ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightfusion)
    HAHHAHA THAT TADPOLE QUESTION

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Surface area to volume ratio?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChronicBoredom)
    Yeah! I loved that one and the insulin question. I mucked up the iron lung one though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't know we had to know about iron lungs until the evening before, so I revised it loads and I think it went ok - and I'm sure you'll have done fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Go ahead!

:reel:
    Sorry didn't reply earlier- went to sleep lol! Ok , so Unit 1-39/40 , Unit 2-37/40, Unit 3- 67/80, and Unit 4-57/60. Btw these are raw marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani97)
    Sorry didn't reply earlier- went to sleep lol! Ok , so Unit 1-39/40 , Unit 2-37/40, Unit 3- 67/80, and Unit 4-57/60. Btw these are raw marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Surely you know that's an A*?

ReputationRep:
    For those that did CCEA double award science the exams are now up on the ccea website apart from the biology paper but it should be up within a week or two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly648)
    Same! Hopefully the pure will bring up the marks for English we did, Of Mice and Men and then we also did An Inspector Calls, who knows how it will go!! Yeah I found Ethics okay! I think I remember choosing the War and Peace question and some other one which I cannot remember! Haha what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha yep! Oh cool, how'd you find the AIC section? I think I messed up that bit, only realised I'd chosen the question I liked least when I was about halfway through ha! I think I chose War&Peace too haha, and then maybe an abortion question? Not sure thoughh.. I hope it all goes well though!

(Original post by aasvogel)
    Yay! See you in next year's threads. I'm not sure if they do or not,but I would assume they wouldn't, or at least big it up like CCEA do :/.
    I was the same! It was my 4th exam technically, but the first 3 were language listenings too . I think I stressed myself out too much for it and did way more work than anyone else, but being sick?? I never stayed up any later than half!
    I'm not 100% sure, either English with French or Maths . What are you thinking of?
    Haha it'll be so much fun That's a shame :/
    Same! I couldn't understand how my friends were so chilled out about it, when I was terrified
    Yeahhh she's a bit of a nervous wreck when it comes to exams - with no reason though because she's really smart! Wasn't very helpful for me - she stressed me out before every exam haha She's the sort of person who'd cry if they got an A instead of an A*; she's a wee bit ridiculous but she's lovely despite all that
    Hmmmm let's see.. I might do Medicine/Natural Sciences/Chemistry/Biology/Maths.. I'm still really confused to be honest! Thought I was settled on medicine but I'm slowly changing my mind and now I'm just really confused. Hopefully I'l be able to sort myself out before I actually have to apply haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyh77)
    Haha yep! Oh cool, how'd you find the AIC section? I think I messed up that bit, only realised I'd chosen the question I liked least when I was about halfway through ha! I think I chose War&Peace too haha, and then maybe an abortion question? Not sure thoughh.. I hope it all goes well though!

Same! I couldn't understand how my friends were so chilled out about it, when I was terrified
    Yeahhh she's a bit of a nervous wreck when it comes to exams - with no reason though because she's really smart! Wasn't very helpful for me - she stressed me out before every exam haha She's the sort of person who'd cry if they got an A instead of an A*; she's a wee bit ridiculous but she's lovely despite all that
    Hmmmm let's see.. I might do Medicine/Natural Sciences/Chemistry/Biology/Maths.. I'm still really confused to be honest! Thought I was settled on medicine but I'm slowly changing my mind and now I'm just really confused. Hopefully I'l be able to sort myself out before I actually have to apply haha!
    That was it! Yes I chose the war and peace question and abortion, I don't know, I remember looking at the divorce and marriage questions but I didn't like the look of them so I'm kind of glad I picked those two questions! Ethics was so so much easier to revise than the unit I sat last year, it was great having no Bible passages to learn!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Surely you know that's an A*?
    Mmm... I'm not too sure about that as my teachers told me I'm on an A. Also my writing controlled assessment mark isn't great... I'll just have to see on the day but hopefully you are correct!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani97)
    Mmm... I'm not too sure about that as my teachers told me I'm on an A. Also my writing controlled assessment mark isn't great... I'll just have to see on the day but hopefully you are correct!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got...

Your exams are definitely full UMS...
    Your coursework, one is an A grade the other is A*, overall it'll be anA*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChronicBoredom)
    I'm sure you'll do fine. Any ideas on b3 grade boundaries??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, you too
    I'm not sure myself but I know people on here were discussing it, I think if you find the B3 unofficial mark scheme thread on here there were people who were posting their thoughts on the grade boundaries.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey at least I have met someone from roughly the same area! I thought that would never happen what a levels are you doing next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Look hard enough and you'll find . Searching for 'CCEA' in the search box around exam-time actually helped me find a couple of Northern Irish people, including one girl in my girlfriend's class haha.
    I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, French and English Lit! I really wanted to do Spanish as well, but it clashed with English . How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyh77)
    Should have mentioned I was talking about half 10 haha.
    I know! Everyone was so relaxed, just wanted it over with and asking why the hell I bothered doing any notes, never mind colour-coded ones along with flashcards! I didn't stress out myself haha, I always go through the papers right after the test so I know how I've done (I'm pretty sure of about 9 of my grades, and roughly what I've got mark wise too! :).
    It's kinda strange seeing how people change over the exam period, who works harder than you'd think and who doesn't!
    Ah so you're a Scientist then? I have a couple of friends who are gonna go down the medical route, but I'm completely torn between a Maths degree and English with French! Will have to decide this time next year, when I'll hopefully have a better idea of what I want to do job-wise! You any ideas of where you'd like to go to uni?

ReputationRep:
    Look hard enough and you'll find . Searching for 'CCEA' in the search box around exam-time actually helped me find a couple of Northern Irish people, including one girl in my girlfriend's class haha.
    I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, French and English Lit! I really wanted to do Spanish as well, but it clashed with English . How about you?
    That's a good idea actually I'll give it a try to see who else I can find! Did you do Spanish gcse? I did with AQA and I'm so sad I can't do it either! Good subject choices I'm doing maths, biology, chemistry and geography

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's a good idea actually I'll give it a try to see who else I can find! Did you do Spanish gcse? I did with AQA and I'm so sad I can't do it either! Good subject choices I'm doing maths, biology, chemistry and geography

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep I did, but I did it with CCEA! (did well in it too which makes it all the more frustrating )

I'm not a big Science fan, and after Unit 2 of Geography this year, I completely went off the subject! What are you thinking of doing later in the future? Medicine?

ReputationRep:
    Yep I did, but I did it with CCEA! (did well in it too which makes it all the more frustrating )

I'm not a big Science fan, and after Unit 2 of Geography this year, I completely went off the subject! What are you thinking of doing later in the future? Medicine?
    Well if I could get into medicine that would be amazing, but I'm trying not to set my heart on it too much because even the best people out there can struggle to get in. If not I would probably consider doing something with chemistry, what about you? Have you any ideas of what you want to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EXTREMEninja)
    Does anyone know when we get level 2 BTEC results? I've got my probable grade from the teachers, but when do the official results get sent to us? I assume it is the same day as exam results, but my teacher said something about getting them earlier...
    15th of August

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well if I could get into medicine that would be amazing, but I'm trying not to set my heart on it too much because even the best people out there can struggle to get in. If not I would probably consider doing something with chemistry, what about you? Have you any ideas of what you want to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Chemistry isn't second rate it's awesome... It's a degree I'd want to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iWoof)
    15th of August

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks mate.

ReputationRep:
    22nd August!!!!! Its 1 month and 1 day to results day!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, can anyone help me figure out what grade I will get for English language?
    I got a high A in the exam (106 ums - 108 was an A*), full marks in all the written controlled assessments but A's in the speaking controlled assessments.
    Am I more likely to get an A or A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.