Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prideauxa)
    Ahh just not a very nice lady who pretty much gave me a research scientist interview and not much else! Have you had one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really?!? That's so unfair ... And yeah I had mine in November - I thought in mine they didn't push me enough!! and it was only 10 mins long!!! So I'm worried - how long was yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanb)
    my interview wasn't great. i had a man and a woman. the man cut me off after every sentence and would spring a new question on me so i never got to really answer a question.
    I feel the same, so gutted about how badly it went, the questions were genuinely weird😔 nothing I expected so that threw me off. Didn't help that the interviewers kept cutting me off. Wahhhh really loved Liverpool aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by mariam.therese)
    I feel the same, so gutted about how badly it went, the questions were genuinely weird😔 nothing I expected so that threw me off. Didn't help that the interviewers kept cutting me off. Wahhhh really loved Liverpool aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I only had questions on my volunteering and teamwork and why I liked Liverpool!!! Sounds like they asked different people very different things

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotteallan95)
    I only had questions on my volunteering and teamwork and why I liked Liverpool!!! Sounds like they asked different people very different things

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that's so weird.. I went on an impression that I got from this thread that's why weird questions were so shocking. Ah well. Guess we've got to hope for the best 😖

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by mariam.therese)
    Yeah that's so weird.. I went on an impression that I got from this thread that's why weird questions were so shocking. Ah well. Guess we've got to hope for the best

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah im so surprised to hear they asked horrid questions! my interview was very relaxed...i had one at bsms and it was disgusting so liverpool was a relief! Im sure we all did better than we thought good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stotttyy)
    Really?!? That's so unfair ... And yeah I had mine in November - I thought in mine they didn't push me enough!! and it was only 10 mins long!!! So I'm worried - how long was yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh really! Seems like there's been a real mix, suppose it just depends on the interviewers! :/ mine was 15-20 mins long!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopDoc)
    Thanks, but im pretty sure it went bad. I just completely blanked on ethics, I think I perhaps over-complicated things and got all muddled up. Good luck if you are yet to interview though!
    I think you probably nervous and that might have got you a little disorientated :/ The interviewers (hopefully!) should take into account that you're probably nervous and the fact that you "overcomplicated" things is probably better than over-simplifying them. At least you've shown that you can think in a complex way and, hopefully, they'll account for your muddling up as nerves Thank you!!! Still waiting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student 1)
    For people with interviews: on the work experience form they only have 3 spaces for work experience, but I've mentioned more in my personal statement so shall I just copy and paste the 'organisation name/address/etc' for as many as I need? Also, this sounds stupid but did you hand write or type the form? I have hand written in capitals so its clearer, as can't type it unless I change their formatting?
    I copied and pasted and added on the other one I'd mentioned. Just to be safe I figured that was the best way to go about it. They didn't say that was wrong when I gave it to them so should be okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How are interviews going guys? Did you feel that you got unexpected questions at your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mubashir9995)
    How are interviews going guys? Did you feel that you got unexpected questions at your interview?
    The so called nice interview didn't happen for me, felt like an interigation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richyp22)
    The so called nice interview didn't happen for me, felt like an interigation.
    Wow, mine was different. They were nice but the interview was definitely not 'traditional', got some really weird questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Seems like the later interviews were a lot tougher than the earlier ones before Christmas ....hmmmm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But I don't they'd make it that different, the interview is semi-structured so they must cover the topics they mentioned in admissions ???

ReputationRep:
    People interviewed in the morning: did you stay for the tour? If so was there a place to wait? I have a couple of hours in between my interview and the tour..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student 1)
    People interviewed in the morning: did you stay for the tour? If so was there a place to wait? I have a couple of hours in between my interview and the tour..
    You can just stay in the interview waiting area, or go to madison's cafe in the sherrington building across the road and come back for the tour.

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview back in November. Two women interviewed me..one was enthusiastic and smiled, the other kept a poker face but I didn't let that bother me. It was quite relaxed but I guess I'll have to wait till march to see if I've got an offer 😩

ReputationRep:
    are interviews still being given out

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview in early dec - On one question at the beginning I started answering the wrong thing and had to be steered back onto the question, does anyone know whether this is going to have a big negative impact on my interview score?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fadi.)
    are interviews still being given out
    I am wondering the same thing...i still havent heard anything ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Super Girl)
    I am wondering the same thing...i still havent heard anything ..
    I haven't either

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.