Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lambert87)
    Thank you very much How is yours coming along?

11th November they all offered me... I had to change two of them:

1. 2nd December
    2. 3rd December

All the presentations they want as vastly different too...
    Have they told you if you are presenting to a panel, other trainees or a student body?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gentlegiant)
    Have they told you if you are presenting to a panel, other trainees or a student body?
    All 3 of them are presenting to other PGCE hopefuls, panel of 5 which includes subject tutor, teachers of local schools and programme directors of the University.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lambert87)
    Thank you very much How is yours coming along?

11th November they all offered me... I had to change two of them:

1. 2nd December
    2. 3rd December

All the presentations they want as vastly different too...
    I'm still waiting on my second reference, I know he's only had it a few days but I'm getting impatient now!

Wow, I had thought that there might be a few cases where interviews were on the same day but all three?! Glad they managed to fit in you on another day!

Best of luck with them!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I sent my application off yesterday morning after waiting what felt like years for my references, along with having numerous issues with UCAS sending emails and references not receiving them I was just wondering, for every whose applied and received responses, how long did it take? I know they have 40 days to respond, but I was just wondering what people's personal experiences have been

ReputationRep:
    I had my first chat with my Premier Plus Advisor this morning. Was so nervous beforehand, but had no reason to be. He was so lovely!

I've now found all my exam certificates so filled in that bit of the application. I have a problem with adding my postgraduate degree though. Has anyone else filled in that bit? It won't let me add my university name in the awarding body box. It only lets me type "University" and then it seems to run out of characters. Anyone else had that problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluffyowl)
    I had my first chat with my Premier Plus Advisor this morning. Was so nervous beforehand, but had no reason to be. He was so lovely!

I've now found all my exam certificates so filled in that bit of the application. I have a problem with adding my postgraduate degree though. Has anyone else filled in that bit? It won't let me add my university name in the awarding body box. It only lets me type "University" and then it seems to run out of characters. Anyone else had that problem?
    You could put the abbreviation eg Birkbeck = BBK UoL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChancedTravels)
    You could put the abbreviation eg Birkbeck = BBK UoL?
    I've done that at the moment as it is UCL, but that won't work for every university! For example, I went to the University of Reading for my undergrad, but I can't write UoR as that could be a few other universities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluffyowl)

Yeah I had to just put Cardiff and hoped that they knew which uni I meant. I guess you could get your reference to clarify?

The UCAS form is so poorly thought out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma08)
    Hi everyone! I sent my application off yesterday morning after waiting what felt like years for my references, along with having numerous issues with UCAS sending emails and references not receiving them I was just wondering, for every whose applied and received responses, how long did it take? I know they have 40 days to respond, but I was just wondering what people's personal experiences have been
    Congrats and good luck. From my personal experience, I had recieved responses 2-3 after my application and at most 7 days. It was originally 14 days but there was a weeks half term in the way.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!
    Anyone applied for the pgce primary ? I've applied and sent it off yesterday!
    Now I'm just revising for the maths test and I'm dreading it!!! The mental arithmetic are annoying!!
    Anyone else in the same boat lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gentlegiant)
    Congrats and good luck. From my personal experience, I had recieved responses 2-3 after my application and at most 7 days. It was originally 14 days but there was a weeks half term in the way.

Thats made me feel a bit better! i've been checking my emails non stop ;') where did you apply to btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissBunny)
    Hi all! Good luck with the applications

I'm applying for a Primary PGCE - first choice is MMU, then Cumbria Uni (did my undergrad here) but not sure about others yet. Mainly looking at North West area.

Started looking at examples of personal statements as well as write some notes for my own - no sentences yet. Anyone know when the UCAS goes live?

Experience wise, I'm contacting schools next week. But a local primary school advertises for graduates to help out and get work experience so fingers crossed they have space for me! MMU wants 3 weeks experience, which could be problematic as I work full time. I think I'm going to take off a mixture of paid and unpaid holiday. :/ Not ideal but needs to happen.

Been brushing up on my maths skills for the QTS skills test currently - know I need some serious revision - fun times!
    Hi! I'm also applying for the pgce primary! Mmu is my second choice! I was surprised that mmu wanted 3 weeks! Was difficult to get them!Have you completed your application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma08)
    Applied on Friday and had 3 interview offers by this morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abzisfabz)
    Hi, I sent off for my references on the 28th so just waiting to hear back now!! I'm applying for primary school PGCE. Good Luck to everyone! I wonder how long it takes to hear back from the uni's once it finally gets sent off!! x
    Hi! I've also sent mine off yesterday as one of my reference took a week to do!! I'm doing primary too! Good luck! Where you applying ?

ReputationRep:
    I just got an email from UEL and have a Primary with English interview on Monday morning!!!!! Ahhhhh!!!!! Talk about short notice!

ReputationRep:
    I just got an email from UEL and have a Primary with English interview on Monday morning!!!!! Ahhhhh!!!!! Talk about short notice!
    Well done that's amazing!!!! Congrats!!
    When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Well done! Wow, that is short notice, best of luck!

---

Is a week after I've sent my application to references too early to bug the second one? The first was done in less than 24 hours but this one hasn't even accepted the invitation yet.

My skills tests are in just over 2 weeks now so I'm starting to worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monty21)
    Well done that's amazing!!!! Congrats!!
    When did you apply?
    Last Wednesday so less than a week ago... I am not prepared!!! hahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aemiliana)
    Well done! Wow, that is short notice, best of luck!

---

Is a week after I've sent my application to references too early to bug the second one? The first was done in less than 24 hours but this one hasn't even accepted the invitation yet.

My skills tests are in just over 2 weeks now so I'm starting to worry.

Tell them your skills tests are in a week and you need the reference to be done in order to take them...

ReputationRep:
    Tell them your skills tests are in a week and you need the reference to be done in order to take them...
    They are super busy though so I do feel mean. I think I will probably bug them on Thursday and just gently say that I know they're busy but...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.