Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciGuy123)
    I pretty much hate C4. I get 90+ no problem in c3 past papers all the time but in c4 im getting Bs all the time
    Ughhh same

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do u'll think there will be a question on rates in C4??? I hv no idea on how to answer questions on rates!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOREN_TORETTO)
    integrate xe^(x^2+1)
    (Original post by Alex:)
    Two ways of doing this - by reverse chain rule (inspection) or by substitution of x^2 + 1.

Inspection should be easiest.
    Hi! Just attempted the question. What was the answer? i got 1/2 e ^ (x^2 + 1)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hajs)
    Yh that is right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3361905
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by hajs)
    + a constant

ReputationRep:
    The function g is defined by g:x^2 – 4x + 11, x<=0. (b) Find the range of g.

As it says x<=0, would you substitute 0 into g which gives you 11 and that's the range?
    Or do you complete the square of g and then find the range?

I always get confused don't know whether to substitute the range of x they give you to find the range of y or to complete the square/ factorise and then to find the range by drawing the diagram?

ReputationRep:
    C3 I am on the A/B borderline and the same with S2 but with C4 I am struggling to even get C's...
    I just don't know where to start with integration (minus AS integration). Does anybody have revision notes or a website that helps you understand the methods for integration? I know how to do lnx, e^x, trig functions and integration by part because of the formula sheet but apart from that I'm useless. I'm really worried because I don't want 1 exam to drag my grade down as much. Any help would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody seen a C4 past paper where they asked you to sketch a parametric curve?

I have no problem with parametric equations but can't stand drawing them as I find it tedious making a table finding (x,y) values and then drawing the curve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Has anybody seen a C4 past paper where they asked you to sketch a parametric curve?

I have no problem with parametric equations but can't stand drawing them as I find it tedious making a table finding (x,y) values and then drawing the curve.
    Never seen one to date

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)

seen one on a elmwood paper.. not on any past papers though..

ReputationRep:
    How do I integrate

Sin3xcosx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lam12)
    How do I integrate

Sin3xcosx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is this sin(3x)cos(x)
    Or (sin(x))^3(cos(x))?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 424259

This :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The whole thing? The substitution is fairy standard, for the trig one you need the c3 factor formula

ReputationRep:
    Use the sin cos addition formulas with A and B as 3x and x!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Use the sin cos addition formulas with A and B as 3x and x!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know how to do that with integration haha

So I'll get sin3xcosx + cos3xsinx then what?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lam12)
    I don't know how to do that with integration haha

So I'll get sin3xcosx + cos3xsinx then what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do he same with sin(A-B) then add them to cancle the right term!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Do he same with sin(A-B) then add them to cancle the right term!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks understood now :-))))

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

What would be most efficient/intuitive way to integrate this? It came up in an Edexcel paper and they didn't give any information on which method to use, and in the mark scheme they didn't even show the steps for intergrating it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.