67%
    Brimstone
    30.00%
    Ahmed
    0%
    ABSTAIN
    3.33%

ReputationRep:
    Agent, if there was ever a time to vote on something as an SG, now if the time. Nightowl put up the carrot thread :p:

EDIT, this post is the 800th reply in this topic

ReputationRep:
    What, you reckon we'll scare them off with our sheer cliquey weirdness? The pretty high rate of new applications suggests otherwise! Now all I need to do is get all the new bugs to stay. Hmm. Somebody fetch me a big jar of generic sweeties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smith)
    Oh, probably, but what I meant was that I'm not going to be so bothered who the SG is, as long as the MUN doesn't actually curl up and die.

Actually, yes, I will be active in the next MUN, because I have a wager to win with Nightowl. SOMEBODY didn't think I was serious about representing the International Seabed Authority. :p:
    International Seabed Authority :wtf?:
    Is that real?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it has observer status in the UN

ReputationRep:
    We must get all these newbies to stay, and be active. They are so fluffy and lovely that they NEED to stay :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightowl)
    Yes, it has observer status in the UN
    It really does? I hadn't checked yet.

Get in.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you can write to Office of the Permanent Observer for the International Seabed Authority to the United Nations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnaChance)
    We must get all these newbies to stay, and be active. They are so fluffy and lovely that they NEED to stay :p:
    Well, we need to have what the football and cricket powers-that-be call "grassroots investment". When we lose the likes of Beekeeper, Kondar, Vienna, Carl and others - or if our current active members should feel the need to leave - we need people to fill their shoes. In short: We need to brainwash as many TSR peeps as possible into becoming slaves to the MUN.

Oh, sorry, Evil Society mode there. Plug plug.

ReputationRep:
    If the International Seabed Authority thing falls through Agent, why don't you go in the election for the country of whoever wins the SG poll? The way things are currently shaping you could apply for ********* (Blots out because Agent doesn't want to know the Votes)

ReputationRep:
    Making the last sentence completely useless? :p:

ReputationRep:
    But what do the Seabed people do?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    They talk about the seabed. And if Agent because their rep, kicks China's ****.

ReputationRep:
    Are they any other odd observing authorities that people can represent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnaChance)
    If the International Seabed Authority thing falls through Agent, why don't you go in the election for the country of whoever wins the SG poll? The way things are currently shaping you could apply for ********* (Blots out because Agent doesn't want to know the Votes)
    I might. On the other hand, I might revert to what I did in the first incarnation of the MUN, namely: pick a teeny-tiny country and be disproportionately loud and shouty and annoy all the big countries.

For example: as Monaco, I was accused of imperialism by China. Those were the days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyP)
    Are they any other odd observing authorities that people can represent?
    Plenty, but I can't seem to find the list of them. Palestine, the Vatican and the Sea Bed are all I can remember, which isn't greatly helpful.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

I believe JonathanH used the same tactic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddylad)
    But what do the Seabed people do?:confused:
    Swim around aimlessly and occasionally sink ships, or invade coastal towns to carry off the women.

EDIT: Just in case anyone is wondering, this is NOT a covert attempt by me to get Atlantis represented in the United Nations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightowl)
    :rofl:

I believe JonathanH used the same tactic.
    Yes, but at least the opinions he expressed as Micronesia were actually pretty accurate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smith)
    Swim around aimlessly and occasionally sink ships, or invade coastal towns to carry off the women.

I had my suspisions :p:

ReputationRep:
    You mean Monaco isn't imperialist?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.