Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by tomfailinghelp)
    Anybody any ideas about what qualifies as 'household income' for bursaries? My sister earns money but I don't know if that has to be added to the total household income as I'm not dependent on her?
    Siblings don't count for the Student Loan calculation so it's probably the same for bursaries.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasey)
    I feel exactly the same. When I see myself classed among all the other all A* at GCSE, brilliantly academic all their life, oxbridge offer holders I just feel so out of place, like what how :confused:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    ah know the feeling. i have been on the recieving end of many E grades. (except maths obvs )
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    omg so true same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomfailinghelp)
    Anybody any ideas about what qualifies as 'household income' for bursaries? My sister earns money but I don't know if that has to be added to the total household income as I'm not dependent on her?

I know! Feel like my grades are gonna slip at any moment as well (they already are doing so for English... whoops)

Good golly gosh I hope so! I would sell my liver to satan to be there this time next year.

10 hours off what?

Sucks that they make you do extra stuff? I know nothing about STEP so please excuse my ignorance, is your offer difficult? Think you'll make it?
    From when I got my offer. It is difficult, yeah. STEP I isn't so bad but II-III are quite hard for me atm, managed 4 questions on an II paper over 2 days but not timing myself. I would like to think I'd make it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    STEP is very very hard. Maths is the only subject where significantly more are made offers than places exist because of the way they can control acceptances by the skew on step results

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you already a student there? I think I remember speaking to you in summer after an exam.

ReputationRep:
    Well I just found this thread (but found out about the offer on Monday)
    So hi guys!
    And congrats on your offers!
    Hopefully we'll see each other in October (grades permitting of course)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username42)
    No-one else has made this so I thought I would.

Chat about stuff here.

There's a Facebook group here.
    I'm finally on it...

Economics/Emmanuel

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DomStaff)
    Are you already a student there? I think I remember speaking to you in summer after an exam.
    Im a first year Phy Natsci I was pooled to robinson. I think it was unit 5 physics where everyone was arguing over the solutions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    Im a first year Phy Natsci I was pooled to robinson. I think it was unit 5 physics where everyone was arguing over the solutions
    Summer pool? What was your original college?

No, I did G491-2 physics last year...got it, FP1 OCR!

ReputationRep:

Winter after reinterview

Kings

Got an AAAA offer from Robinson :cool:

My mad skillz

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I just found this thread!
    NatSci biological at Caius
    Nice to meet you all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Winter after reinterview

Kings

Got an AAAA offer from Robinson :cool:

My mad stalking skillz
    mhmm

ReputationRep:

Winter pool, I applied to kings but fell to pieces in my physics and chemistry interview and my performance in the test and maths interviews couldn't quite redeem how spectacularly bad I was...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    mhmm
    :lol: I was going to put stalking in myself but then tbf, I didn't actually stalk so I left it out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aurie)
    Hey,
    I just found this thread!
    NatSci biological at Caius
    Nice to meet you all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You too, welcome to the thread! Is your offer nice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TVIO)
    You too, welcome to the thread! Is your offer nice?
    Thanks
    It's an offer, that in itself is nice
    I have to get 52/60 overall in my final exams (I have 8 subjects)
    It's what I was hoping for

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In the list of colleges, Lucy has been missed. Has anyone been given a Lucy offer?

ReputationRep:
    From when I got my offer. It is difficult, yeah. STEP I isn't so bad but II-III are quite hard for me atm, managed 4 questions on an II paper over 2 days but not timing myself. I would like to think I'd make it.
    Oh right. Well I hope you do dude good luck!

(Original post by newblood)
    Last year they gave maths offers to 530 people, only 170 met the STEP 1,1 requirement and they still let in 236 people.

Its pretty hard
    Lmao makes me pleased to be a lowly Philosophy offer-holder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tatt0barbie)
    In the list of colleges, Lucy has been missed. Has anyone been given a Lucy offer?
    Definitely. It's just that the author of the thread doesn't update it anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas how strict the engineering conditions are? Like is there any chance at all of getting in if narrowly missed offer?

ReputationRep:
    When does everyone intend to write to accept/reject their offer (or if you already have when did you)? And what did you write ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.