Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Russia has a substantial Muslim population.
    Is it me or is it amazing that people do not know this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Doesn't mean that the attack has any religious motive, though. There's a myriad of reasons for why they might have done it.

ReputationRep:
    They've surrounded someone else, not the 19 year old. This is so confusing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edithwashere)
    Doesn't mean that the attack has any religious motive, though. There's a myriad of reasons for why they might have done it.
    For goodness sake. Muslims are behind a global terror campaign on a scale never seen before.

There isn't a single day that passes where there isn't a bomb going off.

Every other week another cell gets busted in the UK trying to mass murder British citizens.

And we have people like you on here making out like it's some unheard of event for Muslims to be responsible.

Statistically, Muslims are more likely to be involved in terrorism than every other religion COMBINED. Do you understand that? COMBINED.

ReputationRep:
    This surely will not end well? He's either going to kill himself before the police get to him, or he'll kill himself in style and take a few others out with him (possibly police).

Hoping we find out the motive behind all this :\

ReputationRep:
    wHAT WAS HIS MOTIVES?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I was taking the piss out of the people/person who was saying it's going to obviously be dirty Arabs called Muhammad and Ahmed.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ma-rt-9-window-cam

this is a working radio but I heard them saying earlier they are keeping chatter down to a minimum so people like us can't learn too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chindits)
    For goodness sake. Muslims are behind a global terror campaign on a scale never seen before.

Every other week another cell gets busted in the UK trying to mass murder British citizens.

And we have people like you on here making out like it's some unheard of event for Muslims to be responsible.

Statistically, Muslims are more likely to be involved in terrorism than every other religion COMBINED. Do you understand that? COMBINED.
    I know that. I never disputed that. But there is NO proof that this is religiously motivated, so frankly you're the one being stupid by making assumptions based upon your own bigotry. There's over a billion Muslims in the world, statistically any group of people that large is going to have bad eggs. Don't tar everyone with the same brush, it makes you look bad not them.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...sKpA7PR5F5Ecsw

Read this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    I was taking the piss out of the people/person who was saying it's going to obviously be dirty Arabs called Muhammad and Ahmed.
    It's Muslims like most of us non-apologists for terror thought it was.

Whether he comes from Arabia or Pakistan makes no difference.

White converts to Islam have been terrorists too.

This isn't about race, it's about the most violent, virulent, misogynistic, oppressive culture of death known as Islam.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Both of them are vile and repulsive. I, personally, don't consider them as being human.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I have spoken to several americans that scoffed at the idea that Russia was partly asian.
    Americans have a weird view of the big eastern and central chunk of Eurasia known as Asia:

- East Asians (anyone with slant eyes or low nose bridge to be honest) are 'Asians'

- Everything else is 'the Middle-East'

- The Middle-East is not in Asia.

- The Middle-East is not in Europe.

- The Middle-East is not in Africa.

- Yet the Middle-East is not its own continent, such an idea is laughably foolish to the point of hysterical denial.

- They seem to know that this is simply how they perceive Asia rather than it being factual, yet if YOU state this or agree, they will go ape **** and repeat all the above.

- Then they will tell you you just don't understand, moron.

- Especially if you yourself are Asian.

ReputationRep:
    It's Muslims like most of us non-apologists for terror thought it was.

This isn't about race, it's about the most violent, virulent, misogynistic, oppressive culture of death known as Islam.
    I didn't read this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little_Cat)
    Both of them are vile and repulsive. I, personally, don't consider them as being human.
    They don't even view this life as important. Hence why they're so willing to die.

They think life is just a mere tedious vehicle for the sweet afterlife where virgins will be waiting on them hand and foot.

ReputationRep:
    They don't even view this life as important. Hence why they're so willing to die.

They think life is just a mere tedious vehicle for the sweet afterlife where virgins will be waiting on them hand and foot.
    I personally didn't think they wanted to die, they thought they would get away with it. Until they saw their pictures all over all media.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pendulum3)
    wHAT WAS HIS MOTIVES?
    Radical Islam? His classmates have testified that he said things like, "Thanksgiving is haraam"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    I personally didn't think they wanted to die, they thought they would get away with it, until they saw their pictures all over all media.
    I agree. The swiftness with which they were identified, the detail of the photos, the way the police and FBI have responded... this is absolutely unprecedented.

ReputationRep:

This. Islam is not a race. It is a man-made belief system, and it is a choice to be a Muslim, therefore it is entirely legitimate to criticise it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexandrTheGreat)
    I agree. The swiftness with which they were identified, the detail of the photos, the way the police and FBI have responded... this is absolutely unprecedented.
    But how could they not know what there were CCTV and everything there? They were incredibly stupid.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.