Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview for Mathematics with Finance on the 12th of February. Does anyone know why it is such a long time away? I have submitted my application on 15th November

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abudabu)
    I have an interview for Mathematics with Finance on the 12th of February. Does anyone know why it is such a long time away? I have submitted my application on 15th November
    From what I gather each separate course has a visit day/interview on its own day which is usually a Wednesday. Like my visit day was all Maths and actuarial science students. The next week was a different combination of maths with _____

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abudabu)
    They're probably just waiting until everyone has applied, so that they only have to do one interview day for that specific course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeb786)
    is your name actually zeb? I've never heard of anyone called zeb other than myself. There can only be one!
    Yeah that's my name too haha nice to meet you zeb lol

ReputationRep:
    Sociology anyone? Think I am putting Manchester as my insurance choice and Bath as my firm.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for international management todayy
    Sent my application off 2nd december, they received it on the 3rd and got an offer on the 4th (today)
    So happy, my first reply and its my first choice aswell

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview today! Offer of ABB!

ReputationRep:
    Me too! I've got one for Chemical Engineering. What subject have you applied for? Is it me or do most people have the interview on the 11th, haven't heard many people having interviews on the 4th.
    How was your interview? Was it pretty informal? Any tips, or anything I should worry about? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabrina09)
    How was your interview? Was it pretty informal? Any tips, or anything I should worry about? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey The interview day was pretty nice. Started off with a talk ( in which they told us what Chem eng is and how theyre raising requirements for 2015 entries to A*AA) in the james chadwick building followed by some lunch with undergrad chem eng students. The lunch was actually where you'll get most of your questions answered.Then there's a tour around the James Chadwick building, which by the way is fantastic. Then you go to another building called the mill ( I think ) which is about a 5 minute walk and there you get to sit in a big lecture hall and then they call you to interviews in groups, I didnt really have to wait but if you are in another group then you'll probably listen to another talk whilst you wait. My interview was very informal, i dont think i can call it an interview at all. I was taken to another building where i met one of my interviewers and he took me to his office, on the way to the office he was giving me a mini tour of the place. The first question he asked was why Chem Eng and I told him, gave him a pretty detailed answer ( lol ) and he said it was a good answer but you could say theres good money and job prospects . I think it was a joke (or not) and then he looks at a sheet of paper and says if i have any questions for him. So i asked him about the study abroad/Language learning opportunities. And we just talked about stuff/oppurtunities abroad for Chemical engineers and then he said something about S.Korea and we talked about how they have better wifi than we do and the he was critisizing germany's wifi (pretty random).. and then he ended it and he said see you next year ( I was like ) , so yeah random chatting after one genuine question. Then I just went home.Received an offer on track today . It was a very friendly and comfortable environment. You have nothing to worry about, you'll be fine If your still worried just know what Chem Eng is and why you want to study it. Manchester is a fantastic university and I'm sure you'll love it. Good luck !

ReputationRep:
    Hey The interview day was pretty nice. Started off with a talk ( in which they told us what Chem eng is and how theyre raising requirements for 2015 entries to A*AA) in the james chadwick building followed by some lunch with undergrad chem eng students. The lunch was actually where you'll get most of your questions answered.Then there's a tour around the James Chadwick building, which by the way is fantastic. Then you go to another building called the mill ( I think ) which is about a 5 minute walk and there you get to sit in a big lecture hall and then they call you to interviews in groups, I didnt really have to wait but if you are in another group then you'll probably listen to another talk whilst you wait. My interview was very informal, i dont think i can call it an interview at all. I was taken to another building where i met one of my interviewers and he took me to his office, on the way to the office he was giving me a mini tour of the place. The first question he asked was why Chem Eng and I told him, gave him a pretty detailed answer ( lol ) and he said it was a good answer but you could say theres good money and job prospects . I think it was a joke (or not) and then he looks at a sheet of paper and says if i have any questions for him. So i asked him about the study abroad/Language learning opportunities. And we just talked about stuff/oppurtunities abroad for Chemical engineers and then he said something about S.Korea and we talked about how they have better wifi than we do and the he was critisizing germany's wifi (pretty random).. and then he ended it and he said see you next year ( I was like ) , so yeah random chatting after one genuine question. Then I just went home.Received an offer on track today . It was a very friendly and comfortable environment. You have nothing to worry about, you'll be fine If your still worried just know what Chem Eng is and why you want to study it. Manchester is a fantastic university and I'm sure you'll love it. Good luck !
    Thankyou so much! Your reply has put me a little at ease now btw what was your reason for chem eng that wowed them, if you don't mind me asking. Thanks again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Offer of AAA for Maths and Stats after my interview (which could've gone better!) yesterday!

ReputationRep:
    My interview for Maths and Philosophy resulted in an offer

ReputationRep:
    Manchester is my first choice uni (for psychology)

ReputationRep:
    anyone applied for business and politics?

ReputationRep:
    anyone looking to study music?

ReputationRep:
    Economics and Philosophy offer anyone else for this course?

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for Business Studies!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I'm looking for some advice
    I applied for Biology (C100) but my application was declined because:
    1. The University apparently doesn't count maths and further maths as separate A-Levels
    2. They require all 3 A-Levels to be done in one sitting
    Now my current A-Level choices are bio, maths and further maths (respective predictions AA*B) and 1 would mean that I can't use further maths, but I thought that would be fine because I also have an A-Level in Polish which I finished in 2012 and got grade A, but then I learned about 2 and essentially 2 of my A-Levels have been ignored. Had I known about these particular requirements, I never would've applied (or visited!) in the first place. They are listed nowhere on their website. What can I do? I've called UCAS but it's too late to change my application, I've called Manchester who have admitted to wasting my time (!) and I'm getting my school to write a letter asking them to reconsider my application. I have an offer for C100 from Sheffield who acknowledge my early A-Level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by konradical)
    Hi all, I'm looking for some advice
    I applied for Biology (C100) but my application was declined because:
    1. The University apparently doesn't count maths and further maths as separate A-Levels
    2. They require all 3 A-Levels to be done in one sitting
    Now my current A-Level choices are bio, maths and further maths (respective predictions AA*B) and 1 would mean that I can't use further maths, but I thought that would be fine because I also have an A-Level in Polish which I finished in 2012 and got grade A, but then I learned about 2 and essentially 2 of my A-Levels have been ignored. Had I known about these particular requirements, I never would've applied (or visited!) in the first place. They are listed nowhere on their website. What can I do? I've called UCAS but it's too late to change my application, I've called Manchester who have admitted to wasting my time (!) and I'm getting my school to write a letter asking them to reconsider my application. I have an offer for C100 from Sheffield who acknowledge my early A-Level.
    It is nonsensical to ignore your A-Level just because you've done it early. If worse comes to worst, would they accept it if you take your Polish again and have that counted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZombifiedPuppy)
    It is nonsensical to ignore your A-Level just because you've done it early. If worse comes to worst, would they accept it if you take your Polish again and have that counted?
    I can understand why, Oxbridge demand 3 at once so that students "are able to handle the workload", my problem is that I wasn't told about these requirements. Seriously, if you can find them on the website, I'll find you and give you a fiver

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 29, 2015
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.