Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How many marks has maths boundaries gone down by?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelo12231)
    Who here done AQA french?
    Meeeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 260498)
    What do people think about the Further Maths AQA grade boundries? What do you think you'll get?
    They are great! Hoping for the A^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamabbie97)
    I had to self teach myself the course :'( I was the only one from my side of the year (out of 120 pupils) doing further maths, so the rest of my class was just getting on with their normal maths.

I feel quite confident though, and it gave me a boost for as-level maths.
    You self taught? Well done to you then!

We were doing it as a class, but we were no where near finished so I began self teaching, but I didn't have enough time to complete it :/ but yeah it should be very helpful for AS maths! Good luck for tomorrow by the way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrandMasti)
    Meeeee
    BS grade boundaries... 27 for a B? Thats normally an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r p)
    OCR has made my day! Computing is the only subject I take with them and they've lowered the A* exam boundary by 10 marks!!!! So the top grade is still a very much alive and kicking possibility

OMG that was beautiful- that made my day as well !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyricalvibe)
    Not even, it was like 26 for a C on one of them, that's like normally a B -_-
    54/75 for an A* last year it was like 43.

ReputationRep:
    They are great! Hoping for the A^
    Are you taking it for A Levels? I just want an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelo12231)
    BS grade boundaries... 27 for a B? Thats normally an A
    Yh, I was shocked when I saw them for the first time as well. Luckily, my coursework is almost full marks so i'll hopefully get the A*.

BON CHANCE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timbolaa)
    Wait, is that bad? OCR has to be one of the best boards for science because of their relatively low grade boundaries
    I know but they're normally ridiculously low like 20 marks or below for a C decent part is they remained low for physics but chemistry 1/2/3 I think is like 47 for an A* butv that was my best one so I'm hopeful :lol:

ReputationRep:
    What do people think about the Further Maths AQA grade boundries? What do you think you'll get?
    A* I think!

I would love an A^ but I don't think that'll happen as I made too many silly mistakes in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    Are you taking it for A Levels? I just want an A*
    No, I'm just taking normal Maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blood)
    A* I think!

I would love an A^ but I don't think that'll happen as I made too many silly mistakes in the exam.
    Same! i was hoping for an A^ but i think i messed up on the second paper

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know when WJEC release their grade boundaries - I have a feeling it's tomorrow...

Martha of www.marffie.blogspot.com

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm just taking normal Maths
    I'm doing both, depending on this Further Maths grade, if i dont get an A* or above then I will change it to English Lit. What else are you taking?

ReputationRep:
    I know I mean PE is hard enough as it is, although I personally think the exam was quite good (was so happy the new section wasn't in the exam!). I wish I knew where I was in terms of my coursework .

Haha we did those (although I didn't choose life-saving) what did you have to do instead?
    We had to all do 'proper' sports, I ended up doing Football, Table Tennis, Circuit Training and Basketball - I got 79 :/ Yeah I know so many people who random obscure stuff where it's so easy to get 10s. Wouldn't mind usually, but it's annoying that boundaries are so high due to this and the fact that our teacher marks us incredibly harshly. He could have easily given me and everyone else a mark or 2 higher on each sport

ReputationRep:
    Wait, is that bad? OCR has to be one of the best boards for science because of their relatively low grade boundaries
    Well WJEC P3 this year was 50% for an A and 40/60 for 100UMS. Now that's low grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    Yh, I was shocked when I saw them for the first time as well. Luckily, my coursework is almost full marks so i'll hopefully get the A*.

BON CHANCE!
    Je dont like french very much

ReputationRep:
    AQA french anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing both, depending on this Further Maths grade, if i dont get an A* or above then I will change it to English Lit. What else are you taking?
    I'm doing Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics next year

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.