Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    Or change the kit colour again to a fluorescent pink and yellow striped kit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think he should team up with the Leicester Thais to form 'Queen Power' and attract a new feminist fanbase.

ReputationRep:
    Would love WBA to fall for obvious reasons, but being a adopted Swansea fan due to Uni, I don't mind Cardiff dropping either!

Who do we all think is going to get the 3rd promoted spot up to Prem Prem land??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Would love WBA to fall for obvious reasons, but being a adopted Swansea fan due to Uni, I don't mind Cardiff dropping either!

Who do we all think is going to get the 3rd promoted spot up to Prem Prem land??
    Wigan, with QPR, Derby and reading taking playoffs, Wigan beating QPR in the final and destroying QPR due to their wages.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I want Nottingham Forest but that's not going to happen :sad:

Anyone but QPR, please.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

I'd be thinking Bournemouth tbh - they're in a great run of form, not far off the play-offs now. If they maintain that form they'll make the play-offs, and well a team going into the play-offs in form has a good chance.

ReputationRep:

Wigan. Bournemouth won't make, they are just on a good run, I'd be amazed if they got to the play-offs at all

I'd love Wigan to go up, beating QPR in the final. Then Fulham can come down and we can have a season of Fulham, Brentford and QPR in the same division with QPR absolutely ****ed because of wages and being scum. Finishing one point above the relegation zone after beating QPR on the last day to leapfrog them would put me in a state of happiness for the rest of my years.

ReputationRep:
    So much hate for QPR that I can't really argue with. Ok so here are my predictions - get that money ready.

Championship: Leicester, Burnley & Derby and Relegated: Yeovil, Barnsley & Millwall

League one:
    Wolves, Brentford, Preston (although the irony if it's whoever comes 6th) and Relegated: Stevenage, Carlisle, Tranmere & Shrewsbury

League Two: Scunny, Rochdale, Chesterfield, Burton and Relegated: Torquay & Cobblers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    I'd love Wigan to go up, beating QPR in the final. Then Fulham can come down and we can have a season of Fulham, Brentford and QPR in the same division with QPR absolutely ****ed because of wages and being scum. Finishing one point above the relegation zone after beating QPR on the last day to leapfrog them would put me in a state of happiness for the rest of my years.
    That would be nice :-)

So much hate for QPR that I can't really argue with. Ok so here are my predictions - get that money ready.

Championship: Leicester, Burnley & Derby and Relegated: Yeovil, Barnsley & Millwall

League one:
    Wolves, Brentford, Preston (although the irony if it's whoever comes 6th) and Relegated: Stevenage, Carlisle, Tranmere & Shrewsbury

League Two: Scunny, Rochdale, Chesterfield, Burton and Relegated: Torquay & Cobblers
    Seems fairly accurate.

I'll go with:

Championship: Leicester, Burnley & Wigan and Relegated: Yeovil, Barnsley & Millwall

League one:
    Wolves, Brentford, Rotherham and Relegated: Stevenage, Carlisle, Crewe & Shrewsbury

League Two: Scunny, Rochdale, Chesterfield, Fleetwood and Relegated: Torquay & Cobblers

ReputationRep:
    Here's my prediction:

Championship: Promoted: Leicester, Burnley & Wigan
    Relegated: Barnsley, Yeovil & Millwall

League One: Promoted: Wolverhampton, Brentford & Peterborough
    Relegated: Shrewsbury, Carlisle, Stevenage & Notts

League Two: Promoted: Rochdale, Chesterfied, Scunthorpe & Fleetwood
    Relegated: Torquay & Northampton

If we're lucky we see Stevenage replaced by Crewe and Millwall by Birmingham. But don't really have much faith in them right now.

Those upper two are also really good Wouldn't be surprised to see one of them happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Oh dear, West Brom are becoming a laughing stock. Anelka banned, then sacked. Berahino now probably getting the boot too. Won't be surprised if they join you guys next year.
    Are you a West Brom fan by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Are you a West Brom fan by any chance?
    No, but even Newcastle's joke 2008-09 season didn't spare them from the drop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhlody20)
    League Two: Promoted: Rochdale, Chesterfied, Scunthorpe & Fleetwood
    Relegated: Torquay & Northampton
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Seems fairly accurate.

I'll go with:

League Two: Scunny, Rochdale, Chesterfield, Fleetwood and Relegated: Torquay & Cobblers
    neither of you going for southend in the playoffs... heartbreaking :'(

ReputationRep:
    Northampton getting relegated would be delicious karma for them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Joe Mattock making a mistake leading to a Leicester goal is one of the most enjoyable sights ever, for a supposed Leicester born and bred player, a city fan he treated us with incredible disrespect...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Joe Mattock making a mistake leading to a Leicester goal is one of the most enjoyable sights ever, for a supposed Leicester born and bred player, a city fan he treated us with incredible disrespect...
    I forgot we were playing you we're gunna get a spanking

Joe Fattock has decided to become a footballer in these last months somewhat. Still a tail though.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    I forgot we were playing you we're gunna get a spanking

Joe Fattock has decided to become a footballer in these last months somewhat. Still a tail though.
    He was a decent player in the L1 season, but you won't find a city fan with a good thing to say about him - went off on international duty preseason 2009/10, handed in a transfer request while away and refused to return until he got his move away. Pretty despicable move, particularly for a supposed fan (fan in the sense of those on this thread, not the Robbie Keane definition)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    He was a decent player in the L1 season, but you won't find a city fan with a good thing to say about him - went off on international duty preseason 2009/10, handed in a transfer request while away and refused to return until he got his move away. Pretty despicable move, particularly for a supposed fan (fan in the sense of those on this thread, not the Robbie Keane definition)
    I think that may even beat Leon Clarke feigning injury so he could engineer a move to Wolves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Midlander)
    I think that may even beat Leon Clarke feigning injury so he could engineer a move to Wolves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Eh, both are massive **** moves but what do you expect from a sport where the world governing body consider telling a player they're under contract and to honour that contract slavery?

Blatter can't leave the sport quickly enough.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.