Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle have had a rubbish run of games so it's absolutely vital we actually start well this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Newcastle have had a rubbish run of games so it's absolutely vital we actually start well this time.
    i sometimes forget newcastle are in the PL, with such an excellent start to the season they just seem to exist and not do much else (inb4 kinda like arsenal), they have lost cabaye though which was a big blow in creativity in their game. i doubt the game will show any real threat but we do need to stop this sluggish starts to our games.

ReputationRep:
    Mesut Ozil winning a trophy in his 1st season that'd be a good-look. It would also say that we're still trying to compete, initially start of the season I was worried wouldn't win a trophy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Mesut Ozil winning a trophy in his 1st season that'd be a good-look. It would also say that we're still trying to compete, initially start of the season I was worried wouldn't win a trophy.
    lets be honest he moved for money and to coast for the rest of his footballing days with a team that lacks ambition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    lets be honest he moved for money and to coast for the rest of his footballing days with a team that lacks ambition
    Lol what makes you think he moved for money, he moved because he felt his position was under threat. Let's not forget it is World-Cup year, BaconButty are you even an Arsenal fan? I haven't seen you post anything remotely positive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Lol what makes you think he moved for money, he moved because he felt his position was under threat. Let's not forget it is World-Cup year, BaconButty are you even an Arsenal fan? I haven't seen you post anything remotely positive.
    he would still be starting for madrid he picked the easy option and his performances and application on the pitch have showed it

it'd be naive to think the money didn't have a big say in it though he's more than doubled his wages and probably got a massive signing on fee

ReputationRep:
    he would still be starting for madrid he picked the easy option and his performances and application on the pitch have showed it

it'd be naive to think the money didn't have a big say in it though he's more than doubled his wages and probably got a massive signing on fee

How are you sure it was directly for money and not because Madrid had to make up the 80m of Bale..

ReputationRep:
    aren't mourinho and ferguson known for exactly running their clubs from top to bottom especially ferguson?
    Well not in the same way, I.e. Ferguson didn't really take training himself and left it to Rene for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    How are you sure it was directly for money and not because Madrid had to make up the 80m of Bale..
    the deal went through on deadline day i'm sure they were desperate to get rid of him

ReputationRep:
    the deal went through on deadline day i'm sure they were desperate to get rid of him
    Which pretty much contradicts your initial point doesn't it? You were saying Ozil just wanted the money. But now you're saying Madrid were rushing to get rid of him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Which pretty much contradicts your initial point doesn't it? You were saying Ozil just wanted the money. But now you're saying Madrid were rushing to get rid of him?
    :facepalm2:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    aren't mourinho and ferguson known for exactly running their clubs from top to bottom especially ferguson?
    Fergie didn't take training for years. He left it to Phelan and Meulesteen so he could focus on managing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Fergie didn't take training for years. He left it to Phelan and Meulesteen so he could focus on managing.
    i think that was because he didn't want to be out in the cold

ReputationRep:
    No match thread this evening?

ReputationRep:
    lol bet some of you man can relate to this. sounds just like my dad too :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    Got bare happy there thinking I've somehow missed that we were playing a league game tonight. Then realised you were talking about the Real Bayern game. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    Would be better to make one then ask about why one hasn't been made :P

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal is beautiful
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    I'm so torn. I like both Bayern and RM but my love for RM is more, let them win it! Hala Madrid innit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I'm so torn. I like both Bayern and RM but my love for RM is more, let them win it! Hala Madrid innit.

**** Bayern and their win over Arsenal

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.