Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    looks like another zopi filled night for poncho.
    You've probably already been told this, but you should be careful about taking zopiclone too much. It's addictive and over time you'll need more and more to get the same effect, you'll also totally lose any ability to sleep without it. Could you try finding something to fill the nights you can't sleep instead? I dunno, a book, a game - superwolf told me about online jigsaws and they're quite good I found.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    You've probably already been told this, but you should be careful about taking zopiclone too much. It's addictive and over time you'll need more and more to get the same effect, you'll also totally lose any ability to sleep without it. Could you try finding something to fill the nights you can't sleep instead? I dunno, a book, a game - superwolf told me about online jigsaws and they're quite good I found.
    i need to take a zopi tonight so my boyfriend can sleep, hes refusing to sleep till either he knows im ok and safe, or im asleep...
    i usually just chat on skype and play games and stuff to fill my time though, just needing zopi alot recently to get me through some nights i guess

ReputationRep:
    i need to take a zopi tonight so my boyfriend can sleep, hes refusing to sleep till either he knows im ok and safe, or im asleep...
    i usually just chat on skype and play games and stuff to fill my time though, just needing zopi alot recently to get me through some nights i guess
    Ok, fair enough. Just making sure you're aware of the issues around it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Ok, fair enough. Just making sure you're aware of the issues around it.
    its ok, pretty sure im already addicted thinking of it :woo:

ReputationRep:
    ended up waking the boyfriend up and now hes refusing to sleep until im asleep. :sad:
    looks like another zopi filled night for poncho.

i really dont know why he puts up with me, all i do is wake him up, or annoy him when hes awake. pretty sure thats my only role as his girlfriend :sad: hed get much more sleep and a lot less nagging if i wasnt with him, but i know hell disagree.

im just sick of feeling like this i hope tomorrow is a good day because i sure need one. im so drained of feeling so down, yet i still have so much to complete at uni still. i have to go to placement and pretend im ok and happy.

because i know my boyfriends about to read this i shall go get my zopi and turn off the light so i can sleep i guess. :yes:
    That sounds horrible :lovehug: Hope both of you get to sleep soon, I can't sleep either :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sultana)

It shouldn't be so bad, generally they'll just ask about your current symptoms and how they're affecting you plus a bit about your history and your living situation. Shouldn't be too dissimilar to your first doctors appointment. Then they should discuss what some of the options going forward might be for you. Try not to worry about it, they'll have done dozens of assessments and will understand it's nerve wracking.
    Thanks for the reassurance. I really have problems talking though. Just hope I can get the words out because I know i need to do this!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Woke up at midday today and managed to get out of bed around 4 after crying for absolutely no reason. Visited my gran for a few hours and got fed which was nice since I've not felt up to cooking for a few days. Then came home and felt sorry for myself a bit longer. Now I can't sleep and have to go to work tomorrow morning though I'd rather stay in bed.

Not sure why everything has got worse suddenly. I think some of it is the fact that in the month since I left uni I have inly heard from one person that I was friends with. I get rhat towards the end I wasn't the most social person, and maybe mixing alcohol with ADs led to me being seriously annoying some nights and they all have exams but I just feel like no ine gives a c*** that I'm gone and that leads to some not so safe thoughts. Slightly reconsidering going back next monrh dor some big party stuff that iv already got tickets for, starting to think no one would want me there.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So sepetnt realy extendedd period pf time on floor and idont know wat i'm doing relaly.. feels so much horrrible. urgh. want it to stopp.amm going ot bed i;m just fde up

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, don't knoww if I can do this, stillk haven't been to sleep :cry2: thisd is so unfair. Feel too anxcious and low and awful. Need soneone to make this stop pleasde. Cant do this, cant do today cant do anythuhg

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Slept in the end but as usual I'm always tired :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nut.)
    Yeah we've been busy bees.

'Tis going ok. Have managed to complete year 1 this time around. :party2:

How've you been? :hugs:
    That's good I've been better but have enrolled for an open university degree so I'm making some life decisions which is something

ReputationRep:
    God my sleep pattern is so messed up! That's the second time in a row I've missed breakfast and the nurses ain't to happy bout that nor the doc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HmMusic)
    Is this doable then? I'm considering my options and am at the point where it looks like I'm going to have to redo some of the 2nd year. I don't know what sort of finance options there are, but pregnancy must be a compelling personal reason!!
    Hey,

Well student finance give you 4 years of funding in total (length of course + 1 year). So if youve only used 2 years so far and your course is for 3 years, then you should be able to do your 2nd year again no problem if thats what you wanted to do.

But if you wanted to change course and start a new 3 year one thats when it gets complicated. Id already used 2 years of funding, and my new course was 3 years, so i needed an extra year of funding. the only way to get this is compelling personal reasons, mine was depression. You have to write how being ill made you leave uni basically, you need a doctors note aswell. But i spent ages reading others peoples stories on this and pregnancy very rarely got someone extra funding. But if you just wanted to do your 2nd year again i dont see a problem. I hope that all made sense :confused:

But calling them is probably the best thing to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -FireFlies-)
    Hahaha :yep: run away now otherwise you feel the full force of the FireFly :lol: Haha you'll be waiting a while ... Ach I'm always like this.. I just get so bored at night and there's no one around to talk to

Haha.. just imagine if they were :eek: You'd be radiating whiteness from your teeth everywhere you go haha well duhhh, but I'm just being nice and saying I hope you'll have an enjoyable time (does that sound better now haha).. very good plan indeed

Meh, just this place really.. and a new nurse who really pissing me off

:lovehug:
    Yeah but you're a really small bug that can be stood on... unintentionally As will you I fall a sleep quickly because if i'm stressed out, I get tired so I fall a sleep It sucks when no one is around to chat though :-/

Hahaaaaa, i'd literally have that little sparkle on my teeth that you see on t.v every now and then I know, i'm just stating the obvious haha. Seriously good plan that's not quite going to plan in terms of coursework. I got a lot of day left so i'll get something done

:hugs: Is there no way you can avoid the nurse? Or request for a new one? I hope things improve for you

:lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    Feeling a bit sorry for myself. Bit hungover because glass of wine turned into almost a bottle last night. Had really quite a nasty flashback which made me fall off the chair I was on (assuming this, given I started off on chair and came out on floor) and my arm hurts where I fell on it and just generally pretty bleh. Was the first drunk flashback I've had for a while and they're pretty nasty because I think I just fully engage and can't fight it. Also feel bad that Nut. had to watch/listen when I was totally engaging with it rather than being able to respond at all. I dunno. Am tired.

ReputationRep:
    Feel beyond awful. Had two flashbacks this morning and I'm sore. I seem to have no control over myself anymore. Feel as though I can't hold on like this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by 08batee)
    Feel beyond awful. Had two flashbacks this morning and I'm sore. I seem to have no control over myself anymore. Feel as though I can't hold on like this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :jumphug: :console: I'm so sorry, that sounds so horrible You can absolutely keep a hold on things and control them, you really can. Offer of a PM always there :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfgah)
    Feeling a bit sorry for myself. Bit hungover because glass of wine turned into almost a bottle last night. Had really quite a nasty flashback which made me fall off the chair I was on (assuming this, given I started off on chair and came out on floor) and my arm hurts where I fell on it and just generally pretty bleh. Was the first drunk flashback I've had for a while and they're pretty nasty because I think I just fully engage and can't fight it. Also feel bad that Nut. had to watch/listen when I was totally engaging with it rather than being able to respond at all. I dunno. Am tired.
    Noooo need to feel bad. I'm just sorry that I couldn't really do anything. :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    Hi,

Is it possible to have some advice please:
    A now-ex friend of mine has the habit of blaming his depression on others and manipulates people. In my case, I asked him to stop contacting me and his reaction was to blame me for what's happened and then claim that it's all my fault. I've done nothing wrong. I just don't want to come on Facebook all the time and find messages from him. They're usually him asking the same thing over and over again.

He also said that if he ends up in hospital again, it's my fault. I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one blackmailing others when I don't get my own way.

Unfortunately, he isn't someone I can avoid, which makes it worse.
    I know that it's possible to block certain people from sending you messages on facebook, and that sounds like it might be a useful feature for you.

It doesn't sound like a very nice situation but it's good that you know you've done nothing wrong and that this isn't your fault. You just have to keep remembering that and try to find ways to prevent him from contacting you I think. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Not doing well :sigh:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.