Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muf_mur)
    i actually am really struggling..i have to motivate myself on a daily basis..some days just go without me doing ANY revision.
    It's really hard to motivate oneself. I guess setting targets or setting a timetable works (if you stick to it aha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kendellex)
    It's really hard to motivate oneself. I guess setting targets or setting a timetable works (if you stick to it aha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah its really hard..this speech really helped:-

ReputationRep:
    How seriously is everyone taking mocks? I have 5 pieces of coursework to write for this month (just handed 3 other pieces in), and mocks are just at the back of my mind right now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by appleduck)
    How seriously is everyone taking mocks? I have 5 pieces of coursework to write for this month (just handed 3 other pieces in), and mocks are just at the back of my mind right now!
    My mocks were before Christmas and I did nothing. Literally nothing. It's hard to take them seriously when you have more important stuff to do. I guess as long as you know you will do okay in your actual exams you don't have to worry about them. Last year I got ABCE in my mocks and actually got AAAB in my real exams aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j1F...e_gdata_player

ReputationRep:
    6 hours on saturdays and 4 on sundays and 2 on weekdays.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muf_mur)
    i actually am really struggling..i have to motivate myself on a daily basis..some days just go without me doing ANY revision.

I want to be able to do more revision but at our college we are bombarded wit so MUCH homework (typically 2 hours worth per subject a week, and im doing four) by the time all that is done I don't have the motivation, or the time. I desperately want to revise and it's seriously getting close to the exams now, but I cannot start properly because the teachers are so relentless with setting homework.

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone counting the 6th form/college day as revision? Of not I can't believe people are doing any more then 2 hours a day! Crazy stuff!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I count time at sixth form as revision only if it is for History or Geography and is either extra reading related to lessons, typing up course notes or homework. If it is for English or is work I have to catch up on I don't count it.

ReputationRep:
    Zero. 15 exams to go. Yep, I'm dead.

ReputationRep:
    As of right now just 1 hour every Saturday of MathsWatch, but from April that will increase to 4 hours a day (with 5 hours a day on Saturday including the continuation of my MathsWatch revision).

ReputationRep:
    None at the moment I have no motivation to study

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    As of right now just 1 hour every Saturday of MathsWatch, but from April that will increase to 4 hours a day (with 5 hours a day on Saturday including the continuation of my MathsWatch revision).
    What is mathsWatch? Everyone seems to be taking about it on here at the minute

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    What is mathsWatch? Everyone seems to be taking about it on here at the minute

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's a disc of video clips for self-teaching yourself and revising GCSE Maths, covers the whole syllabus for almost all exam boards.

It's basically like those Maths GCSE videos you find on YouTube, except I find MathsWatch A LOT better because it's gives you the simple, straightforward solutions to answering the questions with no fuss or unnecessary thrills. It's also a bonus that everything is just there and easy to find, categorised by grade, easy to understand and much more clearer than any YouTube videos I've come across.

I'm sure their website can give a better description than I can. http://www.mathswatch.co.uk/
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It's a disc of video clips for self-teaching yourself and revising GCSE Maths, covers the whole syllabus for almost all exam boards.

It's basically like those Maths GCSE videos you find on YouTube, except I find MathsWatch A LOT better because it's gives you the simple, straightforward solutions to answering the questions with no fuss or unnecessary thrills. It's also a bonus that everything is just there and easy to find, categorised by grade, easy to understand and much more clearer than any YouTube videos I've come across.

I'm sure their website can give a better description than I can. http://www.mathswatch.co.uk/
    Cool, thanks! I'm doing A levels, I was just interested to know what it was all about I guess for now I'll just have to stick to examsolutions where they cover it...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Reading this thread, I should probably start soon. Tried a few times but haven't got into it properly yet

ReputationRep:
    If you're still struggling to motivate yourself to study then read this:

http://fizzle.co/sparkline/motivation

I'm feeling quite positive and motivated after reading, if you need someone to motivate you to work then feel free to DM me
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Enough... I hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Cool, thanks! I'm doing A levels, I was just interested to know what it was all about I guess for now I'll just have to stick to examsolutions where they cover it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I knew you did, sorry if my description sounded like I was talking to you as a fellow GCSE student (if that's a bad thing, I'm unsure), I was saying it in a more generalised definition-type of way.

I chose Maths A-Level and can't wait to start the course next year, wooop.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I knew you did, sorry if my description sounded like I was talking to you as a fellow GCSE student (if that's a bad thing, I'm unsure), I was saying it in a more generalised definition-type of way.

I chose Maths A-Level and can't wait to start the course next year, wooop.
    Sorry I was getting confused! It's good, you'll enjoy it! What else are you taking?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.