Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Branch: Adult Nursing
    Uni(s) applying to: Hertfordshire, Kingston, LSBU, Anglia Ruskin and Surrey

I submitted my application in October and already have 2 unconditional offers from Hertfordshire and Kingston! I am waiting on my LSBU interview date as I had to reschedule it. I didn't get an interview from Surrey but I don't have the grades, it was just my closest uni and I withdrew from Anglia Ruskin after my first offer as it was the university I least liked. Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Bb
    (Original post by MsRaine)
    I think it's best to get there around 15 mins earlier if you know where you are going! If you've not been before, I'd recommend aiming for 20-30 mins to allow for getting lost!

I'm currently sat at Waterloo Stn waiting for my train to Plymouth... Sooooo nervous! I don't even remember the last time I felt this nervous before!

Thanks btw, and good luck to you too!
    Ok, will make sure I get there a tad earlier.

Aw, we will be fine. It makes me nervous though too! I'm more worried about the maths than the interview though! Aw, you have a long way to come! Hope the journey is going ok.

Good luck xxx 😊

ReputationRep:
    On their open day the lecturer described the maths test as more of a quiz, if that helps ease your mind I'm mostly nervous about my mind going blank when being asked questions! I've had such a rollercoaster of emotions over the past month that I just hope I remain calm! :/
    Xx
    (Original post by YazminH)
    Bb

Ok, will make sure I get there a tad earlier.

Aw, we will be fine. It makes me nervous though too! I'm more worried about the maths than the interview though! Aw, you have a long way to come! Hope the journey is going ok.

Good luck xxx 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielleevanss)
    What was that interview like? I am clueless too...I'm scared that I am going to freeze in interview and have a complete mind block, and left without anything to say...

Haha! You are the first person who's said that. Are they difficult to get into then? I only chose them because all but Hertfordshire are around an hour to get to, so I'll be close to home. I also live about 5 minutes away from UCS!
    It was okay! Nothing that you probably haven't answered already in your personal statement ! And oh! I thought those unis were quite spread around haha my bad!

ReputationRep:
    Any applied to Scottish unis? Just sent mine away today, so nervous! 😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoekirk95)
    Uni(s) applying to: Hertfordshire, Kingston, LSBU, Anglia Ruskin and Surrey

I submitted my application in October and already have 2 unconditional offers from Hertfordshire and Kingston! I am waiting on my LSBU interview date as I had to reschedule it. I didn't get an interview from Surrey but I don't have the grades, it was just my closest uni and I withdrew from Anglia Ruskin after my first offer as it was the university I least liked. Good luck everyone!
    Hi! i seen you have applied to similar uni's to me! ahh, do you have any tips? im so scared, im still on personal statement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fc93)
    So strange how the selection process seems to work! I've had an interview for KCL and got one for City and Southbank this month but Kingston rejected me without an interview.

Apparently Kingston do an MMI (multiple mini interview) which someone described is just like speed dating haha. Just prepare like you would for any other interview but I've read on a couple of unis that the people questioning you haven't seen your personal statement so don't assume they know all your experience etc.

Good luck! Hope this is your year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hiya! So sorry for the bother.. Just wondering how long it took you to hear from South Bank after your numeracy and literacy test..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy Rhodes)
    Hiya! So sorry for the bother.. Just wondering how long it took you to hear from South Bank after your numeracy and literacy test..
    Hi no problem at all! Sorry I was a bit unclear in my previous post, I meant I had a test day coming up for LSBU (which was today!)

Not sure when we hear back but my friend who works for the uni reckons about a week.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katienursing2015)
    Got an interview at Chester for children's nursing in a few weeks! Only found out today. Can't believe how soon that is
    Hi Katie, When is your interview for Chester? I'm still waiting to hear from them! Just wondering if I do hear from them soon, how quick the interview is after hearing? Are you excited? x

ReputationRep:
    Was anyone here at the ljmu interview yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmawebb)
    Hi Katie, When is your interview for Chester? I'm still waiting to hear from them! Just wondering if I do hear from them soon, how quick the interview is after hearing? Are you excited? x
    Hey! My application was sent off on the 10th November and I got a letter off them a few days ago so got a reply within a week - make sure you check your post as they don't use track to offer interviews. The interview is on the 2nd December so it is pretty soon after being offered!
    I'm a little excited but it's scary thinking about how competitive it is. Plus I have a few other interviews so there's so much preparation to do lol.
    Good luck with your application x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katienursing2015)
    Hey! My application was sent off on the 10th November and I got a letter off them a few days ago so got a reply within a week - make sure you check your post as they don't use track to offer interviews. The interview is on the 2nd December so it is pretty soon after being offered!
    I'm a little excited but it's scary thinking about how competitive it is. Plus I have a few other interviews so there's so much preparation to do lol.
    Good luck with your application x
    Aw thank you for that, I never would of thought of checking the post! Delighted for you with your interview i know how exciting it is! Last year i applied for adult nursing so i could stay in my home town with my son as the uni didn't do children's nursing but i didn't want to go ahead and settle for adult because i know it's not what i want so i applied for angila ruskin children's through extra in may and got on the waiting list and my interview was so much more relaxed because i knew my heart was 100% in it... they can tell when they interview you how passionate you are. It shines through so be confident and yourself and they will love you regaurdless of exams and experience.. the studying for the interviews is so nerve wrecking. There's so much to cram in. But once you get there you will feel more relaxed. If it is meant for you it won't pass you. Let me know how you get on. I'll keep you updated on mines x

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Cumbria yet? I've heard from all my other choices but not Cumbria 😁😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geedepledge)
    Hey guys!
    I'm 18 years old and have applied for adult nursing at Liverpool, Manchester, Liverpool John Moores, Northumbria and Cardiff. So far I have interviews for Manchester on Wednesday 25th Nov, Northumbria on Friday 27th Nov and Liverpool John Moores on 2nd Dec.

I sent my application on 4th Nov.

Anyone else received interviews/offers from any of these unis?
    I had an interview for JMU on 28th October and got an offer the day after, and I had an interview for Uni of Liverpool on the 11th November and got an offer on the day after aswell!

Good luck! x

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Uni: Uni South Wales (Glamorgan)
    Relevant experience:
    The only experience I have is the two years I have beencaring for my Grandparents. My nan has had 4 strokes and my grandad wasdiagnosed with terminal Cancer. I have been living with them and providing allthe care at home to everything. Even down to the day my grandad passed away 4weeks ago. I have been trying to apply for uni for a long time, however Idecided to put them first and put my life on hold. My grandad didn’t have longleft and I wanted to make sure he had everything he needed and to make sure he wascomfortable all the way through. Now I can apply and hopefully get a chance ofputting what I learnt with my grandad to good use. I have applied for severalcare homes as I’m looking for bank work and experience but still waiting tohear. Is anyone able to advise how I can volunteer on a hospitalward?
    Thanks. 3:2��k��

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for northumbria

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciaracross)
    I had an interview for JMU on 28th October and got an offer the day after, and I had an interview for Uni of Liverpool on the 11th November and got an offer on the day after aswell!

Good luck! x
    Can you let me know how your northumbria interview goes please

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've an interview on the 2nd December for Salford (Mental health nursing) at 1pm
    also now have an interview for the same nursing branch on the 4th December for Teeside at 8:45am.

Got the offer from Salford via email and not track, so worth keeping an eye on your emails as well as your post + UCAS track online.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!!
    I've just sent my application off for Adult Nursing September 2016 intake. I've applied for Cardiff, UWE, University of South Wales, Worcester & Birmingham City. Anyone else applied for any of these?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fc93)
    Hi no problem at all! Sorry I was a bit unclear in my previous post, I meant I had a test day coming up for LSBU (which was today!)

Not sure when we hear back but my friend who works for the uni reckons about a week.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh ok! Thanks for the response and how did it go? I am yet to get a response it's over a week now..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2016

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.