Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, hope you`re okay
    how did you think your interview went x
    heather1807

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been to West London Phase 2 Interview for child Nursing, this is the only uni left as all the other rejected me . I was wondering what kind of questions they ask for the group and the individual interview, if it was hard ? Help, Please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deede3_)
    Ive applied for both havent heard back yet
    Had my interview for Huddersfield. Not sure how it went

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I've applied for child nursing at Canterbury Christchurch. Has anyone else applied there and been invited to interview yet?

I'm a mature student so haven't applied anywhere else.

Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heather1807)
    anyone had an interview at liverpool john moores?
    I have one on the 17th. Dreading it as it will be my first one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by topdot12)
    I've had an interview already . Xx
    I've got mine next month. How did it go if you don't mind me asking?? I'm really nervous.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I may be seeing some of you at Salford in September :yes:

ReputationRep:
    HI,
    I actually had mine yesterday, for child branch...
    Goodluck! You`ll be great, the staff are very friendly and welcoming x
    (Original post by ShanSmith)
    I have one on the 17th. Dreading it as it will be my first one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allym123)
    I've just received an e-mail to say it was an error with their system and they still want me to come to the selection day. So relieved!!! Will see you there
    Congratulations on your interview! I'm still waiting to hear back from Southampton.
    How did you get access to their hobsons thing? Did you just create a new account or did you have returning user details? If so, how did you get these? Worried that I've missed an email or something. 😣 Reading about what happened to you has made me anxious to be able to look at both the unis system, and also track.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I've applied for children's nursing 2016 but I am feeling so so negative about the entire thing because of the maths and English tests
    Has anyone got any advice for the maths and English test
    I already have been rejected by my favourite choice because I failed it which was so upsetting seeing as I revised so much.
    I've got interviews for UWE and Birmingham City coming up and I desperately need help! has anyone had interviews there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alice97)
    Has anyone done the Northampton online tests and what were they like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    did mine a few weeks ago, I found it really difficult. They give you a list of what topics will be in it but the actual questions weren't covered on the list
    Revise hard and I'm sure you'll smash it
    The English was super easy though just comprehension.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heather1807)
    I have my interview at salford tomorrow how was yours?
    Hey heather I had a interview at Salford the same day I heard your name but can't remember your face lol
    Btw I'm the girl with the grey scarf
    Have you heard for them yet ?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard an offer from Salford, Huddersfield or UCLAN ?? And do u think theyll be any places left in clearing if someone doesn't get an offer ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abcdeabcde)
    Had my interview for Huddersfield. Not sure how it went

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I still didn't hear from them when did you
    ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaediatricStN)
    Soon-to-qualify children's nurse here. Fehiel free to ask any questions you might have about the course or applying etc!

Joel
    Hi I have an interview at teesside for child nursing but really worried about the maths test, wondered if anyone has recently done it?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, an offer from Salford here. 10 days after interview so they were quite speedy.

They did say that the majority wouldn't know until after everyone had been interviewed. I'm not really sure on how clearing works if I'm honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by euniceoy)
    Hey,
    I've applied for children's nursing 2016 but I am feeling so so negative about the entire thing because of the maths and English tests
    I already have been rejected by my favourite choice because I failed it which was so upsetting seeing as I revised so much.
    I've got interviews for UWE and Birmingham City coming up and I desperately need help! has anyone had interviews there?
    Hey try not to panic! I didn't interview at those places but the Maths and English are quite different for each uni so you might find these easier than the one you failed. Have you looked at BBC Bitesize for revision? I found it really helpful for the Maths. Most English tests are just looking to check you can spell and write things that make sense, or a reading comprehension. Just make sure you read the question and take your time.

I met a girl at an interview who failed two unis Maths and English but now has two offers. Stay positive and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4436457)
    I still didn't hear from them when did you
    ??
    Had my interview on Monday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by euniceoy)
    Hey,
    I had my interview at City yesterday! Well it's not actually an interviewer, it's a group discussion, honestly it was the best one I've had, all you need to do is know why you want to be a children's nurse and be able to show that you can listen and work well with others! Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dizzyblondechick)
    Hi I have an interview at teesside for child nursing but really worried about the maths test, wondered if anyone has recently done it?
    You have no need to worry, although understandably lots of people are very anxious about it! It'll be addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, ratios and percentages. That sort of thing. It's not even GCSE standard I would say. Revise your knowledge on BBC Bitesize if you need to.

You may get asked some more advanced questions like drug calculations, but these are easy to calculate when you know how.

For example: A baby has been prescribed 100mg of Paracetamol. The liquid you have is 250mg in 5ml. How many ml do you need?

Two simple ways of doing it.

1) (Without a calculator) By ratios. If there are 250mg in 5ml, work out how many mg there are in 1ml... So there are 50mg in 1ml, and you want 100mg, so you need 2ml.

2) Using the formula: what you want (100mg) divide by what you've got (250mg) multiplied by its strength (5ml). But none of the questions they are asking you should require that formula as they should be easy, as the example I have given above is. Meaning you can work it out on ratio.

I hope that helps, and doesn't confuse you. Please don't be phased by the drug calculation, I just know that some unis were asking those types of questions. Good luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.