Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    yep, the rendezvous at a particular times is best if you're going shopping or (as we went) the theme parks
    exactly. We did that when going shopping but with museums and stuff certain things were irritating as hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    Very good! Thanks so much to do so much to see
    Glad you had fun, the thing about the German boys is a bit weird...

ReputationRep:
    goodnight:sleep::wavey:
    :hat2: goodnight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    Glad you had fun, the thing about the German boys is a bit weird...
    Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    Indeed.
    It's a slightly new way of giving first impressions, but maybe that's how people like to meet people in Germany.

ReputationRep:
    Leaving a Italia tomorrow :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    Leaving a Italia tomorrow :pierre:
    Hey! Have fun ^_^ and practise some Italian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    It's a slightly new way of giving first impressions, but maybe that's how people like to meet people in Germany.
    I doubt it's the country's general method of meeting new people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Hey! Have fun ^_^ and practise some Italian
    Nah.

Ich will romanischen Sprachen nicht lernen :hand:

ReputationRep:
    How did I get here?

Name:  Desmond.png
Views: 51
Size:  15.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bi0)
    how did i get here?

Name:  Desmond.png
Views: 51
Size:  15.3 KB
    desmond the moonbear!

ReputationRep:
    omg 41 pages already? also, what happened to the profiling stuff in the OP? Mango??? liking the chosen gif though, yes

(Original post by EduWiz)
    Anyway since you're good at maths how would you draw the graph of
    x2 + y2 = 4
    isn't that just a circle of radius 2 about the origin?

(Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    Another idea I shamelessly stole borrowed from last year. They had their own award ceremony . I was wondering if any of you would be interested in doing one too?

Last year's awards were:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Thread King
    Thread Queen
    Best overall Humanities student
    Best overall Sciences student
    Agoraphobic - member who spends way too much time on the thread:
    Biggest Grammar Nazi
    Kindest member
    Funniest member
    Most helpful member
    Best twins
    Member most likely to go to Oxbridge
    Most random member
    Member who makes you smile the most
    Happiest member
    Jesus Christ Award (member resurrected from the dead)
    Nerdiest member
    Member most likely to have a life outside TSR
    Most modest member
    Most Arrogant member
    Most Obsessed Member (could be with anything - film, celebrity, TV show, sport - whatever!)
    Member the thread could not live without
    Member most likely to be rich and famous
    Top Physicist
    Top Chemist
    Top Biologist
    Top Mathematician

We could always add/remove a few to personalise it a bit. I'll happily organise it (which means I'll have to be left out of nominations but oh well ). Thoughts?

Proposed Additions
    Best Invader (member from outside Year 11)
    LEEEEEEEEEEEROY JENKINS Award (member most likely to do stupid stuff )
    I second this idea, but like I can see more than one person being it for loads of categories :P also, do you know whats happening with that year 11 zoo/animals thing?

(Original post by MrGoogle)
    To anyone doing/has done A-Level Maths, I'm doing D1. It's awful.:banghead:
    AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA I sit in on a 6th form lesson where they teach that, and omg the teacher is so disheartened by the sheer dullness. there's always a succession of groans around the class :/

(Original post by Elm Tree)
    My hair grows too quickly
    that was lovely and random :')

What grades are you guys aiming for in GCSE's?
    10A*, 4A, 1B... but that's like best outcome, most likely 6A*, 7A, 1B :P

I just do Astronomy Club.. I've managed to make it cool. Since I joined the club, members have tripled and a girl has joined. :eek:
    because the participation of girls is the measure of how cool something is :cool:

wow all these posts haha, I apologise... also it seems I can't 'enter' for a new para on tsr? idk but erm, I have to stay up to ring my friend to wake her up cos shes on that humanities easter school in Cambridge, and she went to bed late=not likely to get up without help, fun times... but she says shell repay me by taking notes in the philosophy lecture, so im waiting on that ey... and omg I haven't/won't been able to do ANY revision this holl because there is too much going on, man im gonna cry.... ugh I need to sleep
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by tara8000)
    x
    I put all these in one post for you. For future reference, beside the quote button is a button with speech bubbles and a plus. This is the multi-quote: use it when you want to reply to multiple people at the same time, and then just put your replies between each person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    I put all these in one post for you. For future reference, beside the quote button is a button with speech bubbles and a plus. This is the multi-quote: use it when you want to reply to multiple people at the same time, and then just put your replies between each person.
    AH thank you its just they were all on different pages and didn't know how to use it in that situation thanks again
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    AH thank you its just they were all on different pages and didn't know how to use it in that situation thanks again
    If you click multi-quote over all the pages, then click the proper "reply" button, then they should all be there.
    I always think this is a bit of bother, though, so if it's only a couple of pages I just copy and paste them together.

So is your friend awake yet!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    Nah.

Ich will romanischen Sprachen nicht lernen :hand:
    That means he doesn't learn romance languages I think (translate damnit! Trying to save you)

:hand: thought you were learning Italian! ---> Penso che imparavo (imperfect btw, can't remember) l'italiano!

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it's the country's general method of meeting new people
    So do I, hopefully they were just an exception!

ReputationRep:
    omg 41 pages already? also, what happened to the profiling stuff in the OP? Mango??? liking the chosen gif though, yes

isn't that just a circle of radius 2 about the origin?

I second this idea, but like I can see more than one person being it for loads of categories :P also, do you know whats happening with that year 11 zoo/animals thing?

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA I sit in on a 6th form lesson where they teach that, and omg the teacher is so disheartened by the sheer dullness. there's always a succession of groans around the class :/

that was lovely and random :')

10A*, 4A, 1B... but that's like best outcome, most likely 6A*, 7A, 1B :P

because the participation of girls is the measure of how cool something is :cool:

wow all these posts haha, I apologise... also it seems I can't 'enter' for a new para on tsr? idk but erm, I have to stay up to ring my friend to wake her up cos shes on that humanities easter school in Cambridge, and she went to bed late=not likely to get up without help, fun times... but she says shell repay me by taking notes in the philosophy lecture, so im waiting on that ey... and omg I haven't/won't been able to do ANY revision this holl because there is too much going on, man im gonna cry.... ugh I need to sleep
    Yep thanks i know it now it's just my teacher never taught me this +you do 15 subjects:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    That means he doesn't learn romance languages I think (translate damnit! Trying to save you)

:hand: thought you were learning Italian! ---> Penso che imparavo (imperfect btw, can't remember) l'italiano!
    Romance languages are the sexiest things ever. If I could converse freely between English, Spanish, French and Italian thay would be insane. Spanish and Italian are very similar so it shouldn't be hell tp learn
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

We can have joint winners, it's fine.

I'm organising the zoo too :yep: Just PM me your drawings and tell me which font + colour you want your name to be on the title screen. Because of exams the deadline is end of June, but no worries if that's too soon, I can accept late entries.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.